Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Muchas gracias to Levva for reposting this here for those of us that avoid the official forums.

Looks like I'll be getting some use out of Engineering yet. Sweet goggles compared to the rest of what's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Its completely and utterly a guess of his on mastery there has been no theorycrafting I can find that proves one way or the other. This is why I'm a bit uneasy about his post. He is claiming something with no proof which is a BAD thing.
    If it makes you feel any better all my testing concurs with his evaluation of Mastery.

I have a question about the weapons wouldn't the fist weapons that have a 1000 haste proc when u have both of them outweigh most other weapons even though haste is not that wanted only because its free stats

granted not all free stats are wanted i/e spirit.. i was just wondering?

Its not really free stats. Using Torment over Maimgor's is a lost of ~195 AP, ~108 SP, .95% spell hit, and .90% melee crit. Whether it outweighs all of that will depend on its uptime - a long ICD would make it vendor trash.

Awesome job,bookmarked

When gearing for entry level raiding as Enhancement, you'll need to keep a few things in mind. We need hit rating. Lots and lots of hit rating. So much hit rating, that you'll likely need to reforge all of your early gear for hit, and after doing so, you'll still very likely be short of your caps. You need 1742 Hit rating, to be exact (1640 for Draenei.) Hit and expertise combined, we need more total rating to cap our active abilities than anyone else. We also need 541 Expertise rating (451 as a Dwarf with Maces or an Orc with Axes/Fists), making it a total of 2283 rating to hit a boss with our strikes and spells without fail...
    jesus ****!!!!11
    stupid amounts of hit is not fun

Yes it is when it boosts your dps like no other stat. I consider that our spells missing that isn't "fun". Get good gear, see your dps and then reforge and gem to hit cap, see the diference and then come back.

great write up thankyou for taking the time to make this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    jesus ****!!!!11
    stupid amounts of hit is not fun
    The amount of hit you needed in Wrath was a "stupid amount of hit" in heroic dungeon gear, at launch, too.

Its honestly not that much Hit Rating. In heroics/rep/crafted gear, I'm 30 rating short of cap (with Expertise already capped). Gems + reforging makes it pretty easy.

Deleted
    Very good guide. Thanks for this

This should really be stickied for a while!

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't agree with the gemming at all. There is no way with a choice between Mastery or Agi, Mastery comes out on top. Maybe due to the current situation with Mastery, Caster Mainhands and FTx2 it is valued highly, but Blizzard have stated this will change. It has also been proven on EJ that that setup runs about equal to a standard setup with Agi spam.

AGI > Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the great help this provides, done some nice planning now myself. *bump so it doesnt fall too far back - seconded for temp sticky status.*
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Gearing for Raids - Enhancement at 85
    Guide by Ashunera of Anvilmar US original posted at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8282080?page=1
    Back
    Viewless Wings -- http://www.wowhead.com/item=58191 - Valor Points
    Kaleki Cloak -- http://www.wowhead.com/item=56379 - Drop (General Husam - LC)
    Cape of the Brotherhood -- http://www.wowhead.com/item=65177 - Drop ("Captain" Cookie - DM)
    Cloak of Thredd -- http://www.wowhead.com/item=63473 - Drop (Helix Gearbreaker - DM)
    Softwind Cape -- http://www.wowhead.com/item=62361 - Earthen Ring reputation

Kaleki Cloak, from General Husam in the Lost City of the Tol'vir is easily the best option for early on - it's one of the few items with both Hit and Expertise that we can make use of.
    Unfortunately none of the back pieces listed have Exp. on them. (Sad Dargon)
    ShamLcawk(shaman/main)
    ShamLrock(warrior/main)
    ShamLshapes(druid)
    Shampoke(rogue)
    Shamatholic(priest)

10+ Year Old Account
    Back 6 days later - managed to get my hands on many of the listed items and Mastery does indeed seem to serve us well, the guide makes for a excellent easy way of Expertise capping and meeting the Hit requirements.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

5 days later and pulling 14/15k in raid instances.

Gotta love enhancement at the moment!

EDIT: And for those thinking the Hit and Exp cap is not doing that much of a DPS improvement, your wrong!

Thanks for the guide! Just a quick question regarding the Tinket Figurine - Demon Panthe, I have been grinding it for like hours through just questing and what not and noting but the same intellect trinkets quests keep dropping, read on wowhead its not for Enh shaman is this cofirmed or is it to be fixed anyone know? as i am serious not having any luck with other trinket drops atm

Thanks for the guide! Just a quick question regarding the Tinket Figurine - Demon Panthe, I have been grinding it for like hours through just questing and what not and noting but the same intellect trinkets quests keep dropping, read on wowhead its not for Enh shaman is this cofirmed or is it to be fixed anyone know? as i am serious not having any luck with other trinket drops atm
    I have been in groups from the guild and have it drop and we cannot even roll on it! So you wont get it unless someone in your group passes it to you. We asked a GM and he said it is not for Enhancement. Another GM said it is and to keep trying even though we stated that shammys cannot even roll for it.

Its obviously bugged or Blizzard are not aware that Agi is our top stat now*

Best bet is to either go for another trinket or try and get it to be activated for our class. I would give up and go for something else. I've currently got an expertise one "Left Eye of Rajh" HC and it frees up gems for hit or agi and also gives a proc for 1710 Agi! Havent even looked to see how good it is considering BiS but currenly working very well for me. There is also a low level 316 trinket from Black Rock Caverns, I think, that gives a load of hit and an agility proc. Im prone to using proc trinkets rather than use ones for PVE and vice versa for PVP but that is personal preference

*After Hit and Expertise of course

On another note. Anyone seen any BiS for raid gear? My new guild is going through the new raids quicker than I expected and I would like to know what is best for me and what could be left for my fellow rogue/hunters.[COLOR="red"]