Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lil Rag or the new moonkin pet?

Has anyone bought either of the new pets? If I am kind of poor and can only afford one, which one would you suggest? I'm leaning towards ragnaros, but wasn't sure if the moonkin did anything cool. Thanks!

The moonkin supposedly dances with you if you /dance at it, and half of the money goes to sick children. If you buy only one and its rag, you are announcing to the world "yeah, I'm ok with cancer."

10+ Year Old Account
    moonkin
    reasons:
    1) its cuter ^^
    2) the actually follows you when you move
    3) it dances with you
    4) half the money goes to charity
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

if i had to buy one i'd go with Rag, he's much better looking

there's a reason they added the 50% giveaway to the less-cool pet.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

I would buy either, but I personally think Rag looks cooler.

They're both cool, but I would get the Moonkin

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    The moonkin supposedly dances with you if you /dance at it, and half of the money goes to sick children. If you buy only one and its rag, you are announcing to the world "yeah, I'm ok with cancer."
    I assume that every decision this poster makes is influenced by how it impacts the world around him/her... or perhaps more accurately what it says to the world (because appearances are much more important than actual content, amirite?). Does that mean everyone around the world that buys a combustion engine vehicle is announcing to the world "yeah, I'm ok with destroying the ozone."?

I have both. The moonkin does the Laser Chicken dance when you /dance with it. However Ragnaros looks cooler, follows you underground to sprout back up whenever you stop, and doubles as a cooking fire.

Ralamus really Go moonkin its still cool And helps CANCER

Well, Lil' Rag is a badass mini version of one of the coolest bosses in WoW.

But look his wittle moonkin eyes! D'awwwww!

I'd have to go with the moonkin

Neither. Save your $10. It's a friggin non-combat pet.

Rag is a free cooking fire. He is the elemental lieutenant of fire.

Also any of us who raided him every weekend for a few years back in the day always dreamed of enslaving him.
    DAS POOP!

Just get them both there only 10 bucks.

Also i got the Moonkin for my wife without her knowing and she found it in her mailbox and started yelling in trade they were giving free moonkin pets away........

They're both awesome. Rag is huge and looks great. He also sets fire to critters and can help cook.
    Problem with him is the way he moves imo. If you're running somewhere he'll constantly pop up behind you, wait a few seconds, pop back underground andstart following again.

The moonkin is extremely cute and dances. He also plants flowers occaisionally.

If I had to choose I'd go for the moonkin, but Rag is a good choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    if i had to buy one i'd go with Rag, he's much better looking

there's a reason they added the 50% giveaway to the less-cool pet.
    actually, they would probably have made much for cash if they would have done the 50% charity donation to the ragnaros. every vanilla play that remembers ragnaros would want this. me being one of those people, i want it too, but, i think im gonna wait a while so i dont wait in line forever lol. prolly gonna buy it next week if the queue aint too long. =P

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Munki View Post
    Just get them both there only 10 bucks.

Also i got the Moonkin for my wife without her knowing and she found it in her mailbox and started yelling in trade they were giving free moonkin pets away........
    lawl, thats pretty good actually XD

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 06:08 PM ----------

but yeah, the moonkin is cool too, but i personally like ragnaros better (plus, he can be used as a cooking fire!) =D and he grows a little bit too if u stand still long enough.
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ragnaros is cool for little boys who like T-rex and T-shirts with skulls on them. Get the baby moonkin. He's a god damn beast!

and hey, speaking of moonkins, am i the only one here who hates the troll moonkin form? its a crappy knock off of the night elfs?? whats with the antlers?? they should have done green and blue, with an awesome red mohawk, and tusks too. would have looked so much more kickass lol.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airique View Post
    Ragnaros is cool for little boys who like T-rex and T-shirts with skulls on them. Get the baby moonkin. He's a god damn beast!
    yeah, i guess an owl is cooler than a giant ass fire elemental....... =P
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

If i were to ever get one it would have to be lil rag
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    In BC we had Blood Elves, which were pretty damn childish
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    i remember syphoning power from hellish beings and capturing and enslaving the very essence of what is good in the world to feed my crippling withdrawl to my addictions when i was a child

Quote Originally Posted by Airique View Post
    yeah, i guess an owl is cooler than a giant ass fire elemental....... =P

I have both,and I think the Moonkin is completely adorable! =) so my vote is obvious.. =P