Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    UNTIL THE EVERY VILLAIN IS SLAIN

or till i get bored

I'll play until I find something better. I'll probably try SWTOR, and I've looked at other games, but nothing seems to hold my interest as much as WoW has. I'll probably do what other people do, and take a few breaks here and there, cut back on time played, etc., but not outright quit unless it becomes simply unplayable.

There's a lot of do in game, depending on what you are in the mode for, which is why the game has as many players as it does.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

I quit months back after killing LK - but all the changes made me came back.

I've also switched to tanking which I've never done, so it makes the whole game seem totally new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take breaks constantly with this game, but I will continue to come back until Blizzard quits offering the service to play the game. That or I get very very sick and tired of it.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be here till the day Blizzard shuts all the servers down and WoW becomes officially dead. then I'll just go to their next MMO
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Deleted
    I'll play until I stop enjoying playing the game. Not gonna happen anytime soon though, been having fun playing the game since it came out pretty much. Had some on and off time, but never quitted for good, and dont see that happening as long as the game gets updated with new content

I think its strange for people to know the answer for this off the top of their head like "Cata will be my last expansion I get for WoW" , etc.

I know to me the game serves as entertainment....so my answer is one of two things --- 1) The game is no longer fun (doesn't matter if that's during cata or 2 more expansions down the road)...when the game no longer fills the role of being entertaining to me...that's when I'll stop playing for good.

2) Or something else (wheter that's another game or some other new hobby) comes around that sparks my interest more than WoW does...

That's about it.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Salicylic View Post
    my life for, i'm 21 soon to graduate and i have GF thats getting really serious so i have a life to get ready and get it going so i'm going to have to stop playing and get my shit strait and maybe come back BUT i feel like there could be better stuff out there later on in life then wow
    People like you who throw away hobbies and other things because you feel you cant have them with a marriage or career are the people who end up divorced and have a midlife crisis because you THINK that marriage and your career took away your happiness, when it was your choice to take it away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may give Cataclysm a chance, but I'll probably won't play WoW on further than Cata.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

most likely til the end of cata
    ive been playing for 5yrs now and cant see my self getting through another xpac after cata

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be here till Blizzard pulls the plug.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Till the end or till life gets overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Xathian View Post
    People like you who throw away hobbies and other things because you feel you cant have them with a marriage or career are the people who end up divorced and have a midlife crisis because you THINK that marriage and your career took away your happiness, when it was your choice to take it away.
    That's not really true!!! Maybe for him is the time to move on......I know many people who have families and still play, I know people who have gotten married and still play, and I know that sometimes life comes before a game!!! If he thinks WoW needs to be thrown on the back burner the it's his choice and who's to say he will have a midlife crisis or even get divorced......for all you know he might be happy the rest of his life and doesn't regret living WoW!!! It might be you who gets divorce and have a midlife crisis because you continue to waste time on a game, instead of life!!! I don't think some one leaving WoW because he decides it's time to get more serious with his life and maybe get married, etc......is making a bad choice, no one sees themselves playing forever!!! Myself, I play on living when I feel the time is right!!! Might be in a year or next month......I have other things I can continue doing, such my model railroading......also just thought he didn't say he didn't have other hobbies!!!

I'm not much of an FPS guy, so I'll be playing WoW as long as its around. And if they ever do make a WoW2, I'll play that too.

15+ Year Old Account
    i doubt i'll be playing cata when Deathwing comes out i reckon i'll stop playing at the end of next year, so i can actually live for a change, but honestly seeing all the changes in cataclysm it may be easier for me then i thought. i play this for the friends i have made and have played with for years, and they are all slowly quitting, and i'll be gone as well, the Game Lore, was never something i started liking but after reading and seeing a lot it's an important aspect of the game, and blizzard are rapidly running out, before that i'll be gone.

something that worries me a bit is how so many people in this thread has such unwaivering faith in Blizzard's intentions for the game and what not. Cataclysm will be the last good expansion before Activision start screwing around with the game and therefore trying to milk the game after their cod series fails miserably.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Yeah, I take extended breaks too. Stopped playing for 3 months at the start of TBC, and like 16 months during LK, and I have a lot of friends who do the same, so it works out well. I do other stuff for a bit, then play some wow.

Only real reasons I wouldn't ever come back, is none of my friends are interested, there is another MMO that is better (has to be an MMO, since I play the other games I want to anyway), or I get rich enough to do whatever the hell I want :P

I have quit multiple times already to play other MMO's. But they all have sucked and died. WoW however, remains constant....

When WoW 2 launches, when the servers shut down, or when im dead.

It could be any of the three.

I feel like I've already wasted too much of my life to quit now! :P