The Dragons of Azeroth

So as i'm playing WoW, (being that i'm not a big lore person) I've noticed that the dragons (Halion, Deathwing, Alexstraza.. Etc..) Have either some kind of relationship, such as Deathwing and Nefarian, or some kind of conflict..

My question is..
    Which dragons are related (or friends), and which of them have conflicts with each other?

List of Dragons

Dragon Aspects
    Alexstrasza · Malygos · Ysera · Nozdormu · Deathwing

Notable Dragons
    Anachronos · Azuregos · Chronormu · Eranikus · Galakrond · Kalecgos · Korialstrasz · Nefarian · Onyxia · Sapphiron · Saragosa · Sindragosa · Sintharia · Soridormi · Tyranastrasz · Tyrygosa · Vaelastrasz

try checking out wowwiki.com

really now, it's just too much of a story to type all here.
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

Well since that list is copied from the bottom of the page of wowpedia, you could have clicked all those links instead of trying to get a lot of possible wrong answers from the mmo-champ community.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Nefarian and Onyxia are Deathwings children, Sindragosa was malys mate, Eranikus.. Don't realy remember but he's a green dragon and related to Ysera in some way, Chronormu is a dragon (male) that likes to take the form of a gnome (female) and he's a bronze dragon.

Deleted
    Read Day of the Dragon

That question is way too big for someone to answer for you...you'll probably enjoy it more if you do your own research too. Try reading some of the books too

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    To simplify things, go by color, if it is Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow its a good dragon, if its Black its a baaaaadddd dragon, just as a general statement. Dragons of all flights are individually able to be corrupted, which is why you fight some of those 4 "good" groups. Malygos did lead his flight against the others, but up to date is now dead, order has been restored, and Kalecgos is now the Blue Aspect.

Going to have to say to go to wowpedia or wowwiki for this one and do a search for dragons or dragon flights

Deathwing and Neltharian (spelling?) are the same

At the moment Malygos lore wise is dead (Kalecgos will be new aspect of blue flight)

The easiest way to match dragons to their flight is by the end of the name all -strasz(a) are red ian/ia are black gos(a) are blue nos/mu/mi are bronze kus/sa are green

Most younger children are thought to be children of the aspects.

As for allies, the red, green, blue, and bronze are now on the same side against the black. The bronze aspect though is sorta in an unknown state and his real alligences might not be what they seem.

Galakrond is the progenator of the dragon aspects. It was the first and largest dragon and the titans used it to base the other 'smaller' dragons off of.

You put Galakrond in the notable dragons list?? Oo

Notable???

Nozdormu - Anachronos (Nozdormu's Son), Soridormi (Nozdormu's Consort), Chronormu (An important member of the Bronze Dragonflight).

Malygos - Azuregos (An important member of the Blue Dragonflight), Kalecgos (An important member of the Blue Dragonflight), Sapphiron (An important member of the Blue Dragonflight), Saragosa (Malygos's ex-Consort), Sindragosa (Malygos's ex-Consort), Tyrigosa (Malygos's Daughter).

Ysera - Eranikus (Ysera's ex-Consort).

Other - Galakrond (The progenitor of the dragons - The Aspects were made from him).

Alexstrasza - Korialstrasz (Alexstrasza's Consort), Tyranastrasz (Alexstrasza's ex-Consort), Vaelastrasz (Alexstrasza's Son).

Deathwing - Nefarian (Deathwing's Son), Onyxia (Deathwing's Daughter), Sintharia (Deathwing's Consort - Nefarian and Onyxia's mother).

For further info, read up on Wowpedia.

Deathwing is the leader of the Black Dragonflight, his children are Nefarian (son) and Onyxia (Daughter) Deathwing went insane thousands of years ago from the Demon Soul corruption and destroyed many dragons. Worst affected was the blue Dragonflight. Sindragosa was a blue dragon who was blasted into now Northrend in the conflict. The Black Dragons hate everything thats not a Black or Chromatic Dragon.

Malygos was absent for a long time and also went insane. He declared war on all magic users. Eventually destroyed. Alextrasza didn't like the fact that he died but it was for the greater good.

Alextrasza and Ysera can be seen as good friends as they're responsible for life and the emerald dream which is Azeroth in its natural state.

At present Norzdormu and the Bronze Dragonflight have generally remained quite aloof and out of touch with most goings on in Wrath. Though they are allies with all but the Black Dragonflight.

At the beginning when the Dragons were empowered by the titans and turned into their respective aspects they were all allies designated to ward over their own specific part of Azeroth. At the start they were all allies. But some were corrupted by Old Gods whispers (Deathwing)

Neltharion (Deathwing) The Earth Warder, he looked over the mountains, rocks and land of Azeroth.

Alextrasza The Life Binder, was charged with the preservation of life on Azeroth.

Ysera the Dreamer, watches over the Emerald Dream. How Azeroth would have been if not for mortal interference.

Norzdormu The Keeper of Time, guards the passage of time itself ensuring events occur as they're meant to. He is arguably the most power of all the aspects due to the nature of his power.

Malygos The Spellbinder, he was charged with all the magic of Azeroth and ensuring it was used with responsibility and care. After his death its almost confirmed Kalecgos has become the new Blue Dragonflight Aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're content with a vague diagram and a short blurb about each of the main 5 flights, pick up a copy of the official WoW magazine, issue 02. Otherwise, I'd just read through the Wowpedia articles on the various flights.

For the last couple of years, I've considered making a site geared toward consolidating known dragon lore, information about flights, origins, theories, etc., but I'm afraid I haven't got that kind of time or ambition. Besides, there are so many gaps and unknowns, a large portion would be conjecture, and who knows what sort of drama that might dredge up. Dragons are serious business, after all. *sagenod*
    Last edited by Nah; 2010-12-01 at 07:00 PM.

Malygos was the opposite of corrupt, that's why he attacked us. Mortals were never meant to use magic, it attracts demons to Azeroth : P