Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
Why is the rotation/abilites/CD's etc fun?

Why choose a DK over another tank class?

How does a DK tank benefit a raid over other tanks? (yes my insight into DK's post 4.01 is non-existent, nothing personal!

Is it fun/hard/frustrating/easy or whatever other description you can use, to learn?

And last, Is it fun to DPS as a DK?
The rotation isn't very strict with the addition of Death Runes, so each pull will be similar... but different almost every time because we are based on a priority system. As for abilities/cooldowns, DK's have the largest toolbox of all tanking classes for cooldowns, and abilities like Death Grip, and the soon to be added Dark Simulacrum will also make things more interesting.

Part of the reason I would choose a DK over another tank class is what I mentioned above, having a lot of tricks up our sleeve.. giving us good versatility for almost every encounter, especially ones with heavy magical damage. We can also bring the equivalent of a warrior shout/shammy totem with our Horn of Winter, as well as +10% attack power if you spec into Abomination's Might... all depends on your raid composition.

Learning to tank with a DK is pretty easy... the best part I'd say is being able to start with a good chunk of your abilities (Death-n-Decay!) right out of the gate (~lvl 60) so you don't have to wait too long to get a good feel for it. That way you don't waste ur time leveling up to get ur core abilities just to find out u don't like it all that much later. Hellfire Ramps is a great place to learn, it's pretty forgiving for a new tank.

I haven't personally Dps'ed much since 4.0.1 patch, but a lot of people seem to be having fun with Lolblast (Howling Blast) as a Frost DK and Unholy has its perks too (especially if u like havin a pet to control), both doing competitive dps.