Best Cata Raid Professions?

WotLK the best professions we could have was jewel crafting and black smithing for the top end raiding guilds. I'm still torn on Cata, what exactly will be the best two professions for top end raiding. I'm currently a JC/Scribe and I wouldnt think twice about dropping JC for herbalism if it turns out to be more viable. Anyways, what does everyone forsee as being the 2 most viable professions for end game raiding in Cata?

JC/Engineering or Enchanting/Engineering

I would say it depends on your class and spec.

I will be rocking Alchemy AND engineering once my main (shaman going goblin) and gathereralt gets to 85.

I totally see the worth of bs as a raidingprof, but i refuse to get a profession i dont have any "real" use for. sockets yes, but all kinds of metal-crap dont really cut it for my shammy.

Deleted
    Prolly JC/Engi yeah.. Hopefully nitro boosts get "fixed".

Deleted
    JC / Engi was, for most classes, 'the' way to go. Blacksmithing was found to be less attractive due to the diversity engineering could offer. The way it looks, although everyone says Engineering, BS will probably be the way to go. Why? Because, at this moment, engineering has a high chance of death (rocket boots + the absorb shield), which is simply unacceptable in a raid environment (120% damage over 8 seconds + thrown into air). On top of that, the only actual gain you have now is the haste enchant on gloves, which is not as strong as the 2 extra gemslots blacksmithing can give you. At the moment (this might change too) the gear thingies, similar to gems, can only be used in the engineering headslots. As we know from previous experiences, these will be trumped by the following tier, 11, making that bonus useless. On top of that, these are secondary stats, not primary, which makes them an even worse choice.

At this moment, as I hope this will all change, I would personally go for JC + BS, dependant on your class. I read that engineering was still the best for casters due to an int boost, but I know that BS (or even leatherworking!) wins for DK's. JC is still solid.

*Apparently its LW+JC for DK's atm, BS being third. Engineering is on par with Herba (haste) now
    Last edited by mmocfd0f55852f; 2010-12-01 at 12:09 PM.

Im going alchemy/Engi on my main, shes already an alchemist and Ill just work on getting engineering up.

Deleted
    As it seems majority will go Engi. Truly those Bio Optic Killshades with the cogs put in will rock. Also the gloves stuff is very nice from pve perspective.
    Second profesion is still not decided, but im thinkg either about tailoring or inscription. I will be a caster so all those 3 will fit me pretty well.

It's probably going to be JC + whatever other profession that is awesome, like BS or Engi.

Though, for my Shaman, I'm sticking with Alch/Herb for good ol' time's sake.

engi has gotten way too good, seeing as how many people are going for it. hmmm... who sees the nerfbat comming? 8>

Deleted
    I would assume JC + 'X', because improved gems are always gonna provide a significant increase.

JC + engi i think it's the best combo.
    Engi give your belt and gloves a incredible utility:
    Grounded Plasma Shield for tank
    Synapse Springs and Z50 Mana Gulper for caster/healer
    Tazik Shocker for dps
    And also you can craft some unique trinket and gun plus the epic head at level 81