Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cata items in AH how????

OK so i see a lv 79 green item in trade chat thab blows away by 264 and with a stack of mastery, i /w the guy and say nick link off atlas loot to which he replys check the AH so i do and there it is with a few others, he wouldent tell me where he got them tho..

any 1 no how to get these?

Deleted
    Yeah. Exploit that you can actually get into the Cataclysm zones, kill some mobs, get lucky on drops and....

there.

Keyword here being EXPLOIT. Up to you if you want to be banned for getting it less than a week before time...

Probably glitched their way into new zones and grinded a few mobs.

From what I have heard, some people have found exploits in the environment that allowed them to enter into Uldum or Mt. Hyjal without getting the debuff that ports them back out. While they are in those zones, they're able to kill whatever mobs that are there currently, as well as mine/skin/herb, etc. Yes, it is an unfair advantage, but it is unknown what might happen as a consequence of those actions.
    Blizz stated they expect some people to find a way into a zone or two, but didn't state any punishments or lack of for using those exploits to their advantage. Nothing may happen, or all the Cataclysm items will be deleted at some point and/or those accounts could be banned temporarily...who knows.

There is an exploit that allows you to fly into the zones, grind mobs, and profit. Now, as has been stated. They are taking a huge risk by doing this.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

green lv 79 item with mastery cannot be better than any 264/277. since items are retrieved via an exploit I would suggest NOT buying any of them and seize all contact with the people selling them. even if you dont buy one they could get you involved and get an undeserved ban. just wait it out, its like 5 days alrdy.

Deleted
    On the other hand i found it a great way to make some easy gold, people pay a ton for a common green drop at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    green lv 79 item with mastery cannot be better than any 264/277. since items are retrieved via an exploit I would suggest NOT buying any of them and seize all contact with the people selling them. even if you dont buy one they could get you involved and get an undeserved ban. just wait it out, its like 5 days alrdy.
    yes it can be better,
    Aboraz gloves of wavecrest
    Leather gloves
    228stam
    199int
    88 mastery
    88 spirit

ilevel 289

Ya people have got the banhammer already for getting into the new zones

I love reporting people who exploit their way in.
    72h ban just ain't worth it. D;
    Hi

yeah saw this on my server as well, they were banned a few hours later though...

Deleted
    I hope those ppl enjoys their ban )

I wonder if fishing into the new zones and catching Cata fish are bannable...given your not "entering" the new zone but merely casting into it....anyone know of a ban for that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    On the other hand i found it a great way to make some easy gold, people pay a ton for a common green drop at the moment.
    Blizzard have been banning people for this ever since day 1. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    I wonder if fishing into the new zones and catching Cata fish are bannable...given your not "entering" the new zone but merely casting into it....anyone know of a ban for that?
    Blizzard has fixed this so it's no longer possible to catch the fish if you don't have Cataclysm installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tittattotem View Post
    yes it can be better,
    Aboraz gloves of wavecrest
    Leather gloves
    228stam
    199int
    88 mastery
    88 spirit

ilevel 289
    To compare with 277 epic, the difference is +~70 int, slight increase in other stats and minus a socket. Definitely better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    Anyone know the exploit to get inside Hyjal?
    Wrong forums for THAT question.

You pretty much only get banned if you're stupid enough to post the stuff on the AH. That is just asking to be reported by everyone who sees it. However, players in the high end guilds on my server will pay outrageous prices for cata fish to level cooking faster and/or go for server first. If you think you're going to achieve server first 525 cooking legit, you might as well give it up now. Plenty of people already have all the fish needed to max out cooking in the first few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphincter View Post
    You pretty much only get banned if you're stupid enough to post the stuff on the AH. That is just asking to be reported by everyone who sees it. However, players in the high end guilds on my server will pay outrageous prices for cata fish to level cooking faster and/or go for server first. If you think you're going to achieve server first 525 cooking legit, you might as well give it up now. Plenty of people already have all the fish needed to max out cooking in the first few minutes.
    Actually, I have seen several people who have been banned simply for having the items in their inventory. I am fairly sure Blizzard are able to make some sort of script to automatically delete all of these items before the actual release, so everyone who was exploiting just completely wasted their time. And then a nice three day ban so they miss out on the first three days of the expansion would be the cherry on the cake.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I've seen those a lot of those too.. I've also seen people exploit it.
    Laugh people, laugh as I close the curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Actually, I have seen several people who have been banned simply for having the items in their inventory. I am fairly sure Blizzard are able to make some sort of script to automatically delete all of these items before the actual release, so everyone who was exploiting just completely wasted their time. And then a nice three day ban so they miss out on the first three days of the expansion would be the cherry on the cake.
    Some people just have tons of free time ;\