Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renascido View Post
    Thrall for Earth Warder, and Jaina for the Guardian of Tirisfall...lol
    LOL, OMG No! She's an Old God I tell you, evil wench.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    So your complaining about other peoples speculation all the while speculating yourself?
    Not at all, I'm admitting that what I am doing is speculating but I'm saying that what these people are doing isn't speculating, it's assuming.

What do they say about Assuming? It makes an ASS out of U and(not) ME.

I'm not surprised at the amount of rage this post is attracting really. Also not surprised that most of the people flaming probably didn't even read everything I said. Whatever, just as long as the idea sinks in to some that just coming out and saying "THRALL IS ZE NEW ARTHWARTER" like it's absolute truth is retarded, I'll count it as a victory.

EDIT: Mostly this thread is about this. When Blizzard comes out with a post, stop and think about what it is that they're really saying, and not jump to conclusions. I've said before that if Metzen were to ever include "Portal to Azeroth" and "Niagara Falls" in the same sentence it would be bad, as in leading to one of the biggest mass suicides in history bad.
    Last edited by willjones410; 2010-12-01 at 07:40 PM.

I dunno, I swear 2 months back when Alliance invaded Orgrimmar, Thrall turned into a frigging dragon and ate everyone... horde players included.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachman View Post
    I like the idea of Thrall becoming the Earth Warder. He can't really go back to leading the Horde now Fuhrer Garrosh is in charge, and he's always had a special aura so the idea of him being something different would be pretty cool.

Paints a very interesting picture for the Horde Leadership.
    You like the idea of Thrall becoming a dragon? Or you think maybe a bunch of evil dragons will just suddenly look at each other, shrug, and say "sure we'll let some 30 year old orc lead us"?

If Thrall becomes the Aspect of Earth, I will lose all respect for Metzen and Blizzard and may have to quit the game.

Hes also not the Guardian of Tirisfal, so dumbasses can stop saying that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esgobarr View Post
    How about this you damn lore nerd. Realize the fact that blizzard makes the story not the fans. What is meant to be is just that. Stop getting sucked into people's lore troll posts. End of story. Now go make blizz happy and play their game.
    I wouldn't be calling other people nerds while you are posting on a forum dedicated entirely to an online game. So please, control yourself.

OT: I agree with OP, but the way hes going about it isn't as efficient as it could be, should he have gone about it differently. Thrall won't be the next earth warder because:
    1. Hes a lowly mortal, to be granted that gift would mean taking on something way larger than Thrall could ever expect to be able to do
    2. Aspects would most likely be a dragon, simply because they are, quite possibly, the mightiest race on Azeroth
    3. Almost all of the characters that have been used for something in-game relating to the end boss, now sit, unused i might add, where they were, completely forgotten by the story(Maiev, Tirion Fordring, Darion Mograine etc). That, in turn, would mean that Thrall would become the new earth warder and then be completely forgotten by lore. At least based off of what has happened in the last 2 xpacs.
    Last edited by kortin; 2010-12-01 at 07:46 PM.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    Thrall is Thrall. Not a single person on this forum has any idea what's going to happen with him, seeing as how they arent Metzen.

Might he become the new aspect? Who knows! I'm just looking forward to seeing/reading it.
    Considering the War of the Ancients was stolen straight out of Chrono Trigger, even right down to having time travellers, one being a red-haired man, it's pretty easy to anticipate what Metzen has planned. Yeah, Knaak wrote the book, but who approved it and made it canon? All Knaak did was add the time travellers, Metzen was the one that changed Lavos into Sargeras and Zeal into Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser3008 View Post
    Where does it say that an orc/mortal can't take on the powers of one of the aspects? I'm not being rude I actually want to know.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Warder!/page19
    That thread discussed it in depth, my reply on that page is pretty long but kind of covers most of what had been argued... if you are interested read the thread =]
    Quote Originally Posted by JFetch View Post
    I actually thought that's what he's implying. It seems obvious. I believe they also said he's the most powerful(at least most important) person on Azeroth. Also, if he was the new earth warder it wouldn't make him in charge of the black flight since he's not a dragon and one has nothing to do with the other.

The aspects were given their titles by Titans right? Why can't they come in and give the title to Thrall?
    Because giving him that 'title' would also require him, for one thing, to become a Dragon. The Earth Warder is the Aspect of Earth, they do have something to do with each other, they are one and the same thing. Read the thread I linked above this if you want to see a long discussion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Considering the War of the Ancients was stolen straight out of Chrono Trigger, even right down to having time travellers, one being a red-haired man, it's pretty easy to anticipate what Metzen has planned. Yeah, Knaak wrote the book, but who approved it and made it canon? All Knaak did was add the time travellers, Metzen was the one that changed Lavos into Sargeras and Zeal into Azshara.
    Couldn't agree more.

I completly agree man, but it's no reason to rage about it. People will believe anything, this just proves it... It's a dangerous thing to allow WoW players to think on their own...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    ... OMG your right