Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I kind hated all the ripoff that they did...
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    The first wing? Mate go through the door behind XT, there are things inside. The first wing is more of the prototype for vehicle mechanics i guess, and Igniss & Razorscale just remind me of horrible achievements runs, but XT was once a very tricky fight and very memerable.

And yeah it was very long, and the difficulty imbalance between certain bosses during 3.1 was quite silly.

But Mimi/Firefighter , yogg and algy ("see your world through my eyes":0:0:0)are some of the most amazing bosses ever implemented, and the overall feel of the dungeon was just fantastic with loads of veriety, there isnt a single art asset in icc that comes close to anything in Ulduar.

If the only reason you ever went there was to do the weekly i can imagine it might not be so great but it really was a high point in raid design, just a shame the quality wasn't carried across the expansion.

Put simply, your thread is illogical
    Last edited by mmoc53a5d0407d; 2010-12-01 at 10:36 PM.

Sorry but i thought ULDUAR SUCKED .....my 2 cents IMO Kara > any other instance
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendoman View Post
    You are my soulmate
    <3 <3 Had to make two hearts, because one alone simply isn't justifiable.

ouch i rememeber the trash to Vezax i really hates those

Done in its correct place in the progression tiers at the correct gear level, Ulduar, in my opinion was the most epic, fun and satisfying raid in WOTLK.

I can see why you'd think otherwise now that it's faceroll content, but it will remain my favourite raid of Wrath.

I guess it's one of those "you had to be there" things. I'll always treasure my Starcaller title

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmu View Post
    I hate ulduar because my guild wiped 100+ times on pre-nerfed mimiron, nuff said?
    And after those 100 wipes we killed him. And I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO blizz hit the nail on the head with uld being a quality raid.

Ulduar was a pretty decent raid instance with some fresh fight mechanics, interesting bosses and above all the introduction of hard modes which rocked.

It felt SUPER AWESOME because what came after it was ToC.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Deleted
    blasphemy!

Deleted
    Ulduar. Is. The. Best. Raid. Blizzard. Has. Created.

loved the place it was my first real raid experience with my first true raiding guild.

Having said that, i hated that as a melee i had to strafe to kill the adds in the 'brain room's' (of the yogg saron fight) so i wouldnt get eye contact wtih that thing in the middle..because i dont use the keyboard to move my toon >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

People don't like Ulduar because it was too hard for them after the drooling retard spree that was Naxx. Bosses like Mimiron and Yogg were frankly beyond the capabilities of most of the people who hadn't actively raided t6 content in BC. It was a rude awakening.

That being said, Ulduar was (and still is) my favorite out of all the wrath raids. Finally getting firefighter and Algalon after struggling with them so long was a remarkably rewarding experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplekitti View Post
    Done in its correct place in the progression tiers at the correct gear level, Ulduar, in my opinion was the most epic, fun and satisfying raid in WOTLK.

I can see why you'd think otherwise now that it's faceroll content, but it will remain my favourite raid of Wrath.

I guess it's one of those "you had to be there" things. I'll always treasure my Starcaller title
    This x1000! Also, go past the first wing! Then again, going back to old content when it's faceroll material would make a place *seem* boring I guess if you never went there when it was current content. You kinda invalidated yourself by saying you only did 1 wing and not even when it was current.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Ulduar was absolutely epic... I loved it from the first sight, and I still love it... it had its faults for sure... Leviathan was kinda easy, Freya had A LOT OF TRASH (which was boring as mud after you cleared it once for the first time you went into her room), Mimiron's train should have been like a rollercoaster :P and to be honest this is all I can think of... compared to the list of bad things in ICC (which is like 10km long for me)... well you can't even compare it... Ulduar is a masterpiece for me ;]

Shame on you that you didn't play it...

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    I personally didnt play when Ulduar was released and i've only done the first wing but for me, it looks pretty boring.
    Can't really judge an entire raid based on the first four bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kartikeya View Post
    Nice pre-emptive "DO NOT FLAME ME".
    had to lol at that

Better than TOC in almost every way imo

Seriously?

Seriously?

Ok maybe if you're compairing it to say, Sunwell Plateau, it might lag a 'lil behind, but compared to the rest of the crap that Blizz shovelled us (Naxx2.0, Ony2.0, ToC, EoE), Ulduar is the Oasis of Raiding Paradise in a Desert of Boring raids.

Pssh. Udluar was awesome. First wing was kind of lame but the rest of the place was great. An actual dungeon with real art and challenging bosses. Also watching pugs in 264 gear wipe hard to 4T is hilarious.