Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aww... come on, where is my favorite Orc class that is finally added to the game located on the list of forum posting? PEON!

Seriously who doesn't love Orc Peons? Screw the Grunts they should be Peons!

I am happy about Blizzard's decision on Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction.
    I was leveling up my druid and my warlock way too fast.

Ugh, FPS...really? I really hope not and if it is it will NOT be the WoW killer at all. How can you kill a game with a completely different game? Not happening...There already is too many FPS multilayer games EVERYWHERE and from seeing the other FPSMMOs they don't do well.

I really hope it's a RPG with traditional fantasy and sci-fi settings, and nothing like SW:TOR has going on. Also, people don't take things like a random graph to heart, look at movies that were supposed to be released YEARS ago (The Hobbit, etc) and how much it got pushed back. It's realistic to say we won't be hearing anything more about "Titian" till 2015-ish and a release later than that...

Why plan past 2012? Stupid Blizzard. >_<

I hope blizzard will be very careful with the portuguese translation. To not use portugal's portuguese as reference, because it is similar to our language but not the same, seriously. There is some really bad translations within sc2 as far as I can remember, some made me laugh and others made me sad or shocked... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Deleted
    Yay I am a dreadlord, almost Bloodsail Admiral.

Interesting schedule if it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Leinie View Post
    You mean a company like Bungie? You know, the company that makes Halo? The same Bungie that signed a 10 year publishing deal with Activision earlier this year for all future Halo games? The same Activision that merged with Blizzard? And the fact that the Halo MMO that was being developed by Ensemble Studios, then cancelled due to "company politics," until THE SAME DAMN MONTH (April 2010) THAT BUNGIE SIGNED WITH ACTIVISION was called, get this, Titan?
    I....you.....what?

Ok, I understand taking a post made by people in an official standing out of context, it's done to manipulate a conversation in your own favour, but why in Zeus's name are you taking a post made by me out of context?

Here's the part that put's that paragraph back into context;

Quote Originally Posted by Deployed View Post
    Also, since the project is around a year old minimum already, surely something would've let slip by now if it was a colab development. However, would Blizzard really trundle into the FPS market, with their first entry being an MMO version, without assistance from a company that knows what they're going with FPS games?

It's all as plausible as it is unplausible.
    An educated person will see from the full paragraph that a) it's a hypothetical and b) is addressing BOTH SIDES of that thought.

Also, Activision-Blizzard only have publishing deal with Bungie. Publishing rights do not give a company ownership of the product. Ubisoft, for example, are the publishers of SOE's Planetside in Europe, but SOE handled The US side of things. You see, SOE don't have much of a presence in Europe, so they strike a deal with a company that is already based in Europe in order to handle the distribution and support in european countries. Since Activision is a Eurpean based company, this is why Blizzard are now with Activision (because without them, WoW would not have been released in Europe with the support is has had at that time, another company would've picked it up instead, but considering how long deal like these can take (see the issues with getting WoW published in China as a relavant example)europe may have been deprived of WoW for a full year after it's US release).

Bungie is a private company. Any development based interaction between two completely seperate development houses is a very difficult secret to keep. Which actually brings me back to what I was saying in the post you decided to butcher.
    Last edited by Deployed; 2010-12-01 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deployed View Post
    Since Activision is a Eurpean based company, this is why Blizzard are now with Activision (because without them, WoW would not have been released in Europe with the support is has had at that time, another company would've picked it up instead, but considering how long deal like these can take (see the issues with getting WoW published in China as a relavant example)europe may have been deprived of WoW for a full year after it's US release).

Bungie is a private company. Any development based interaction between two completely seperate development houses is a very difficult secret to keep. Which actually brings me back to what I was saying in the post you decided to butcher.
    Activision was a European Company prior to the merger with Vivendi? Since when? It was founded in the United States, and primarily operates in the United States, part of what made their merger with Vivendi Games(Which Blizzard was a part of) was the international distribution system that Vivendi Games and Blizzard had in place. I guess you can now say Activision-Blizzard is a European Company since Vivendi still owns a controlling(read: Majority, greater than 50%) interest in Activision-Blizzard, and Vivendi is a French company, but that is as European as they get.

My apologies, I was actually thinking of Vivendi. Which means I am actually making an assumption that Vivendi are handling the distribution of WoW in Europe, which I'm pretty sure isn't actually the case (because now that I am looking, I can't see publishing reference to Vivendi). Blunder.

Edit: Duh, of course they wont be mentioned (Vivendi I mean). It was a really bad example. Should've left it to the China publishing example and left it at that.
    Last edited by Deployed; 2010-12-01 at 06:59 PM.

1.5 year expansion release cycle? Where have I heard that before. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmob View Post
    1.5 year expansion release cycle? Where have I heard that before. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Actually, that is a reason I'm inclined to not buy into this release cycle. In interviews/statements made leading up to the release of TBC(an expansion every 12 months), and again with WotLK they claimed that their target was a new expansion pack every year(which some took to mean "calendar year" rather than 12 months.

Besides the fact that everyone I know that works in the Gaming Industry who I've talked to, and the people they've talked to within the gaming industry about this "leak" as well, have all come back with the response of "I've never heard of a gaming company having a single planning document tracking all of their projects, particularly that far in advance." As the risk factor on such a document getting leaked(as being claimed here) would be huge.

It's probably a fake, somebody is trolling with great success.

As if the Cataclysm wasn't enough, Boub actually went ahead and posted this pic!

I saw it a while ago and I really didn't think MMO-C would put it up - unless you guys have a shred of belief in it.

there will be at least 3 major content patches between now and next xpack

it's not like cata is released and then nothing happens for 1.5 years

Official or not, it does seem somewhat plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    I think the most interesting thing about Titan is that it's a MMO First Person Shooter (FPS) style of play rather than an MMORPG (role playing game) like WoW is.

I think the interesting thing is that people keep repeating the "MMOFPS" thing even though there's literally no reason at all to think that's the case. Blizzard hasn't said that or hinted at it. This document doesn't say that or hint at it. Where did Boub even get that concept from? If he's got reliable sources on that then it's much bigger news than a projected release date.
    Last edited by Tang; 2010-12-01 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    has blizzard made a console game? yes, was it hugely successful? no

same goes for bungie but other way around.. ofc one might have different definition what successful is^^
    Heard of Rock and roll racing or Lost Viking?

Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    As i remember they didnt talk about expacs, they talked about a shorter time span between content patches
    Unless the plan is to do the same amount of content in smaller, shorter cycles, it's reasonable to assume that also means shorter cycles between expacs. Shorter cycles between expansions means they can sell more expansions over time. By itself, I guess their recent comments could be taken either way, but considering they've already talked in the past about shooting for one expansion per calendar year, 18 months between seems to be a reasonable internal target. IMO, the only reason we didn't see Cataclysm in that time frame is because of the massive old world revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Luph View Post
    I think the "MMOFPS" thing is just rumormongering really. Whatever Blizzard may say about their project, they fully intend for it to wholly replace WoW. Notice how there are no wow expansions slated after #5? The traditional fantasy / rpg elements work best with the MMO genre. Blizzard knows this. WoW wouldn't have nearly the wide-scope appeal it does now if it were something like Halo.

This isn't to say the new MMO won't be something completely new and separate from WoW, I just highly doubt it will leave the RPG genre. Maybe edge out a bit on fantasy but it will probably still be an RPG at its roots. But that's just me.
    They haven't even start on Expansion 4 you expect them to list them all out? To what end of time?
    I seriously doubt they will replace WoW. Just like Starcraft wasn't intend to replace Warcraft.

Assuming we get to another two expansions, I'm throwing my naming in the hat: Using the shorter model (Cataclysm), next is "Emerald Nightmare" then "Sargeras Reborn". Using the prolific title, we'll have "Curse of the Emerald Nightmare" and "Sargeras and the Burning Legion". Either way after those two we're getting "The Fallen Hero, The Final March" and returning to Northrend to deal with the now corrupt Fordragon. Then we see Warcraft IV.

It wouldn't surprise me if it is a true Blizzard document. However, that also does not mean that it's cut in stone and a guarantee. That may well be what Blizzard has roughly estimated as their plan for the future, and any company such as Blizzard will try and roughly chart their future and try to not have too many conflicts as to when their products are coming out. However, as with anything, all of this is subject too change.

I like to use the "WoW plan" map thing that has been thrown around for years. Yeah it's been around and some like to try and quote it as gospel, some say it's fake. I usually fall into the catagory that I'm sure Blizzard made a plan a long time ago as to how they'd like their expansions to come out. And with all the hype that Warcraft has, all the history, Blizzard would need to have a rough plan for the future. But that does not mean that they cannot change the plan to satisfy a their player bases.

It could very well mean that the next expansion is planned for 1.5years from now and gets released 2 years from now. Add that considering we had ICC about 6 months too long, maybe they are pushing up their expansion dates up faster so people won't get as bored as they have been with this one.