Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whoah, this is mind-boggling.

15+ Year Old Account
    a mmo-fps? wasn't all points bulletin like that? how'd that go? 2 months in and it got closed down and sold right?, i don't think blizzard will do much better either, and 5 wow expansions? yep, those will definately be shit, they barely have enough lore for 1 more, let alone 2, and anyone who says "they can just right more lore", yes they can but will it be good or make sense? no, unlikely.

that's just my opinion

Gamon on the other hand being stealth buffed is a snazzy thing i'll be happy watching people die really fast

I still think Titan will be a reimplementation of Starcraft Ghost but into an MMO Styled game, it had so much going for it in the multilayer released videos.

Unless blizzard has stated Titan is in a new universe, I don't see why they wouldn't use the well established SC Universe and Lore.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/h...ble-developer/

It's well known that prior to being closed Ensemble Studios was working on a Halo MMO codenamed Titan.
    Monk added that since Ensemble's closure, some of the scattered staff have gone to Blizzard, including Greg Street.
    With Bungie also joining ActivisionBlizzard. Halo MMO any one?
    Last edited by Azure P; 2010-12-01 at 05:06 AM.

SC2 Phoenix

SC2 Phoenix is mostly likely the Protoss missions. However I thought the Zerg mission were supposed to be next.

The first thing that is suspect about this leak is that we have it, at all in any form.

The 2nd is WoW5 and *Titan*are released at the exact same time. When was the last time Blizz put 2 big hitters on the field at the same time?

All I have to say is....

I hate kittens anyway.

Reading the chart sort of sends chills down your spine. It really is a huge leak, and it's odd looking two and three years into the future.

It seems from the start, the plan was to make 5-ish expansions, ultimately ending with a max level of 100. I'm sure some of you have seen the list of zones and expansions that has been around since before vanilla, and it's been followed pretty closely so far.

Seeing the word "Titan" listed on its own at the bottom is definitely the most mysterious and exciting thing on there. It may or may not be an MMOFPS, but with Blizzard's capabilities and the time frame involved, it really could turn out to be anything. Without a doubt, it will be awesome.

In case anyone missed it....the Halo MMORPG (Greg Street and other Blizzard employees worked on this) was also code-named Titan. Since I'm new here, I can't post the article link.

Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    Well well, Titans, eh?

/ponder
    More than likely it's just a code name for their MMO. it's very typical when companies are developing some thing well in advance to give it a generic code name. For example, Windows '95 was simply called "Chicago" until it was ready for release. The only significance of the word is that it's easy to remember, and every one can talk about the "thing" without revealing what the "thing" is. For example "Where's Bob Jones? I haven't seen him around lately." "Oh Bob? Yea, he's been over at the other site, getting the story team up to speed on Titan."

Also, I have no idea why Boub would take issue with a release date that's still three years out. I mean, if that's the window the document says, that's almost certainly the window they have targeted. Whether or not they'll actually hit that window is impossible to know, of course, but there's no reason to doubt it since it's not exactly all that ambitious.
    Last edited by Tang; 2010-12-01 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbaprime View Post
    Unless blizzard has stated Titan is in a new universe, I don't see why they wouldn't use the well established SC Universe and Lore.
    I'm pretty sure they said it was a new universe (not diablo, starcraft, or warcraft..)

Too lazy to find where this was said, but I remember reading/hearing it somewhere.. Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by songokou16 View Post
    SC2 Phoenix is mostly likely the Protoss missions. However I thought the Zerg mission were supposed to be next.
    Starcraft2X1 is zerg, Starcraft2X2 is protoss.

10000 posts O.O wow that's dedication haha

The first thing I thought of when I saw "Titan" was Saturn's moon, as opposed to mythological/WoW titans. A hard-SF/transhuman MMORPG based in the solar system would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBlue View Post
    The first thing I thought of when I saw "Titan" was Saturn's moon, as opposed to mythological/WoW titans. A hard-SF/transhuman MMORPG based in the solar system would be really cool.
    I'd be surprised if the game itself had anything to do with anything named Titan.

"Demon pets should not be receiving the appropriate contribution of the warlock's armor."

Is that correct or did someone mean to type "now" instead of "not"? Seems to me it should be "now" as they use the word appropriate later in the sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbaprime View Post
    I still think Titan will be a reimplementation of Starcraft Ghost but into an MMO Styled game, it had so much going for it in the multilayer released videos.

They've already stated that it's completely unrelated to any of their existing IPs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 04:55 AM ----------

P.S. --- "Lifeblood" is not a druid ability, it is the profession benefit for Herbalism.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but if I happen to hit the post count required for patient, I won't stop spamming before I progress to the next one. That is one insult of a title.

A whole nother year for D3 This is the worst.

This is one of the most exciting pieces of news I've seen about WoW / Blizzard in a very long time. I'm intrigued by the name of the new MMOFPS: Titan - Seems like at least a small reference to the Titans from WoW, no? You're a super human descendant of the Titans, sometime far in the future? I don't know. Sounds very exciting though.