Poll: Leveling too fast 1-60 now?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think people are just enjoying lvling a lot more. ^^ seams faster when your having fun. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Honestly I think they should maybe slow the 1-60 levelling down a little, as it really is VERY fast and the new content is really great. Then they should cut outlands and northrend (especially outlands) levelling time down by about half. Let us spend more time with the new fun stuff and less time with the old stuff.

The problem I found was that even with just questing (with no heirlooms specifically to avoid getting ahead of the levelling curve) I STILL got ahead of the levelling curve. I was 4 levels ahead by the time I hit level 30, so I had to skip a zone. If I were to be doing dungeons to take in more of the flavour and get some better gear, I would have been even further ahead.

A significant portion of the quests are identical or just barely changed. Even the new additions will be old soon. I enjoy questing, but not enough to want everyone to have to spend a huge amount of time on each of their alts. I say it's fine as is.

Spending twice as long in outlands and northrend than in the new content isn't really fine to me, but OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor View Post
    Just seems like a lot of wasted work they did if they intended us to level this quickly. It's so trivial that it's a joke.

Why not take some of these zones and tailor them to 60-80? They are going wasted with all of this content.
    Well i think this is intended, and making alts will now be way easier than having just one character now. Since you havent seen all the content then reroll an alt and do kalimdor for instance if u have done eastern kingdoms allready. Its easier to lvl therefor easier to make an alt, and getting to see new content on each alt is a plus aswell.

Less boring is good.

Also when i first lvld my druid, yes when we were all new hybrid specc only, that was a pain in the ass. I think it was one of the slowest class to lvl, not hardest but slowest. Overdone survivability mixed with very low dmg, yeah u could take down everything it was just a matter of massive amounts of time=)

2 days 18 hours played on my lvl 67 Mage.

And to think I leveled her BEFORE the content changes, only 60-67 was after and that's in Outland >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    one can never too fast especially with 3 xpacs

Quote Originally Posted by tychicus View Post
    people complain its to hard to level and now people complain its to easy? O_o
    People still don't understand why this happens? They are not the same people. There's more than 2 people in the world. Group A may complain about it being too slow, then group B complains it's too fast. There's no side switching or anything to surprise you going on here. All this is is a lesson in the fact that you can't satisfy everyone. I really wish people would stop acting like just because some people complained, no one should ever have the right to complain about the opposite. It's not just you and one other person on the internet. There's no imaginary single person making every single other post and flip flopping his opinion constantly. Anyway, /endrant.

More to the topic. Leveling fast is great. Very very few people play the game for the sake of leveling. Most play for end game. Getting there faster is a good thing. If you like leveling, awesome. Roll another alt. I doubt you have 40 level capped chars, and even if you do, you can delete one. Or go back and do the quests at level cap. There's no harm in leveling fast, since you are still free to do the quests if you feel so inclined, and there's definite benefit for leveling quickly. Thus leveling quickly > leveling slow.
    Last edited by Cactrot; 2010-12-01 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Removed a mistake

I wanted to level slowly so I could check out every quest that has been added, modified...etc. Didn't go so well. 1 Dungeon was like 2 levels. In every zone I only finished like 20-30% of the quests, because they turned grey and I had to move on to another zone, but well, who cares...I'll try it again with another toon I guess

Leveling is fast now, but... I've spent enough of my WoW "career" leveling all ready. The sooner I can get to wherever I'm going and stop, the better.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Depends on who do you ask. For me, no, it's definitely not too fast. I've done my fair share of leveling back in days (first 60 was some 5,5 yrs ago). For people who are new to this game, it's hard to say. On the other hand the 1-60 may be a bit too fast run and they will miss all the cool and awesome stuff the Azeroth has to offer. Then again, the grand total leveling without the buffs would be too much for any non-hardcore'ish player. At least the quests are a lot more enjoyable now (from the short and fast glance I gave them), they're not hard and you don't /cheer behind the keyboard after getting yet another ultimately annoying quest done, but do they have to?

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    People still don't understand why this happens? They are not the same people. There's more than 2 people in the world. Group A may complain about it being too slow, then group B complains it's too fast. There's no side switching or anything to surprise you going on here. All this is is a lesson in the fact that you can't satisfy everyone. I really wish people would stop being stop acting like just because some people complained, no one should ever have the right to complain about the opposite. It's not just you and one other person on the internet. There's no imaginary single person making every single other post and flip flopping his opinion constantly. Anyway, /endrant.

More to the topic. Leveling fast is great. Very very few people play the game for the sake of leveling. Most play for end game. Getting there faster is a good thing. If you like leveling, awesome. Roll another alt. I doubt you have 40 level capped chars, and even if you do, you can delete one. Or go back and do the quests at level cap. There's no harm in leveling fast, since you are still free to do the quests if you feel so inclined, and there's definite benefit for leveling quickly. Thus leveling quickly > leveling slow.
    ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    In BC we had Blood Elves, which were pretty damn childish
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    i remember syphoning power from hellish beings and capturing and enslaving the very essence of what is good in the world to feed my crippling withdrawl to my addictions when i was a child