Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

How the freak do you get from Darnassus to Darkshore now?

If you're off the islands and don't have any FPs on Exodar or Darnassus, how do you get back on them?

12/10/10 EDIT: Rephrasing for clarity.
    How does it work now? I see three docks with boats in Rut'Theran Village, one goes to The Exodar, one to Stormwind, and one just sits there with no NPCs on it.
    I already had the FP to Auberdine from pre-Cataclysm which takes me to Lor'danel now. Is that FP the only way -- or am I missing something?
    EDIT: Even if I took the boat to the Exodar, that's the only boat there and I don't know how to get from Azuremyst Isle to Darkshore.
    Last edited by Valore; 2010-12-11 at 07:43 AM.
    Valore - 85 Paladin - Bonechewer
    Spirik - 85 Shaman - Bonechewer

i couldn't find any boat for my new alt either.. ended up taking boat to SW and continued there..

Auberdine was blown up in the Cataclysm. Lor'danel is the main questing hub.

I believe it's broken, I know horde who had to get to Darnassus for the Pilgrims Bounty achieve and I believe they said they swam...

I told them they were stupid and that the boat wasn't in the same place obv, and they insisted they were in the right place and that it just wasn't working. It could just be they were bad, which is highly more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    He didn't ask how to get to Auberdine, he asked how to get to Darkshore. Your comment is not helpful.

Wowpedia sayeth the following:

Despite its coastal location, the town has no dock; instead, it is connected to Rut'theran Village by an automatically learned flight path.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    that's not the question here.. rut'theran have 3 dock for ship, 1 with not-moving dummy ship, 1 to SW and 1 to azuremyst. nothing to darkshore side..

Quote Originally Posted by heartlexx View Post
    that's not the question here.. rut'theran have 3 dock for ship, 1 with not-moving dummy ship, 1 to SW and 1 to azuremyst. nothing to darkshore side..
    Except the original poster said he has the fp to Lor'danel, and clearly just must not have realized that was the new auberdine, and the way to get to darkshore.

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    He didn't ask how to get to Auberdine, he asked how to get to Darkshore. Your comment is not helpful.

Wowpedia sayeth the following:

Despite its coastal location, the town has no dock; instead, it is connected to Rut'theran Village by an automatically learned flight path.
    haven't try from darkshore side but i didn't seem to get the auto FP from rut'theran side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithe View Post
    Except the original poster said he has the fp to Lor'danel, and clearly just must not have realized that was the new auberdine, and the way to get to darkshore.
    Right, but the old method of getting to Darkshore was via boat, and with docks down at the village and boats still coming and going, I can see where the confusion comes from. There's no indication that you automatically know the flight point to Darkshore. There should probably be a quest to go see the flight master and then a clicky text option that says 'hey dude they told me you could send me to darkshore, help a brother out!'

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let me explain a little more..

I'm actually trying to figure it out for my friend who made a Dranei and crossed into Darkshore before the cataclysm happened.

Now when he checks the Flight Master, there's no option to fly to Exodar, Darnassus, Rut'Theran, or anywhere on Teldrassil or Azuremyst Isle.

Well there is no more boat to go from Teldrassil/Exodar to the main continent of Kalimdor.

Young draenei and elves have a quest that give them the flight path to go to Lor'Danel.
    For Horde:
    -Wait for Cat and fly there
    -Swim
    -Take the boat in SW

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terranor View Post
    Well there is no more boat to go from Teldrassil/Exodar to the main continent of Kalimdor.

Young draenei and elves have a quest that give them the flight path to go to Lor'Danel.
    Soo... how does he get back to do the quest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiyaa View Post
    Soo... how does he get back to do the quest?
    I beleive since there is now a flight path you wont get fatigue, so you can swim over. or else you'd get fatigued while on the flight path. I may be wrong though. :O

"I would die to win, But I am born to lose."

Quote Originally Posted by Terranor View Post

For Horde:
    -Wait for Cat and fly there
    -Swim
    -Take the boat in SW
    Tried to get explorer a couple of days ago, swimming is not fast enough, had to go with Elixir of Water Walking+Mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a flightpath every character has.
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammellaar View Post
    It's a flightpath every character has.
    Hmm, why can't he see it when he checks Flight Masters then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiyaa View Post
    Hmm, why can't he see it when he checks Flight Masters then?
    Magic? I got no clue, when I got there on my new NE alt. I had the FP without ever being in Darkshore before.
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Mempha View Post
    I beleive since there is now a flight path you wont get fatigue, so you can swim over. or else you'd get fatigued while on the flight path. I may be wrong though. :O
    Tried that, you have to die 3 times to fatigue before you cross it.

I'm thinking this is a temporary thing.. I've also read of a quest in Orgrimmar telling you to take the boat from Ratchet to Gadgetzan... yet, there is no boat..?

I have the idea that with the introduction of Cata a few more constructionworks on Orgrimmar, and addition of some boats will be activated.. I'm also thinking of the Docks at the back of Badlands, Alliance Blasted lands, and the Goblin dock outside Orgrimmar which might lead to Bilgewater in Ashzara?
    I haven't been in Beta.. but I can think that some of these boats don't need testing.. and that this is maybe the reason that the shattering was 2 weeks before the actual Cata release.. WotLK and TBC were also only opened up on the date of release.

I didn't have it on my draenai before I actually went into darnassus and got that flightpath. So maybe you need to have that one too? I didn't do any quests or anything.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telak View Post
    I didn't have it on my draenai before I actually went into darnassus and got that flightpath. So maybe you need to have that one too? I didn't do any quests or anything.
    How did you get to Darnassus?

I still haven't figured this out.