Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Let me ask a simple question, how exactly do I "Screenshot" a hacker. It's somewhat impossible to screenshot someone who's instantly flying onto your flag in WSG, picking it up and then teleporting back instantly to there base capping the flag. The people doing this are near impossible to see let alone screenshot as you see them for roughly 0.5s and I'm sorry but that's not enough time for me to relocate my fingers to the Print Sceen button.

You want a video?, sure I could provide a Youtube video URL and then get banned shortly after here. Do me a favor head on over to youtube and search for "World of Warcraft teleport hacks" you'll find roughly 337 videos. Of those results the first 2 are videos of what people are currently doing in retail. Warden is old technology that people have learned to bypass over the years, in reality it's time for Blizzard to start creating a new means of Catching, Preventing and Punishing people that are doing these sorts of things.

I'm sure some people if they played Team Fortress 2 will remember me, I'm the Kid, Guy, Man, Boy that posted just about every single exploit relating to Death Rockets, Spectator Bug, Rcon "Hack". So it's not like I'm untrustworthy I've learned from my mistakes and generally posting any sort of "Hack" or a video of a "Hacking" program is grounds for being banned so rather then doing that I'm leaving it up for you the community to either accept that there are indeed "hack's" and exploits in World of Warcraft or to bash me.

It's your choice, Accept or Bash.

PS: Not like I only posted this here
    Last edited by ThewF; 2010-12-01 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is fake, it is most certainly a "troll" post. Starting a thread that says the sky is falling and hackers are running rampant in a game that has a near spotless record for not getting hacked, is more than likely the worst kind of trolling. It is one of those things that is no just a "youmadbro?" it is potentially harmful to the game.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ThewF View Post
    Let me ask a simple question, how exactly do I "Screenshot" a hacker. It's somewhat impossible to screenshot someone who's instantly flying onto your flag in WSG, picking it up and then teleporting back instantly to there base capping the flag. The people doing this are near impossible to see let alone screenshot as you see them for roughly 0.5s and I'm sorry but that's not enough time for me to relocate my fingers to the Print Sceen button.

You want a video?, sure I could provide a Youtube video URL and then get banned shortly after here. Do me a favor head on over to youtube and search for "World of Warcraft teleport hacks" you'll find roughly 337 videos. Of those results the first 2 are videos of what people are currently doing in retail. Warden is old technology that people have learned to bypass over the years, in reality it's time for Blizzard to start creating a new means of Catching, Preventing and Punishing people that are doing these sorts of things.

I'm sure some people if they played Team Fortress 2 will remember me, I'm the Kid, Guy, Man, Boy that posted just about every single exploit relating to Death Rockets, Spectator Bug, Rcon "Hack". So it's not like I'm untrustworthy I've learned from my mistakes and generally posting any sort of "Hack" or a video of a "Hacking" program is grounds for being banned so rather then doing that I'm leaving it up for you the community to either accept that there are indeed "hack's" and exploits in World of Warcraft or to bash me.

Easy solution, use time stamps. If they are doing this in BGs have someone in your flag room and theirs, if the time stamps from being across the field are impossible, it would verify your claims.

This is the issue with people who play a game they become to loyal. If I call out an issue with the game I'm a Troll. Deal with it, the issue is real. I will not provide videos to keep my account ban free here on MMO-Champion. Here's an example of a ticket I sent last night reporting a "Hacker" (he was instantly teleporting from one side of WSG to the other and we lost the game in around 2 minutes).

Teleport Hacker

So the hacks this player is using I can only describe as Teleport hacks, he goes by the name "Snoopie" and he's a rogue. Basically he picks up our flag. Caps it in 3s, returns to our base instantly and repeats.

I'm sure you have some sort of logging system to confirm this. He was also floating as he was teleporting from one side of the map to the other making him impossible to hit. I am reporting this on an alternative character as I already have a ticket opened on Fire.

That's the ticket I have open currently, and I probably will have it open for another 3 - 4 days.
    Last edited by ThewF; 2010-12-01 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThewF View Post

Sooo u posted it on the bug forums, gg thats what your supposed to do. And i mean your only posting your opinion on this forum from what "you" experienced. How is this in any way beneficial to the community on mmo-champ.

After reading the other thread that, I'm guessing you posted since it's almost verbatim of what is posted here, it seems your extremely angry over this matter in not getting an instant response. Sure hackers hack, it happens and there is no sure fire way to stop it. And there is a new patch that has had a ton of bugs and i'm sure the amount of tickets in to gm's on servers is crazy atm because of that. Gm's aren't there for your sole use at the drop of a dime. They are there for the community on wow.
    Last edited by bloodforsilence; 2010-12-01 at 03:49 PM.

Drawing light to the issues and making people more aware to the fact that Hack's exist in World of Warcraft makes people more aware of the problem thus creates A) Community support (Email's do wonders) and B) Gives people at least some sort of ability to detect that the person named "lolhaxu" who is flying around and junk is actually hacking and that they should ticket them.

Ask the Diablo 2 community, people complained about Maphacks in that game for years, after Blizzard finally listened to players they enabled Warden's "Ban Phase" and banned about 50% of it's population for using things like D2Loader, Mousepads Maphack, C3P0, etc.

PS: Directed to "bloodforsilence" - There was no place I could really post the topic, the Bug Forum was the closest to the subject at hand as I consider it a bug when someone is able to directly defy the laws of Azeroth gravity.

PPS: I have shared my experiences and I'm done here, if you wish to continue the topic feel free but I'm going to continue my topic elsewhere as people are only replying here to either call me a Troll or to try and Discredit my claims for some unknown reason. (Most likely through Email support with Videos, Names and other information included).
    Last edited by ThewF; 2010-12-01 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Sorry to say, but screen shot or it did not happen. It is the way of the internet. Now if you produces a screen or fraps, we can sympathize you and join your anti hacking crusade, but until we know it is real we must ask for proof.
    I concur

It's a bug, if i ran into i wouldn't need to search for a thread informing me of what i should do about said person. I'd report it if i felt like it, other then that life goes on and sooner or later the "hacker" will get his/her wings clipped. In all honesty I've only ever seen bots and exploiters in game. So i really don't think it's that big of an influx of "hackers" and i bg a good amount on my toons.

I've not seen anyone hacking flying. I know that flying mounts for professions can now be used as land mounts, but that's all I witnessed.

I still had this page open, time for one last reply.

@bloodforsilence - This is not a bug, this is a "Hack". Flying, Speed and Teleport hacks are common in every BG below level 80. I have only witnessed two people using these "Hacks" in the 80's bracket.

Continuing my work in my email. Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally never seen hacking done on live , but i know few of my brothers friends doing it.... doing explore kalimdor and easter kindom in 15 mins , yeh sure >< nearly beliaving
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

Deleted

Hakkars gonna hak

10+ Year Old Account
    See as we near the second page of this post, I have come to the conclusion that your claim has little to no validity. You defend an empty claim and not only do you not have proof, but you are refusing to get proof on the pride of your word. Most with this claim would be like "okay I don't have a screenshot or vid, but I will try to obtain one." You on the otherhand are flat out refusing to supply proof.

One of the things that makes these forums so popular and valuable is this: Most anything said here claiming to supply info of any kind, is based on hard evidence, whether it be numbers, screen shots, ect... or they are discarded. That is what we have come to expect, so if you feel that your are better than everyone here, that you are a unique little snowflake and that we should just take your word with no backing. You have obviously come to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    your claim has little to no validity.
    Shall I send you some of the tools that these people are using?
    Also, dear OP, these are not "hacks", they are just using tricks.

Fly-, Teleport- and other Tools are real, no ficition.

...I've seen what he's talking about, but only in stormwind and once in goldshire. I've never seen these tools used in BG's, but then again - they broke disc priest pvp viability with 4.0.1 so i havent played as much pvp lately (dispel resistance pls?)

I've seen ppl teleport up into the sky then fall to their doom - it's how spambots plague stormwind with massive amounts of new toons spelling out a web address as they lay down. Some of those bots use glitches/tricks to make them go flying into the sky and then land to their death, whereas other bots simply run into stormwind and lay down to spell out the message. Also, I've seen 50+ lvl1 bots hovering (not levitating) high up in the air as well, this used to be common but theyre pretty rare now.

I've only seen 1 actual person using the teleport glitch, he was roaming around goldshire zapping back and forth violently, almost like he was massively lagging but the trick allowed him to be basically anywhere at once.

I'm sad to see so many ppl yelling at the poster and acting like kids...Of course, this game is filled with 12 year olds so these forums aren't going to have the brightest minds available. Dont worry OP, the kids saying "qq thread bleh this is detrimental to the game bleh bleh" are seriously lacking in the perception department.
    Last edited by buttheal; 2010-12-01 at 04:29 PM. Reason: reworded "hacks", too overused.

Deleted
    There are some "tools" to do things like this...
    Teleport hacks are very detectable server side, they work by teleporting you to a specific location by coordinates. The problem is that the server can detect the huge distance travelled, which could jeopardise your World of Warcraft account.
    WoW Telehacks:

The difference between a teleport hack and telehack? A telehack simply teleports you over small distances which are predefined (ie. Are already recorded), whereas a teleport hack will transport you to wherever you want to go in World of Warcraft by inputting the coordinates. Telehacks are a lot less detectable and can be found in Syndrome or PMGFusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually I've noticed a decrease, every servers different though. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    thought they removed hakkars with zul gurub? snarf snigger
    I lol'd. Real loud. Thank you for making my day.

I've actually noticed the floating orcs in org are gone. Dunno if Blizzard finally managed to stop them or if they gave up, but either way, I'm glad they're gone!

Deleted
    Why is it so hard for people on this thread to believe there are hackers out there in WoW who are cheating in Bgs?
    I've seen it several times already,and I'm a casual player.
    Why should the OP provide proof,and even more important how can you honestly expect someone to have proof of a teleport hack,seriously it's not that hard to think in a logical way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buttheal View Post
    I'm sad to see so many ppl yelling at the poster and acting like kids...Of course, this game is filled with 12 year olds so these forums aren't going to have the brightest minds available. Dont worry OP, the kids saying "qq thread bleh this is detrimental to the game bleh bleh" are seriously lacking in the perception department.
    I'm not yelling at the OP for posting this, I'm simply asking the OP to supply proof. Is it really that absurd to ask for proof for something like this?

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Why is it so hard for people on this thread to believe there are hackers out there in WoW who are cheating in Bgs?
    I've seen it several times already,and I'm a casual player.
    Why should the OP provide proof,and even more important how can you honestly expect someone to have proof of a teleport hack,seriously it's not that hard to think in a logical way.
    This is a community that likes fact. Not just random unsupported claims. And Really If you want to report a hack report it via blizzard. If you want to report it here, make sure you have your proof. Simple as that.

As you seeing a teleport hacks, Fraps works wonders, so do time stamps on events. The way I see it, the OP is eager enough to posted this but just lazy enough to back up the post. Sounds like "trolling" to me.