Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cata goes live 00.01 tuesday or wed?

Wondering what day/date cata goes live in europe, is it 00.01 on tuesday or wed?

Deleted
    Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 7th...@ 12am pacific time...3am EST.. The 7th is a Tuesday and Wednesday is the 8th. Please don't overthink things.

edit: Just because the OP asked about europe doesn't change the way time and space work and that the 7th is a Tuesday around the world. I was using the US launch as an example to clarify how the launch works in different time zones.
    Last edited by Arrelliana; 2010-12-01 at 05:38 PM.

tuesday

yep Tuesday

is it true that all servers will be down for an hour prior to the launch on Tuesday?

Deleted
    Tuesday 7th 00.01 Eu server time.

Okey so its like monday night then?, 00.01 on tuesday? midnight release is tuesday 00.01?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    The 7th...@ 12am pacific time...3am EST.. The 7th is a Tuesday and Wednesday is the 8th. Please don't overthink things.
    None of which matters to the OP because he asked about the Europe opening which is going with Midnight CET. Please try some reading comprehension next time.

Deleted
    Yes monday night !

Deleted
    Exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    It's super annoying that I can not play the game at midnight my time. That gives PST people a huge advantage. I am rather annoyed at that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    It's super annoying that I can not play the game at midnight my time. That gives PST people a huge advantage. I am rather annoyed at that fact.

how do they get an advantave they get it at 3 am?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    Um..how? They can start playing at midnight PST. In my case, i can start playing 3am, EST. That happens to be the EXACT SAME MOMENT. If its so annoying that timezones exist, then ignore them and take tuesday off.

A tear just ran down my cheek.

Deleted
    What about the regular maintenance on wednesday? Will that still happen?

Quote Originally Posted by boomcan View Post
    Um..how? They can start playing at midnight PST. In my case, i can start playing 3am, EST. That happens to be the EXACT SAME MOMENT. If its so annoying that timezones exist, then ignore them and take tuesday off.
    Lol, this is the perfect answer. How can anyone be upset or think someone else gets an advantage getting the game at the exact same time? Pretty sure it was the pacific coast folks that got screwed out of 3 hours when wraith released. I was playing at midnight Eastern Time, and had guildies in vent that were a couple time zones behind going "SO... how is it?"

Quote Originally Posted by boomcan View Post
    for a second i thought this thread was going to degenerate into a "Nerf X time zone because it is way more OP than Y time zone"

:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yep Tuesday

is it true that all servers will be down for an hour prior to the launch on Tuesday?
    thats not what ive heard. Ive heard that there wont be any restart before 00.01 or so. You will just be able to go lvl as soon as the clock turns 00.01