Update - Added November 30 hotfixes, including a massive boost to Gamon's already incredible power!
Blizzard Product Slate "Leak"
People are pretty excited about a new picture going around the web, supposedly a leak of the schedule of Blizzard's release for the next year. I don't usually comment that kind of things but ...
The image appeared on MMOGamesite.com, apparently this is an english MMO site based in China and I already know a lot of people will hate me for reporting that news. The document itself is probably a slide from an internal presentation to executives and/or shareholders, and seems to be 8 months old according to the date at the top.
- BNET2 - Well, that's the Battle.net we now use on WoW.
- BNET2MapMarket - This is pretty self explanatory, but I'm a little surprised by the timeline.
- BNET2 3rd Parties - The end-game with Battle.net is as far as I know to compete with Steam. One of the best way to do that would be to use the new platform to distribute a popular game, and if that game was an upcoming Call of Duty title the Activision/Blizzard merge would suddenly make a lot of sense, right?
Nothing really new here, but I have no idea what SC2 Phoenix is.
Target release date in a year makes sense. The 2 expansions aren't really a surprise but I wouldn't take it as a confirmation, that's usually the kind of stuff you mention in company meetings with the higher-ups to make everyone happy.
World of Warcraft
- WoWMobile - Done/in-progress with the mobile Auction House and the upcoming extra features.
- Cataclysm - Well, we all know about that.
- WoW Brazil - Portuguese translation of the game. I already heard a couple of rumors about that and at this point I'm 99% sure it's true, this is one of the reason why I think this document is legit. (The 2 others being the TCG Game and Titan)
- WoW X4 - 4th expansion in a year and a half sounds very plausible.
- WoW TCG - TCG Game, this part will probably remind you of one of my old posts ... The Future of World of Warcraft: TCG
- WoW Movie - I'd say the timeline is off because the document is a few months old, before Sam Raimi decided to work on other projects before the Warcraft movie (but I still want to believe).
- WoW X5 - 5th expansion a year and a half later, nothing surprising.
Yeah, that's Blizzard's new MMOFPS and I might have hinted at that in the past but I don't have a lot of extra information about it and the release date is just an estimation. Don't assume that it will be released by the end of 2013 based on that document, it would be very stupid.
The document is probably legit, even if it's already a little old it still confirms and backups a couple of information I already mentioned, and mentions the portuguese translation for the first time in public. Don't take it as a hard fact and don't bring it up too much on official forums but I think it's an interesting piece of information.
New Forum Titles are here!
The new titles are finally deployed on the forums and I'm only a few months late! Hopefully it will make the regular forum posters happier and it will be an awesome opportunity for the 40 new moderators I will promote tomorrow to ban hundreds of people trying to boost their post count. See the list below, the post count required for the last 3 titles will remain secret for the moment, it's ridiculously high anyway.
0 Keyboard Turner
50 Field Marshal
100 High Overlord
200 The Patient
350 Stood in the Fire
1000 Bloodsail Admiral
1750 Pandaren Monk
2250 Pit Lord
2500 Herald of the Titans
3000 The Lightbringer
4000 Scarab Lord
5000 I am Murloc!
8000 Elemental Lord
9000 Over 9000!
10000 Old God
????? The Insane
????? The Unstoppable Force
????? Merely a Setback
Patch 4.0.3a Hotfixes - November 30
BlizzCast 15 Now Available
Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction
Dungeon Level Changes
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment