Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltrond View Post
    Indeed I do remember that! It was so much more epic and immersive, albeit a ridiculous pain in the ass. You felt like you accomplished something just by leveling 10 points in a profession and trekking across the world to train new recipes.
    I don't quite understand this thought of "epic" being synonymous with "tedious". Maybe 'cause I don't play solely for the lore, but the trainer being in Uldaman was more immersion-breaking for me. It didn't make any sense to me for her to be in there. Didn't feel like I accomplished something grand, felt like I was having to do something stupid to finish something redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Bring back more thinks like this . I'm glad they did that for enchanting. I'm so sick of the casual nonsense, to be perfectly honest. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed it. Enough people will complain, I'm sure.
    You're mistaking casual for inconvinient.

try lvling with something else it cost me a fair bit to lvl my enchanting as well i got from 1-450 with 4k gold roughly if your willing to spend the gold and cant be fu^&*ed farming them yourself pay someone else to do it while your doing so they can help you farm them..... or you can go to a higher populated realm where they have more gold farmers that sell those things.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Oh god the horror, I have hated uldaman ever since.
    Hey, I kinda liked having to go there. Felt like I actually had to work for my Profession by having to locate and frequent a mob inside of an instance. It always made me feel like I found Tim The Enchanter from Monty Pythons Holy Grail.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    Spam trade for people to check their banks. Alot of people just collect a bunch of random crap like that. Worth a shot
    Definately do this. I was cleaning out my bank this week and found that I had around 10 black pearls, 5 righteous orbs, and other stuff sitting in a bag collecting dust.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Alchemists used to only be able to make flasks in an Alchemy Lab. There were only two in the game, they were in Scholomance and BWL. So they had to go there each time they wanted to create a flask.

Maybe that will make you feel better?
    Actually - the BWL lab was an add on after long and torturous complaining about the only one being in Scholo. Also - Scholo was hard!

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltrond View Post
    Indeed I do remember that! It was so much more epic and immersive, albeit a ridiculous pain in the ass. You felt like you accomplished something just by leveling 10 points in a profession and trekking across the world to train new recipes.
    God, i remember all the the pain of enchanting and making flasks in scholo. I paid folks a few gold to use their clear so i could make flasks. Those were good times for sure. But progress is good, right? I remember having to run back and forth between dorf town and trade to get mats for leveling up engineering too, that served no purpose really. I remember lvl39 trekking my ass across stv to kill jungle stalkers to ding 40 to get my regular mount. Served no purpose, just a time sink. Progress is good, I don't think i would have the patience to do that again. I feel like I have a bit of a medal for doing it three times before tbc. I remember farming felcloth for hours to make myself mooncloth bags, so i didn't have to spend TEN GOLD for those damn travelers backpacks.
    Look fondly back, but remember, progress is a good thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Again i had almost all the mats ready but i was lacking a [Black Pearl]
    UNFORTUNATELY black pearl as of 4.0.3a ONLY DROPS from TURTLES and HYENA mobs INSIDE MARAUDON and above that its not in the beginning of the instance but to the FAR BACK!!!!!!!
    Thats wrong, they were never the only drops, either you didnt check wowhead or the info there is misleading. Because you always could get the pearls from those clams, fishing, or killing nagas or sea giants at that average level.

Anyway, you think thats bad? Wait until Golden Pearl, and pray you find some on AH.
    When you get past 300 it becomes stupid easy to level it though.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2010-12-02 at 03:25 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Damn I just used up my two Black Pearls in my bank to make something stupid for my new Pala alt. I think it was Truesilver Breastplate as it looked cool. I could have made some decent gold selling them in the AH Well I have a max level enchanter already, it's just missed profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin1344 View Post
    Do you use a car to go places irl or do you forgo the convenience and walk because you think your destination should take a long time to reach. Yea I didn't think so. Besides if you don't like it then walk to where you want to go just because you think the world should feel bigger doesn't mean everyone does.
    Stop posting this bullshit comapring WoW to RL. This is not RL this is a GAME thats why we play it. So it doesn't feel like real world. Also this is MMORPG game or atleast used to be, so we need to atleast in some way feel that this game is BIG. With LFD tool that feeling is basicly lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got 2 stacks of black pearls in my bank .... >.< AH here i come ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Stop posting this bullshit comapring WoW to RL. This is not RL this is a GAME thats why we play it. So it doesn't feel like real world. Also this is MMORPG game or atleast used to be, so we need to atleast in some way feel that this game is BIG. With LFD tool that feeling is basicly lost.
    Yes a GAME, and a game shouldn't be more boring than real life.

Also no one is stopping you from traveling by foot or 100% mount (come cata), you could also make your own group and travel to instances.................RPers do that all the time, they make themselves content. Now stop being lazy and do just that instead of hoping that you get spoonfed "boredem sauce" by the developers.

Love that macro but since you can buy vellums from vendors now, I think I`ll just spam my enchants on those and sell them.

wow, i was about to level my enchanting on my alt for cataclysm...this sets me back a bit on wanting to. how many do you need out of curiosity?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by snodeath View Post
    Do you remember where the old enchanting trainer was too? Yea, Uldaman. Vanilla WoW...
    *Cringe* That was the worst....

Quote Originally Posted by darinprice22 View Post
    wow, i was about to level my enchanting on my alt for cataclysm...this sets me back a bit on wanting to. how many do you need out of curiosity?
    1 i believe, havent leveld Enchanting in a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another QQ topic with , OMG i have to do stuff to get something.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

the fact that the pearls only appear in maraudon now seems more like an oversight of trying remove the pearls from the game entirely than it does of just making them very hard to get.. as someone else mentioned, pearls have been removed from enchanting rod recipes, so this would seem to support my argument.. but golden pearl still appears in other enchant recipes and tailor patterns so i wish blizzard would get their act together and stop confusing everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    To anyone who actually liked having to go to Uldaman to level just 5-15 points of enchanting on your only character (no sugar daddy support) and to enchant all your own gear at a huge loss of gold instead of being able to sell the enchants to people in town... did you level in vanilla or TBC? Probably vanilla when there were way more lower level players right?

When I started playing it was TBC and people were already level 70 and raiding for months. It was near impossible to find a group to go into Uldaman. First, Badlands was nearly completely empty of people, it was quite a dead zone, so you definitely can't find people with general chat. There was no LFG to magically put together groups for you and cross-server did not exist. Even in trade chat or the LFG chat channel, there's barely anyone around at your level, but good luck finding people at you level (including a tank and healer... before dual spec existed) AND willing to run Uldaman so you can go find your enchanting trainer and sit there for 10 minutes trying to squeeze the most points out of the materials that you brought with you so that you could buy as many new recipes as possible. Not enjoyable game play at all.

Oh and the horde enchanting trainer before the Uldaman one... you know the one standing around on top of some ultra hidden mountain in Stonetalon... that was also a nuisance, but nothing compared to having to train in a dungeon that everyone hates and refuses to run. Enchanting was the only profession that had to do that below max level.

Oh and those brutally expensive enchanting rods too that use gathered and crafted materials from other professions as well as rare pearls which nobody had because they were all playing in Outlands. It was not at all friendly to level on your first character and if I had known what I know today, I would have certainly picked Herbalism and Alchemy as my first professions, they are a joke to level. It's not at all a discussion about hardcore/casual, it's about bad game design, equality among profession difficulty, and the problems that arise in old-game content when a new expansion changes the game. Enchanting was horrible at that time.

To the op:
    Seems that the Big-Mouth Clam (wich contains the black pearl, at a low drop chance), after the recent hotfix, drops again from all the mobs he used to before the shattering (turtles in tanaris coast, or crabs in the swamp of sorrows coastline, as a example). So you can pospone you travel to maraudon if you wish