Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deathmagnus View Post
    They keep the buff of the trike when they faction change, BUT the spell changes to one of the other alliance mounts. I tried it on beta with the free faction changes.

Ah that explains it!

And less trolling, if you don´t care about the mounts then people who do care about mounts don´t give a shit about your opinion.
    ^not directed at deathmagnus!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    It's a fairly obvious violation of the spirit of faction change, where you are supposed to lose ALL of your faction paraphernalia, and acquire corresponding opposing faction's paraphernalia instead.

In this case, there is nothing that corresponds, so it should be obviously removed. This really isn't a hard logic chain to go through in about 10 seconds it takes you to start typing a reply to the thread.
    It's not about my capacity for logic. I was just stating what I believed was supposed to happen with those particular mounts based on third-party sources (friends). Whether or not it SHOULD be removed is not the same as whether or not it IS removed. A poster below me clarified and made my post moot, anyway.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2010-12-01 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    Just find it odd Blizzard let such a bug slip, it´s not moot. you are moot.
    why is it surprising? Blizzard has let many bugs slip by plenty of times ...
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    Who cares? No really, why does it matter? Can't people find an actual issue to complain about?
    Ofcause, but once there arent many left they focus on this kind of things. "OMAGAWD THEY HAZ TRIKE I WANTS TWIKE TOOO!!!1"

You people do realize that the Horde had two mounts less then Alliance for over five years, right? You will survive two aswell... if this even stays that long. Go, start playing a Horde Character for once in a lifetime till you reach 80. And i mean; Quest your way... If you are honest you will learn that there are other things to complain about which noone does - even if its just in BC and Wrath - while they are atleast as "frustrating" as this two mounts may be to you.

edit: Oh and about "Horde players get what they want if they QQ". Brewfest-Kodo. Nuff said.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    might simply be a bug that will go away in a hot fix,re log or a dismount.

i do understand the alliance pov, even tho worgens dont get mounts, they get something imo is way cooler than any mount, but i guess not everyone will start a new worgen main or change there current main into a worgens.

and am pretty sure blizzard doesnt like the horde more than the alliance, its just that there are more horde than alliance players, thats why we can do some serious QQ'ing. :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Oh, you silly Alliance. I had my 100 mounts before the trikes were introduced, so MEH! I know it's doable without them.
    Completely do-able without the trikes which just make it a bit easier. I have 96 mounts and I don't have the Mechano Hog, Ulduar drakes, 10 ICC drake, Blue Proto-drake, Halaa mounts, Naxx achievement drakes nor do I have the Violet Drake, as well as 5 of the mounts from ToC dailies or the now removed tribute mounts from the instance. Plus two ZG mounts, Kara, Strat, neither of the mammoths from Vault, the 16k gold mount or the 8k one from Sons of Hodir. So that's 26 mounts, 6 of which have been removed. So there are 20 mounts, as to how someone cannot get 100 when there are at least 16 extra mounts in the game then needed for the achievement, I really don't get how Alliance are crying about not being able to get 100 mounts. Granted, I play a Paladin so I get two extra class mounts from the two Chargers but still. Factor in the card game which it seems a reasonable number of people play, and it's easy to get 100 mounts.

keep it, since alliance get no faction mount from gilneas, need to give the people faction-changing something. plus, in order for an alliance to get this, they'd have to buy a faction change twice. more money for blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Completely do-able without the trikes which just make it a bit easier. I have 96 mounts and I don't have the Mechano Hog, Ulduar drakes, 10 ICC drake, Blue Proto-drake, Halaa mounts, Naxx achievement drakes nor do I have the Violet Drake, as well as 5 of the mounts from ToC dailies or the now removed tribute mounts from the instance. Plus two ZG mounts, Kara, Strat, neither of the mammoths from Vault, the 16k gold mount or the 8k one from Sons of Hodir. So that's 26 mounts, 6 of which have been removed. So there are 20 mounts, as to how someone cannot get 100 when there are at least 16 extra mounts in the game then needed for the achievement, I really don't get how Alliance are crying about not being able to get 100 mounts. Granted, I play a Paladin so I get two extra class mounts from the two Chargers but still. Factor in the card game which it seems a reasonable number of people play, and it's easy to get 100 mounts.
    Actually, the argent tournament dailies can offer you 13 mounts, 2 ground mount for each faction, an argent hippo flying, and the sunreavers (and what the alliance faction is called) ground mount and flying mount, so 13.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofymoonkin View Post
    Well, there is no counter mount to it. So I don't know if blizzard over looked this or not. But They should know whats going on so people can see if it will be taken away or not. After all, its supposed to be a horde only mount. So blizz may just take it away from alliance all together, but that will also ruin a mount count.

But this would be one way for alliance to have a chance at a new mount if they decide to keep it or make a mount for automatic switches to alliance from horde.
    Knowing them they will hot fix it to take away the mount from players who faction changed, especially if they did it just to get the mount. It is somewhat of an exploit since the mount is supposed to be exclusive to Horde, since there is no equivalent rep for Alliance players, using something that wasn't designed for your faction is somewhat of an exploit. It's like the retarded gold sellers trying to sell BoE epic gear and patterns designed for Alliance players on Horde side and vice versa. You can't use the gear designed for other factions, what gives Alliance the right to use our mount? It would be like taking away their Frostsaber mount from Winterspring just because it's a reputation grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    more money for blizzard.
    The primary reason they aren't fixing it. That and a lot of QQ would ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraske View Post
    If you were to do #1, you'd have to pay back the people who faction changed for it. Else an outrage might ensue.

Unless, it was stated by blizzard before that it was a bug and was to be "fixed" and they did it after the official announcement. Likely, if they do "fix" it then they are simply going to let the people who have it keep it, and just not let anyone get it anymore similar to the ghost wolf that hunters could get a while back.
    This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read on this website.

No. Just no. If you're stupid enough to waste $50 faction changing twice for a mount you know you shouldn't have, you have absolutely no right to keep the mount, or rage about it taken away. Just no.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lego2er View Post
    Actually, the argent tournament dailies can offer you 13 mounts, 2 ground mount for each faction, an argent hippo flying, and the sunreavers (and what the alliance faction is called) ground mount and flying mount, so 13.
    I forgot about the Argent Hippogryph, but I don't have any of the mounts that cost 100 tokens, I could have had some of them by now but I honestly dislike how long it takes and how much of a grind it is to farm those dailies when you get like 10 tokens a day tops, still takes a week to get more then 50.

lol this old felt hat? perhaps a wash is needed

Yet another QQ thread. nothing to see here

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKidding View Post
    Oh you silly Hordie. Of couse you'll say "Who cares?" to an Alliance player. You're a Hordie and Blizzard gives you what you want when you QQ.
    In retrospect I guess Hordies should have been posting here complaining for the last 4 years about Alliance having more mounts.
    See how dumb that idea sounds? That's how dumb you sound?
    Alliance is just looking for any reason they can to say Blizz has a hard on for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    In retrospect I guess Hordies should have been posting here complaining for the last 4 years about Alliance having more mounts.
    See how dumb that idea sounds? That's how dumb you sound?
    Alliance is just looking for any reason they can to say Blizz has a hard on for Horde.
    How many mounts did Alliance have more than Horde exactly? Just the one; unpainted Mechanostrider?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    How many mounts did Alliance have more than Horde exactly? Just the one; unpainted Mechanostrider?
    Yes. But whether it was one, two or ten, nothing was ever brought up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I forgot about the Argent Hippogryph, but I don't have any of the mounts that cost 100 tokens, I could have had some of them by now but I honestly dislike how long it takes and how much of a grind it is to farm those dailies when you get like 10 tokens a day tops, still takes a week to get more then 50.
    on December 5th !, i would have bought all thew argent tournament has to offer, and i do the dailies everyday (not all of them tho).

try doing the trial of the champion, thats an extra 3 tokens, and after the 4.0.1 patch, i have noticed that the bag that some quests reward that includes an extra 10 gold, now also gives u a token, u dont find it in the bag u just loot it.
    Last edited by lego2er; 2010-12-01 at 03:09 AM. Reason: spelling

If they want to pay 50 dollars to get a mount....I say let them have it, it's a vanity item just like pets. But like stated before, he probably just kept the buff when transferring, so unless he never dismounts, he should lose it.

Oh look, it's another one of these threads. Worgen don't have a mount, they're different. Different = GOOD. Get over it people, seriously.