Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So i just got 6000 gold.

Hi there, for not more than 10 min ago, a guy said in trade that he were quitting wow, and asked if any1 wanted hes gold, fast as i were i said i would like to have it, and then i invited him to a group (beliveing it actully were a scam) However, the guy did open trade with me, and gave me 6000 gold as he promised, said bye, and logged off (he were a 68 dk)
    Now i wonder, can this couse problems for my account? i mean like, will blizzard think i bougth the gold? and how could i eventually prove that i havent?

(I got screenshots both of the short convasation we had, and when he asked in /trade)

Belive me or not, i honestly dont care, I just want to know if my account is safe.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Deleted
    nope =) so have fun with the gold

Blizzard won't care. Giving someone gold is not a crime.

Deleted
    If they think that They'll prob check the trade chat from that moment. But I'm not sure about that :/
    Otherwise gz with your gold mate XD

Chill....at worst they have chat log records to prove you were given it by some random guy and wasnt bought, now go out enjoy it and boost your servers ecconomy:P
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't get in any trouble for that. Even if you did, all you have to do is tell them to check their logs to verify the story.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    hf with your golds indeed.

Deleted
    they record every conversation you got/make :P in every chat.. so don't be afraid for losing your account.. like Laggspike said.. have fun with the gold m8

inb4 ban.

No, but seriously, you should be fine. Unless someone reports you for suspicious activity, you more than likely will be fine. Grats on the free gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    other shaman are in a sort of relationship with the elements.
    Goblins are more like rapists...

There really shouldn't be any problem. 6000g isn't that big of an amount (I'm normally lending that mcuh to guildies, who just reached 70 to buy fast flying, a mount and cold wheater flying) and if they really would like to investigate this, they will probably look at the chat and everything is clear.

So enjoy your 6000g and have a nice day

Deleted
    No things to worry about.

If the account is hacked he will get his money back probably and they will check trade logs + chat logs (if they even check it) and so they can verify ur not trading with a "gold farmer"

yeah gonna say no blizz is afta you

Ok, ty alot for the help, and ty for saying GZ :>
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Deleted
    well im gonna bring you down a bit with my sceptism, other guys were right UNLESS that guy has been hacked but yeah you could get out of since you had no way to tell

Deleted
    when i was on my alliance char i'd not played for a long time, i found i had 300g on her.. as i was going to use that realm for my horde, and i've already got a realm for alliance, i sold all her armor, everything in bags, bank, etc i had 650g.... Was in IF and said "is there any new players out there that have only just started out and a bit clueless?"

I had 1 whisper from someone who'd been playing for 3 weeks and was thinking of quitting as he couldn't make money or know anyone who would help him with some advice... So i spent an hour talking with him, telling him about how to play the AH, and professions.. Even to the point of going to the AH with him, buying some stuff and then selling for profit (he's brought and sold).. said thanks for helping him and he'll continue to play.. I then opened up a trade window and gave him all the gold and said that i'm deleting this char and it was a gift to him, he added my realID so he could stay in touch and ask for help...

He's not level 80 yet, but he's made 100k gold with advice from me, even creating a contested auction and giving me 5000g as a way of saying thanks (not that i needed or wanted it)

Quote Originally Posted by Remortal View Post
    Blizzard won't care. Giving someone gold is not a crime.
    Giving gold in small numbers is not a crime. But if you give away large quantities of it, blizzard starts to think you're selling it and WILL ban your account, if you're the one giving it away that is.

It happened to a guildmate a year and a half ago. He was giving people runed orbs for gear, and he gave away enough to make blizzard think he was selling gold and he got banned,

Deleted
    Lucky you, enjoy it, I know I would!

15+ Year Old Account
    damn lucker. why does something like this never happen to me :>

have fun with that gold dude.