Question December 8th and servers shutdown in Europe

Cata realesed 7th but it is Tuesday. What about Wednesday`s European servers shutdown? Will we have some time to rest while leveling?

I hope we can rest few hours ) No mercy for players! )))

As wg15 said, there is no plan for server downtime during Cataclysm's launch. It is designed so that the transition is simply a flip of a switch done behind the scenes and you will be able to enter the Cataclysm zones if you have already upgraded your account.

For this reason it is strongly suggested that you log in 2-3 hours before Cataclysm launches in your time zone, because the closer to launch it gets, the more likely it will be for you to encounter a queue. And I doubt many people are going to be wanting to log off any time soon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say nothing more than a restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthslider View Post
    I hope we can rest few hours ) No mercy for players! )))
    You can rest on your own if you really need it... o_O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki View Post
    As wg15 said, there is no plan for server downtime during Cataclysm's launch. It is designed so that the transition is simply a flip of a switch done behind the scenes and you will be able to enter the Cataclysm zones if you have already upgraded your account.

For this reason it is strongly suggested that you log in 2-3 hours before Cataclysm launches in your time zone, because the closer to launch it gets, the more likely it will be for you to encounter a queue. And I doubt many people are going to be wanting to log off any time soon
    Maybe it's the sleep deprived me, but Darthslider was talking about the wednesday's scheduled maintenance (8th december), not the actual Cata launch (7th december 00:01).

As for the matter, I think they might throw in a maintenance, unless they change something up. I wonder if US will get their maintenance on Tuesday's night several hours after launch o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Killaim View Post
    Maybe it's the sleep deprived me, but Darthslider was talking about the wednesday's scheduled maintenance (8th december), not the actual Cata launch (7th december 00:01).

As for the matter, I think they might throw in a maintenance, unless they change something up. I wonder if US will get their maintenance on Tuesday's night several hours after launch o_O
    Exactly! i`m asking about sheduled maintenance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki View Post

Just curious, what good does log in 2-3 hours before Cataclysm launches do? I thought once the server restarts, you will be back at your login screen anyways. Or does logging in early do something for you requeue'ing wise

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    No, really. They never did an server shutdown and mainteneance after X-pac releases, that´s why they have been 8 hours this week instead of maybe 2. They prepare for two weeks
    ^ this , also keep in mind they don't have to do a maintenance every week. I recall several times throughout wrath the my server never went down for the the weekly maintenance or got a restart. I'm normally playing that late ( or early depending how you look at it :P ) and the server shutdown is my notice to go to bed ^^ ... needless to say I didnt get much sleep.