View Poll Results: which shall be my main?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Rogue

6 25.00%
  • Death Knight

2 8.33%
  • 1 of 2 Paladins

5 20.83%
  • Mage

3 12.50%
  • Druid

8 33.33%

Make up my mind!

Hi all,

I am a notorious alt+whore and in preparation for Cataclysm, I want to only level and focus on 1 char. Problem is, I'm too undecided. I'm not really fantastic at any roles I choose, since I'm always switching around. So maybe y'all can help me! Vote for one of these, so I can FOCUS!

My choices are as follows:

Mage
    Paladin
    Paladin (Yes I have two, don't ask)
    Death Knight
    Druid
    Rogue
    Once I potentially get enough votes, or cata hits, I will ask y'all to choose my spec(s) too.

PLEASE. HELP. ME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though my mage is my main, Ive recently taken a liking to my rogue, so I went with that

Hey Sandos, grats on your first post! My suggestion would be to some dice, assign one class to each side, and roll for it!

Do what class and spec you will get most out of in cata. Do what you enjoy most thats allways my answer =)
    Sarah yells: I am the lucid dream
    Sarah yells: The monster in your nightmares
    Sarah yells: The fiend of a thousand faces
    Sarah yells: Cower before my true form
    Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH

Deleted
    Depends on what role you want to play really...for dps I love my rogue, mages are fun too but for me it's my Rogue every time. If you want to tank then don't ask me, I don't do it. And if you want to heal then I'd personally say priest but you don't have one of those so druid. But that's me personally. You really need to find where you fit best in a team, what role you want to play, and then decide which class best suits you. If you want a mix i.e. dps and healer then you'd have to look at pally or druid and have duel spec. To be honest though we can't decide for you because we can only go on what we enjoy the most. You really need to find a class that YOU enjoy playing the most and try sticking with that. Good luck though.

Having 2 Paladins much mean it's a class you go back to often. So Paladin.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why 2 paladins

10+ Year Old Account
    Go fire mage, they're getting lots of love in Cata

I would go with the druid.
    I've always loved the versatilty of the class as they can be a tank/melee dps/ranged dps/ and a healer.
    Playing 2's is like shooting yourself in the kneecaps and wondering why it hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    straight up an honest here. If you can't decide now, you won't care what others will tell you and you'll play on a whim. I know this from expereince.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ore-posting%29

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:

* Which race should I roll?
    * Which faction is better for me?
    * Which is the best PvE/PvP/... realm?
    * Looking for RAF partner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Maybe decide on some reasonable level limit to play one upto.
    Perhaps say level 30 or something, by which point you should have a good idea if not sooner if a class is something you can stick with.
    Your own playstyle and how you get on with any given class will determine that better than any suggestions we can make.

Anything but mage on that list IMO. I have nothing against them I guess but I think they are going to be the most-played class in Cata, since you are impartial, it makes sense to me to not be the overpopulated class.

15+ Year Old Account
    My pick actually goes like this.

-If you play Alliance, I vote paladin or druid.
    -If you play Horde, I vote you quit WoW.

That is all. Thank you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

That is all. Thank you.
    I vote you quit WoW for being a fanboy

That is all. Thank you.

Seriously, did you have to try to start a flamewar?

This is a pretty subjective question. I think you should choose the class you enjoy playing the most, melee DPS, ranged DPS, tank and/or healer, whatever it may be. I'm kind of in limbo with the class I want to stick with for Cataclysm but I have narrowed it down to Rogue or Shaman. I have a feeling I am going to stick with the Rogue simply because I want to solely DPS plus I like to PVP and I find the element of surprise fun.

However, if you're making your decision based completely on the votes you receive in this thread, I will go ahead and throw my vote in for Rogue.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

That is all. Thank you.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    I vote you quit WoW for being a fanboy

That is all. Thank you.

Seriously, did you have to try to start a flamewar?
    There was no flaming until you started. It was a joke. You know, humor. Let it go sometimes. EDIT: I realise you may be trying to be funny too, just "fanboy".. it cuts.. deep, man!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    Voted: Mage.
    Why? 3 Button Spec. Excellent CC and Utility. Get out of Jail Iceblocks and Get out of Fire Blinks - not to mention Heroism/Bloodlust, Decurse and Slowfall ability along with crazy damage output. Can't really go wrong with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone needs to read the rules.. there are so many of these threads every week..