Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The blood DK build is horrible, I just had to make a mmo account to make sure it gets addressed.

First off
    Runic power mastery should never be taken, as a blood DK we will never stack are RP that high and if you do your not being quick enough with using your rune strikes.

Icy Reach would be fine if we were using diseases and actually having range issues but seeing as were not, don't bother wasting 2 points on it.

Lichborne, its a good cool down no doubt but your giving up a lot of viability just to get it, its not worth the sacrifice.

Abominations Might, its good for raids with that 10% AP buff, but next to every class will have that buff and they do not stack with each other! The str is next to none existent and just not worth those 2 points that would be better some where else. IE Crimson Scourge

Crimson Scourge, why not take it? Granted were not using plague strike on a rotation basis but being that blood boil is one of are major AOE skills the damage increase is to not be looked down upon. Would of been much wiser to put the 2 points from Aboms might to this.

Pretty much wipe all your talents from frost and max out epidemic, virulence, and 2 in Morbidity.
    Why?

Epidemic will add more time to your diseases of course, just read the description, this even affects outbreak diseases as well.

Virulence, 8+9=17, with this are spells will never miss either, DND wont miss (yes it misses) blood boil wont miss, and if im correct outbreak is considered a spell and wont miss.

Morbidity, just taken for the increase to DND damage, it'll increase your threat quite significantly and well worth the 2 points.

GLYPHS:

Generally your correct on your glyphs, just change out death coil glyph for death strike glyph and you'll be fine. Don't ever use DC as your runic dump, that is rune strikes job and rune strike does a far better job generating threat.

NOTE: It is iffy about the death strike one, as we won't be stacking up RP as we use to it may be wise to just get the DND glyph for the longer DND duration. I'll have to test that out my self.

I'd post my talent build link, but i don't got the post count sadly.

i will leave the 2 unspent points as they are, people can do with them as they please untill there is a noticable spec that people want changed to.

What's up with Ancestral Swiftness for Resto Shaman? Totally worthless. Focussed Insight and Telluric Currents are good talents considering we apparently *CAN* run out of mana. In any case, I'm sure any decent player can conjure up a proper talent build when the time comes, it's not hard to look at your class and decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by d j bawl View Post
    some have come from EJ, others from (class)builds.com

Some specs can be different depeing on the type of fight. Instead of being rude, feel free to help get the builds as best as possible k?
    I think this is an entirely misguided sort of post, because there's no way to have a coherent conversation here. Basically there are 30 different conversations that need to happen here at once.

Instead of one gigantic post, why not break this into separate posts within the individual class forums, which is the appropriate place to discuss these kinds of things?

Quote Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
    Hey, shutup.

Dude is trying to help, and honestly, even if they're slightly wrong, someone speccing with a few wrong talent points won't be the end of the world and if they notice they suck they'll most likely change what they're doing...
    I need to post more, I'm losing my patience...

Thank you for starting by telling me to shut up. If you could actually read you'd see my post was constuctive criticism. Sources, explanations and reasoning are all needed to defend why this person (or even the site he yanked info from) is stating these are the best builds. Blizzards new talent philosophy is to give a couple of abilities that, depending on the situation, are optional. People are already discussing these builds right here in the thread. You can see the discussion of why people think certain talents are better for their playstyle. Unless you're giving us those specific situations where "x is good for y boss" or "z is good agaisnt v classes" then I'll be a bit hesitant to classify something as "the best build! (for this situation)". Also, if you don't play all ten classes you can look at any "best build" from a class you have no idea about and and miss key synergies in talents.

I did mention the OP has good intentions and is definitely contributing. But, being someone who has been around for a while and sees how the community reacts and plays into unsourced material makes me weary and skeptical of any post that can't back its statements.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Enhancement build: http://wowtal.com/#k=ZbWIyzPJr.a8t.shaman.R5Lqgi

The 1 point in Reverb can be dropped into Imp Fire Nova as well, but this is just focusing on single target top dps. Another option is Spark of Life to help healers out and a bit of survivability.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Deleted
    Wouldn't glyph of molten armor be better than pyro glyph for a fire mage? I mean you spec, and gear to get the pyro procs. The glyph will give you more crit on all spells, whereas pyro glyph only gives crit for pyro.

Edit:

As for holy paladin, I guess it's a matter of taste, but I'd rather have 2p in Paragon of Virtue over 2p in Improved Judgement in ret.

Very nice list tho. This will come in handy for new characters etc.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2010-12-01 at 04:13 PM.

@ discombobula - http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110102-...raid_tank_spec

@ proberly - yea probably, i just copied from somewhere, i will change that now actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Akamir View Post
    What's up with Ancestral Swiftness for Resto Shaman? Totally worthless. Focussed Insight and Telluric Currents are good talents considering we apparently *CAN* run out of mana. In any case, I'm sure any decent player can conjure up a proper talent build when the time comes, it's not hard to look at your class and decide for yourself.
    For the love of everything that is good and just, no. If you can't see why a increased movement speed is a incredible boon then stop. Stop now. Focused Insight is reliant on hit, wasting time and mana to boost a heal. Telluric Currents also relies on hit and Blizzard has already said that it will not be a viable source of mana regeneration. If you want to use these gimmicks that's fine but they aren't mainstream builds.

EDIT: Again, I am completely dumbfounded that someone wouldn't take Ancestral Swiftness...I just...the words used to describe "that" don't exist.
    Last edited by Jahoota; 2010-12-01 at 04:12 PM.

@ underdogba - it is supposed to be more of a help thread rather than a discussion. Idm if it gets moved

15+ Year Old Account
    nice job ^^

thanks, compliments are few but awesome.

Looking over the Mage Fire Spec, I dont think Pyromanic is worth the 2 pts based on the information discussed by beta players. It seems that the old days of AoE trash clears are much more limited with Cata gameplay making a talent like Pyromanic situational at best. The biggest issue that seems to be a consistent concern is mana consumption for mages on boss fights, so it seems to be a more effecicent descision to pick-up 3/3 Arcane Concentration. Improved Fire Blast is also debatable whether taking 2/2 is worth the points, but then you fall into a situation of having find a home for that remaining talent point. Improved Blink is an option for movement fights or is a benefical to have that extra crit% on Fire Blast, in addtion to the increased casting distance?

wowtal . com / #k=Zd3gOwQ-j.a8t.mage.-xavgN

Antoher debatable talent is Cauterize, but that would be a judgement call based on the effectiveness and confidence of your raid healers. Mages do have a few other mitigating abilities to assist healers in tight spots, i.e. Ice Block, Mana Shield, etc...