Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adambguy View Post
    So as i shake in my chair waiting for cata a question that has been staying in my mind is how viable is arena gonna be in S9, i am wondering if any knows how many pieces of gear are gonna req. if any arena rating alone and how many pieces are gonna req any sort of raiting for that matter. if its what they have set up with the wrathful gear atm i will probaly find myself quiting because how much blizz gives away for no true skill.
    You will get gear that require rating. But you can get same stats on gear just from conquest points, the rating required gear just have a different looks, so it's looks and not stats that show what you have obtained and been up to.

If resilience is needed or not needed is still to find out. Depends on how they will keep the classes or not. If mages, warriors and rogues stay without nerfs and others stay the same, well it depends... try killing them with damage or try surviving them with resilience, either way it will be hard. With 3000+ resilience on beta they still manage to kill you rather quickly. Dunno if a holy pally or 2 in your team might make you stand a better chance =)

Quote Originally Posted by adambguy View Post
    ok... so a ton of you are not getting the point in my argument..... im not at all talking about pro players and 2k is nothing? are u kidding me its an accomplishment, i know all of you high rated players posting on this NEVER could have possibly been bad. I know you guys where alwease the 2.7k stud and never progressed into any of this?.......... any ways im talking about us normal joes and new players to the game. You cant just say your ethier going to be realy good at this game or your going to be bad. if that is how u look at this game im sorry but your very ignorant. u put lil minor things in the path to earn so your not intimitated by a ton of effort for nothing. that why this is new system sucks....

p.s if your getting on to flex your epeen, DONT! dont say your raiting maybe think from a diffrent view maybe think to back when u where just figuring out the game..................
    I'm trying not to blow up after reading this. Your argument makes zero sense and here is why... First, you say that you want minor things in the path so that people aren't intimidated. Well the new system is more of a prevention of intimidation than before. Think about it man. The old people would discourage new players immediately because if you go up against someone with better gear, but the same skill level, then you lose. With the new system, gear is quick and easy to obtain. This makes the newer people more welcome into arena. They don't queue, get destroyed and then say, "Arena favors the people that have been playing, and it doesn't give me a chance. I hate it." Think before you post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    There are still gear differences though. I suffer from severe altaholism. I don't care that I have a Gladiator Priest, I want a competitive Warrior too. Gearing up at the beginning of an expansion is much easier than near the end. Why? Because everyone starts on a fresh slate when they ding 85. However, halfway through S11, if I decide that my Priest, who's been top of the top for three seasons, isn't as fun as my new Shaman, then I have to start all over again. Only this time, I'm not fighting people in levelling blues and occasionally an AH/Crafted piece. I'm fighting against people with just as much gear as my Priest, and suddenly all the experience in the world can't stop me from dying in 3 seconds.

Gear is entirely relevant in the beginning. In fact, it's too relevant. In full PvP gear, once you have the basics to survive, you're right. The guy with Heroic Retardedly Overpowered In PvP Yet Obtained Through PvE Trinket won't outright dominate the guy with "Normal-Somewhat-Overpowered-In-PvP-Yet-Obtained-Throught-PvE-Trinket". It'll be a close fight, with a very -slight- advantage on the former, but one or two mistakes and the latter will prevail.

But comparing "400 Resilience through crafted Blues" Mage and "1500 Resilience through pre-liquidation-sale Wrathful Purples" Mage, and suddenly the expression 'carried by gear' becomes virtually unrecognizable from 'outplayed' because 'Blues Mage does half the damage and takes three times more'.

What I want is a system that doesn't penalyze rerolls, new players, and altoholics, yet still offers a rewarding system to people who display skill. Make the entry-level gear powerful enough that you can compete, and cheap enough that you don't spend weeks getting destroyed to obtain it.

This is a representation of the food chain (in my educated opinion), without regards to class imbalances or composition favoritism:

---Unskilled Fresh 80's with crap gear, PvP or PvE
    -
    --Skilled Fresh 80s with crap PvE gear
    -
    --Skilled Fresh 80s with crap PvP gear
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    --Unskilled 80s with nearly top-of-the-line PvP gear
    -
    -
    -
    -
    --Skilled 80s with nearly top-of-the-line PvP gear
    --Skilled 80s with top-of-the-line PvP gear

The fact that there are keyboard-turning Death Knights gemming Agility with 4/5 Wrathful that can AFK while their Ghoul kills my Warrior isn't a testament to skill. It says nothing of class balance. It doesn't mean Ghouls need a nerf, or Warriors need a buff. It isn't even close to representing the Warrior-DK Relationship in top-end Arena. What it means is "500 Resilience and 27k HP isn't enough to go toe-to-toe with a pet of a geared player. That 40k HP Ghoul swinging for 1k every second is about to rape your face, and even should you figure out how to kite it around, bleeding it to death, if that DK returns to his keyboard, you just became a free honor kill".

It's basic math. Dealing 50% less damage and taking 75% more is called a handicap, and at some point, it will allow an unskilled player to destroy the best player in the world. The fact that my Renew ticks harder than two Mortal Strike crits from a fresh 80 is enough to frustrate anyone, except me who makes a game out of counting how many 80s I can kite in circles before I'm forced to use Penance.

I'll reiterate: All I (and many others) want is to make entry-level PvP gear competitive and easy to get.
    I actually wanted this too, when I first heard they were implementing rated battlegrounds the first thought in my head was:

'Awesome! now if I start an alt with 0 rating I will only be qued against people with the same! No more random Zergfest premades^^'

Instead we have the clunky and seemingly senseless system that I don't even like the idea of.