Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New Video Games Forums, Artworks, Comics, Setup of the Month

Nothing really new today as we're still waiting for Patch 4.3 to hit the test realms, which is probably the perfect opportunity to launch new forums!

MMO-Champion - New Video Games Discussions Forums
    It's time for MMO-Champion forums to expand a little more and to (finally) open forums dedicated to other games! We now have a "Video Games" forum category with the following forums:

1. Moderators:

1. Lysah
      2. Radux
      3. 3clipse

Forum Actions:

2. Forum Actions:

3. Forum Actions:

4. Forum Actions:

These new forums should give a little more freedom to the growing community on the Video Games forums and should make most of you guys happier. If you're not happy enough, you can probably find an answer to your angry questions below.

Why didn't you open a forum for [insert game here] when you opened one for [insert similar game here]??? [insult here]
    We only opened forums for games that already have a lot of activity on the Video Games forum in the first place. If your game isn't here, it just mean that we don't have a 5k+ replies thread about it, because not enough people are interested. Before someone points it out, 2 of the games with a new forum don't fill this requirements but I wanted them around anyway.

Where are the Off-Topic forums? I can't find them on the forum index!
    The Off-Topic forums have been moved below the Class discussions forums, the entire section was just growing too big and WoW is still the main reason why people come to this site. Realistically you can still use the small arrow on the right of each category bar to collapse the entire category.

I can't see the new forums in "Recent Forum Posts" on the front page.
    Intended, it would be too confusing for people looking for WoW threads (a huge majority of the visitors) to click something like "Best Farming Spots?" and end up in a Star Wars thread. For the moment, these forums won't show up on the front page but hopefully we'll have a way to do that in a non-annoying way soon.

I want to moderate one of the new forums!
    Moderator Applications for the new forums will be open within 1 or 2 weeks, just to have time to identify people who will actually post there.

Darkmoon Faire Stopping in Philadelphia on September 30
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The World of Warcraft Trading Card Game's Darkmoon Faire is arriving in Philadelphia, PA on September 30 and bringing with it a host of fun gaming events. Even if you've never owned a single card, you can learn the game through a demo and enter into one of the Beginner Tournaments, which launch every 2 hours throughout the weekend. You can also challenge Alexstrasza, the Life-Binder to a duel and become a Dragonslayer! On Friday, see the newest set, Throne of the Tides, before it hits stores. Bring your Worldbreaker Block Constructed deck and compete in the main event to win thousands of dollars in prizes. For a full schedule of events, visit the DMF Philadelphia page. We’ll see you there!

Burning Crusade Art Gallery Updated
    The Burning Crusade game art gallery has been updated with five new pieces.

Comics: Dark Legacy and Teh Gladiators
    Dark Legacy Comics #306 and Teh Gladiators #274 + #275 are available!

Computers - Setup of the Month (by chaud)
    Each month or every 2 months, depending on the hardware evolutions, the lovely chaud will work on a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

This month
    Now is a good time to buy a SSD, as the next generation is a good while away and the current prices are fairly flat. New AMD CPUs are rumored to arrive mid October, no confirmed information on them so far. New AMD GPUs are also rumored to be coming sometime in Q4 this year if you are thinking about upgrading.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't hesitate to post any feedback in the comments of that news post, and don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Peripherals/Monitors

ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    MonitorASUS VW224U 22-Inch Widescreen - $130ASUS VW246H 24-Inch Widescreen - $225
    KeyboardMicrosoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 - $24Cyborg V.5 - $47
    MouseLogitech G400 - $35Logitech G500 - $60
    SpeakersLogitech S220 2.1 Speaker System - $23Logitech Z313 Speaker System - $40
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    MonitorASUS VE276Q 27-Inch - $295HP ZR24w 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $357
    KeyboardLogitech G110 - $50Razer BlackWidow (Backlit)- $90 ($120)
    MouseRazer Deathadder - $48Razer Naga (Buttons on the Side) - $68
    SpeakersCreative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speaker System - $39Logitech Speaker System Z523 - $50

Puppy and Dolphin
    Overclocked Puppy will outperform Dolphin when multiple threads are in use (Not WoW) and come close in most other cases.
    Mix and match anything but the CPU/Motherboard combo between Puppy and Dolphin. Mix and match anything between Dolphin and Narwhal.

ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    CaseNZXT GAMMA Classic - $36NZXT GAMMA Classic - $36
    Power SupplyCorsair CX500 V2 - $60Corsair CX600 V2 - $60
    CPUAMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition - $112Intel i3-2100 - $125
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - $27Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - $27
    MotherboardASUS M5A99X Evo AM3+ - AMD 990X - $145Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 - $114
    Memory4GB PNY Optima DDR3 10600 - $284GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3 4GB 12800 DDR3 - $39
    Graphics CardXFX 6770 - $90XFX 6850 or EVGA GTX 460 - $163 / $183
    Hard DriveSAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB - $60SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB - $60
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $19Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $19
    Total$577$643 / $663

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn. SSDs are always optional.

ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    CaseCooler Master HAF 912 - $55Cooler Master HAF932 - $140
    Power SupplyCorsair 650TX V2 - $70Corsair 750HX (7 Year Warranty) - $150
    CPUIntel i5-2500k - $220Intel i7-2600k - $315
    HeatsinkThermaltake Frio - $58Noctua 6 NH-D14 - $86
    MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - $160ASUS Z68 P8Z68-V PRO - $200
    Memory4GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3 4GB 12800 DDR3 - $398GB G.Skill DDR3 12800 - $63
    Graphics CardXFX 6950 1GB OR EVGA GTX 560 Ti- $240 / $235XFX 6970 2GB OR EVGA GTX 570 - $350 / $330
    Hard DriveWestern Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $80Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $80
    SSDCrucial 128 GB m4 (Review) - $185
    OR
    Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB - $219
    Intel 510 Series 120 GB (Review) - $310
    OR
    OCZ 120 GB Vertex 3 (Review) - $219
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $19Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $19
    Total$936 - $1165$1602 - $1712

And before someone points it out, yes, I know it's too late to open a Rift forum, but if I don't open one I'll have 100 angry ex-Rift players knocking at my door with pitchforks and baseball bats when I wake up.

Diablo 3 forum is what I needed. Diablofans site is too heavy and slow to load.

Yay new forums!! Yay new comics!!

Thanks heaps for this Boubouille. I'd be your very own meat shield if you didn't put a RIFT forum up just for making a SW:TOR forum !

(...), it just mean that we don't have a 5k+ replies thread about it, because not enough people are interested.
    Where is the My Little Pony forum then?

Aren't they waiting too much to show priest/hunter/DK t13? Anyway, yay, Minecraft forum!

OMG BIBI NO STAR TREK FORUMS *Rage*. J/k, thanks for the new forums

The DLC commic made me laugh because that's who I felt during both achievements =[

What, no heroes of newerth? five thousand is al lot :/

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstryder View Post
    Thus begins the death of WoW :P
    A phrase uttered millions of times over the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And before someone points it out, yes, I know it's too late to open a Rift forum, but if I don't open one I'll have 100 angry ex-Rift players knocking at my door with pitchforks and baseball bats when I wake up.
    Too late?

I'm in favor of these new forums! I've especially wanted a dedicated place to discuss SWTOR with the community here.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Thanks Guys!! Now I don't have to leave MMO-C behind when I start playing SWTOR or GW2. I know a lot of people have been asking for these for a while so I really nice to see you guys actually listen.

Deleted
    No matter how much I try not to - such changes makes me really think that "WoW is dying"...

Deleted
    Ooh, I like the new forums a lot. Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharandris View Post
    Where is the My Little Pony forum then?
    Not a video game. :P
    Also the thread itself is more than enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence View Post
    What, no heroes of newerth? five thousand is al lot :/
    That was mostly a comment directed at HoN/DoTA 2 players yeah. LoL is much much more popular than HoN and even if people have their personal preferences, we can't have a HoN forum just because we have a LoL one.

The other alternative was to have a MOBA forum but I didn't really want to mix up HoN, LoL, and DoTA players in the same forum, I like when my users don't try to kill each other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello Kitty Island Adventure forums coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Not a video game. :P
    Also the thread itself is more than enough for us.
    NOT YET. But yeah, I was trolling. Couldn't help it. Sorry.

Anyway, I still hope for the MMO-Champ mascot to return. I liked that guy and now all I see is a 16*16px version of him.
    Last edited by Sharandris; 2011-09-27 at 07:28 AM. Reason: added actual content to my post