Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Fear lasted too long pre-nerf for locks because they could set up all their burst (demo) or heal up considerably (Aff).

Fear for Spriests should be used 8/10 times on another target rather than the one your attacking. If your that desperate, time it mid cast as an additional interrupt.

Oh and for the guy that suggested Mind Spike for some odd reason... It is singlehandedly the most useless ability handed to a class/spec for this expansion. With the changes to mastery and the wiping of DoTs, it serves absolutely no purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Mind Spike suggestion wasn't [I]completely[I] off topic as it does sorta solve the problem with dot ticks and trying to fear someone, but you're right in that it hasn't lived up to what players were hoping for, but we didn't roll mages/locks so we'll always be half-liked =p

As far as Psychic Scream comments about priests not thinking it was op... yes the cooldown was long, but the ability to really get dots on and nuke a target without remorse and then use Psychic Horror if they trinketed it was quite overpowered (again when glyphed for a 60s cd). Not to say I won't miss doing that, but I can only stand so much of being the first target in a bg purely because the class can be deadly when left alone.

I'm not happy about it, but being able to run in, fear, dot up, silence, burn, Psycic Horror a caster was pretty OP. I will miss the feeling of being OP when it really didn't matter (the last month or so).

We are good right before every expansion when it doesn't matter, will most likely blow chunks for 3 out of the next 4 arena seasons, we will qq, it will go unnoticed, but we are use to it and deal with it because we have a very unique class that is fun to play.
    Last edited by Tryinmilkme; 2010-12-01 at 09:37 PM.

I would have to disagree with you on the fact that a stun is not a crowd control.

If it's not a CC, what is it?

I have never died while being feared, but I have been killed on many occasions while being chain stunned/silenced without any chance of responding.

I love how they impose all these nerfs to Fear yet Stuns are still let untouched.

If anything, Stuns are WORSE then fears because unlike a fear, there is no chance for a stun to "break"

And don't get me started on snares.

Also, Warlock fears are spammable... Shadow Priest fears are not.

Looks like it's time to go back into "gimped" mode when Cata hits.

Awesome...

Why not just make it so you're unable to cast "burst" spells on a feared target?

For instance, if you cast Shadow Word Death or Mind Blast on a feared target, the fear will break instantly. Dots take time to tick.
    Last edited by Direshadow; 2010-12-01 at 10:08 PM.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Stuns are not exactly the same as CCing abilities. Cut it out.

In a pvp environement, a stun does is more a more efficient means of crowd control than a fear. You can do damage to the stunned party without fear of the stun breaking.

It prevents a party from doing something. Sounds like CC to me, and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's more than likely a duck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they make every stun effect in the game share the same diminishing returns table?

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    I
    For instance, if you cast Shadow Word Death or Mind Blast on a feared target, the fear will break instantly. Dots take time to tick.
    because you will have spriest who will eat most of you HP with dots before the fear was broken. but i will say this as a disc priest fear is my only get off me card without requiring a peal from others. it makes me nervous when they mess around with that imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neonlights View Post
    does it mather what someone thinks about this?

Its to counter the spamming of fear which is quite ok
    You've probably never played a lock and thus don't really grasp that fear is our main and practically only means of defense so yeah... go away...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    How are stuns NOT cc? Just because you can kill someone from 100-0 in 1 stun?

I find it hilariously ridiculous that people have recently started saying that stuns are not CC.

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    because you will have spriest who will eat most of you HP with dots before the fear was broken. but i will say this as a disc priest fear is my only get off me card without requiring a peal from others. it makes me nervous when they mess around with that imo
    Most of your hp? Before the nerf it could take 3k dmg now it can take 1500? Thats most of your hp? i see you haven't played vanilla.
    Last edited by 5648945621; 2010-12-03 at 12:43 PM.

Whoever says stuns aren't CC clearly hasnt been subjected to a focus redirect Kidney at 85...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Stuns have always been a form of CC....it seems only recently some have had the revisionist bug.."Ohh it was never a CC, don't know what your talking about *enters a trance*"...

---

As mentioned in the other Fear thread, it'd be interesting to see how the stun classes would react if their stuns broke on damage...