Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The caster legendary may not be the first legendary.

We could have a Melee or tanking legendary instead. Heck I want a caster legendary first, but it might not be.
    So far, we know that there will be at least 2 legendaries in this expansion, one of them being the fabled caster staff/dagger. Now, what I have realised is that Casters may not get there legendary until the endgame. Why?
    There are 3 reasons;
    1. There probably is going to be at least 2 legendaries in Cataclysm. And the fandom will rage if there is yet ANOTHER Warrior legendary is endgame content. Heck, there would be rage if warriors got another legendary anyway, but we all know there will be.

2. There is a good melee DPS lore axe. In a raid that is confirmed. That could end up in the first patch. Broxigar's ax is EASILY one of the strongest weapons to exist, and it would be an awesome weapon to use. It could be easily implemented.

3. Even if there was not a DPS ax, there could be a tanking mace first.

4. The Item would be able to be used by shamans, therefore it will be cut/nerfed/delayed/hitbyabus.

4 is a joke.
    Anyway, do you think that the endgame legendary will be for casters or not? And if not, what would the final legendary be?

Quote Originally Posted by Disissparta View Post
    We could have a Melee or tanking legendary instead. Heck I want a caster legendary first, but it might not be.
    So far, we know that there will be at least 2 legendaries in this expansion, one of them being the fabled caster staff/dagger. Now, what I have realised is that Casters may not get there legendary until the endgame. Why?
    There are 3 reasons;
    1. There probably is going to be at least 2 legendaries in Cataclysm. And the fandom will rage if there is yet ANOTHER Warrior legendary is endgame content. Heck, there would be rage if warriors got another legendary anyway, but we all know there will be.

2. There is a good melee DPS lore axe. In a raid that is confirmed. That could end up in the first patch. Broxigar's ax is EASILY one of the strongest weapons to exist, and it would be an awesome weapon to use. It could be easily implemented.

4. The Item would be able to be used by shamans, therefore it will be cut/nerfed/delayed/hitbyabus.

4 is a joke.
    Anyway, do you think that the endgame legendary will be for casters or not? And if not, what would the final legendary be?
    Stop trolling.

Blizzard confirmed next legendary will be a caster dps item.

Tanking legendary is tough because who do you itemize it for? You could make a 1-handed sword for paladins and warriors...but that wouldn't always be ideal for DK's and druids.

Coming from a warrior tank, I'd like to see a caster dps staff implemented that would work like battered hilt, and turn it in for a weapon that related to your role.

I see legendaries working like that in the future. Too much QQ over "warriors get all the legendaries".

(even though we do!)

Quote Originally Posted by Disissparta View Post
    There are 3 reasons;

4 is a joke.

I think first legendary will be the caster legendary. (didn't they really say it would be the first?)
    I think the second legendary will be a stupid melee dps weapon (many melee dps classes, screwing tanks again)
    I think the third will be a crossbow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz confirmed, next legendary is going to be a Caster Staff!

Four very silly reasons that make grand assumptions based on player reactions a random person on the internet thinks we might not get a caster legendary first in Cataclysm despite Blizzard saying many times that we will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go away troll, it's confirmed that next legendary will be a caster staff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly side-topic but are there any good lore sources for caster weapons left? Aegwynn doesn't seem terribly involved with the story of this xpac. Antonidas' staff dropped off the LK, so it's probably not his. Maybe something related to the highborne? I don't know of anything already extant in the lore that could really fit the bill. Is there any better speculation out there than this half-assed post?
    I am the Zen master. I am the calm, quiet little center of the universe.
    Valhallä - Jaedenar US

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they just make a legendary that has an ability to transform into many forms... One form for casters, one form for dps, one form for tanks... Though that probably would cause guild drama alot..

Quote Originally Posted by valmorgul View Post
    Slightly side-topic but are there any good lore sources for caster weapons left? Aegwynn doesn't seem terribly involved with the story of this xpac. Antonidas' staff dropped off the LK, so it's probably not his. Maybe something related to the highborne? I don't know of anything already extant in the lore that could really fit the bill. Is there any better speculation out there than this half-assed post?
    Only two of the legendaries (well, three if you don't count the warglaives as a set) had previous lore for them; Atiesh and the Warglaives of Azzinoth. The rest were introduced in the content that made them obtainable.

The first legendary will be an agility based thrown weapon. You all can eat it.

caster no mater what haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minqz View Post
    Tanking legendary is tough because who do you itemize it for? You could make a 1-handed sword for paladins and warriors...but that wouldn't always be ideal for DK's and druids.

Coming from a warrior tank, I'd like to see a caster dps staff implemented that would work like battered hilt, and turn it in for a weapon that related to your role.

I see legendaries working like that in the future. Too much QQ over "warriors get all the legendaries".

(even though we do!)
    1H mace would work for all 4 tanks, throw some agi, stam, str etc. whichever. dodge expertise hit, and you got a good tank wep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Only two of the legendaries (well, three if you don't count the warglaives as a set) had previous lore for them; Atiesh and the Warglaives of Azzinoth. The rest were introduced in the content that made them obtainable.
    Yeah, not really what I asked though. I was asking if there is an item already in the lore that people are speculating it might be. I'm not suggesting the lack of one means it's gonna be a melee item or anything.
    Valhallä - Jaedenar US

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    The first legendary will be an agility based thrown weapon. You all can eat it.
    What he said. And then when 5.0 hits, it will change to include Death Knights because they have to have everything.

Deleted
    Perhaps something to do with the demon soul?
    Yeah I know it's unlikely (and that Blizz has probably confirmed somewhere the demon soul will not be in the expansion) but it would be fairly awesome.
    I'd love that xD
    But as someone else said... It's probably not going to be anything exciting lore-wise... Just an overpowered weapon with a random cool-sounding name. Like shadowmourne.

Probably something about Cho'Gall. If I remember correctly (really vaguely remember this) he was shown using a staff in an old piece of concept art from WC2. Maybe not but not many other weapons would make sense from the lore standpoint of things. Unless they do something with old gods or dragons. Ancient dragon item? Dragons don't normally seem that keen on using items though. Fun to think about though.

Also, has Blizzard come out and said literally that the next legendary is a caster staff? When I was watching Blizzcon it seemed more like Metzen was joking than serious. He pointed it out a couple more times as a joke as well. Could have been clarified since then on forums or something though.

Wtb Legendary Rifle.

That would be badass.

Hunters only had 1 legendary that maybe 1 or 2 person per server got...if any at all, when it was Best in Slot, considering how hard was Sunwell compared to ICC.

How many Skillmourne do you guys see everyday?
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2010-12-01 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark View Post
    1H mace would work for all 4 tanks, throw some agi, stam, str etc. whichever. dodge expertise hit, and you got a good tank wep.
    Tank weapons are a serious problem, far more serious than you're making it out to be. DK tanks (as was explained to me by my guild's DK tank) are basically DPS weapons, slow & heavy, as well as Feral druids (I play a cat, it's the case there at least.) Pallies and Warriors, unless something changed in 4.0.1, use a fast sword. It would almost have to be a hilt system. You couldn't just throw "Agi str whichever" on a sword and call it a day.

Edit: not to mention that druids can't use them.
    Valhallä - Jaedenar US

Yeah, not really what I asked though. I was asking if there is an item already in the lore that people are speculating it might be. I'm not suggesting the lack of one means it's gonna be a melee item or anything.
    I expect the caster legendary will be tied to Al'Akir. Makes sense considering how the first legendary was tied to Ragnaros, and they're both elemental lords.

Also, the reason Aegwynn doesn't have much to do with the expansion's story is because she's DEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!