Thread: New Brackets!

Deleted

New Brackets!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The uneasy armistice between the Horde and Alliance is steadily cracking beneath the strain of Deathwing's devastating return and the Shattering of Azeroth, heralding a new era of bloody conflict.

The clash between the factions has also never been so hotly contested: Battleground brackets now match up teams more evenly. The new brackets span five levels each, except the final bracket composed of level 85 players:

10-14 30-34 50-54 70-74

15-19 35-39 55-59 75-79

20-24 40-44 60-64 80-84

25-29 45-49 65-69 85

Fighters can also join the battle in Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, and Alterac Valley at an earlier level than ever before:

Level 10 - Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch

Level 35 - Eye of the Storm

Level 45 - Alterac Valley

Level 65 - Strand of the Ancients

Level 75 - Isle of Conquest

Level 85 - Battle for Gilneas and Twin Peaks

These changes should offer players a more consistently competitive experience in the Battlegrounds as their characters level, as well as provide for more exciting PvP conflict than ever before. Are you eager to try 35-39 Eye of the Storm? How about 45-49 Alterac Valley? Perhaps you'd like to cut your teeth on a 10-14 Arathi Basin.

Let us know what you think in the comments!
    I think this is absolutely fantastic! It give's players a fairer chance when fighting, rather than 19 twinks owning a level 10, they will be up against a level 15! It might not matter much in lower bracket's, but it definitely matter's 50+.
    Well done Blizzard, well done
    Last edited by mmocc9f100db02; 2010-12-01 at 05:03 AM.

already implemented? or after dec 7?
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is already implemented cause i noticed on my gnome priest while leveling ab as wsg was available at level 10

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is great! Blizz is really doing an awesome job this expac

Nice one, but does this mean longer queues and / or more battleground downtime? Hopefully the removal of battlegroups remedies the former.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Nice one, but does this mean longer queues and / or more battleground downtime? Hopefully the removal of battlegroups remedies the former.
    Yeah, I think they timed this AFTER the Battlegroup merge completed for exactly that reason!

They likely thought the queue times would be too high to do 5 level brackets before now, but now, they have the room to do that because they have the player base of an entire continent in one group.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    long awaited fix
    well done

This is awesome. Can have fun at 13 without getting stomped by 19s, making bg leveling even more convenient

This sounds extremely nice, does anyone know exactly when this was implemented or if it has been implemented at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Deleted
    Sounds cool!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirie View Post
    This sounds extremely nice, does anyone know exactly when this was implemented or if it has been implemented at all?
    I noticed this yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK when it was implemented but it is nice for leveling purposes for sure! Now I get extra honor/xp for my lowbies in EotS.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is great. I always thought it'd be nice to have battlegrounds be a little more even, so you don't automatically lose because the people on your team are six levels lower than the other one. Really nice to see this being implemented.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Doesn't this mean there are brackets doing AB.. before they have mounts? I can't even imagine that level of pain.

WE'RE ATTACKING STABLES, EVERYONE BRING A LUNCH

Quote Originally Posted by Drakks View Post
    Doesn't this mean there are brackets doing AB.. before they have mounts? I can't even imagine that level of pain.

WE'RE ATTACKING STABLES, EVERYONE BRING A LUNCH
    lol, new to the game or something? "back in the day" mounts were available at level 40...not 20. this is nothing new...
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

^
    this lol

Deleted
    I dunno what happened to Blizzard's crew recently, but something really has and it was for the best =))

Cata and pre-Cata changes all make me a happy player =)

This is pretty sweet! No more negative Nancys at the beginning of BGs complaining of everyone being to low leveled.

The best part about this for me is definitely AB at level 19. Finally, my twinks get a little change of scenery. Plus it will give the 19 bracket more to strategize about, rather than the constantly flag carrying.