Thread: Nerf question.

Talking Nerf question.

Hi all, this is not a QQing thread about the nerf. Before the nerf i pulled 15k dps on saurfang 10m and Tonight i raided the first time since the nerf with the same group as always and only barely pulled 9k? Pre nerf i pulled 10k on a dummy. Is there something i am doing wrong since the patch? Or is it just its not tuned for 80? Im destruction btw. Thanks looking for some answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could've just been RNG messing with you

I'd like to think of it that way but i doubt it would've done it all 10/12 bosses i did tonight :/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    not to be rude or anything, but if you only do 9k dps with 258 average item level, you're doing something awfully wrong with your rotation, seeing how this is regarding saurfang, where movement is not an issue.

There are obviously certain "things" you can do to maximize your dps on saurfang as a lock.
    1. pop soulburn 13sec before the fight starts and use soul harvest to get 3 souls again, so you can get an instant soul fire while still having 3 shards left for the rest of the fight.
    2. Pop a portion of wild magic 1sec before the fight.
    3. cast 1 soul fire so the spell hits saufrang when he's on 80, 1% to get 15% haste.
    4. use your first shard, this macro, /cast Soulburn /cast Soul Fire on the first group of adds that spawn, to get 15% haste yet again.
    5. keep using shards on the adds unless you got BL / Hero up (depends on your guild).
    6. pop another potion of wild magic during BL / Hero.

Unless you're already doing this, these hints will greatly improve your dps. you should also use @pet_target macros.

The most important thing however is to use the right rotation. 15k dps prior to 12% nerf you were doing something wrong even then, and yes I've checked your gear. I won't post the rotation here, seeing how elitist jerks should have some posts about it.

No pun intended,
    Last edited by Purely; 2010-12-01 at 09:13 AM.

Yeah something is wrong, I only have a slightly higher average item level then that, and I am pulling over 16k on our average heroic LK attempts, although that is 25 man with all the buffs. Are you keeping up improved soul fire? It now doesn't have a health % requirement. Are you keeping up bane of doom and corruption? Are you cliping immolate at the last tick? Replaced your meta? Using your guardian pet during bloodlust? Make sure to at least immolate both beasts. Reforged for mastery?, Or haste if you can reach an immolate threshold?. As for shadow burning the adds, on a fight without any movement like saurfang the dps gain is pretty minimal since shadow burn will be a dps loss. Also, why don't you have netherward in your spec, and WHY are gemmed for all haste? Even though it is meeting the immolate threshold, the loss of intellect is probably a huge dps loss, I say probably because I haven't actually ran the numbers yet. 81 spell power is still superior to black magic for destro, and why do you use that terrible staff? Not only that, but even if the haste was better, your not even taking advantage of several socket bonuses you could be taking advantage of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejoro View Post
    Hi all, this is not a QQing thread about the nerf. Before the nerf i pulled 15k dps on saurfang 10m and Tonight i raided the first time since the nerf with the same group as always and only barely pulled 9k? Pre nerf i pulled 10k on a dummy. Is there something i am doing wrong since the patch? Or is it just its not tuned for 80? Im destruction btw. Thanks looking for some answers.
    15k --> 9k sounds like your imp was on passive the entire night.

R.I.P. YARG

It would be nice to see some WoL so we can see what you actually did/are doing.