Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmongers View Post
    Also you could choose so many difficulties on bosses and gain extra emblems or even the 226 hardmode drops. It was just a perfectly designed raid and Yogg is such an awesome boss to fight. The sound fiels on Yogg and Algalon are probably the best of the expansion.
    Plus ahving a hardmode only boss that is unlocked by having to do other hardmodes made it even more epic. I'm glad to see Sinestra will bring a hardmode only encounter to cata, I just hope the fight itself looks as epic as Algalon did, fighting in a room surrounded by stars and constelations really was the pinacle of Ulduar.
    yeah im excited to see that they brought back an "unlockable" boss. i cant wait to do it!
    ggg

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned above, it was the single handedly most completed raid instance of WoTLK.
    Trial and ICC can go screw themselves, even though ICC had some what RP value in it.. but meh.

I loved Ulduar when it was progression content! Even trucking around in machines for the first boss was a delight the first few times. It did get old pretty fast, but that's all of WoW. It's just difficult doing the same thing over and over and still being interested.

Yes I hated Ulduar. I really, really hated Ulduar, and it was the best raid in wotlk. That should give you an idea of what I thought about the rest of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rain View Post
    a girl can dream, can't he?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    I see all people saying Ulduar was so awesome and such, now i wanna know how many people thinks its bad!

I personally didnt play when Ulduar was released and i've only done the first wing but for me, it looks pretty boring.

I wanna know if you hate Ulduar and why. I'm not interested if you like Ulduar, i just wanna know why people think its bad.

I AM NOT SAYING ULDUAR IS BAD IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!

Edit: I've seen all of the tankspot videos ofc. So dont flame me for not SEEING it, or you dont flame at all and we could all have a nice community. ^^
    If you have only done the first wing, you have no opinion about how Ulduar visually looks, or how the fights are.

Ulduar was the best raid of wotlk by far. I did hate the trash in freya's room and the trash before vezak, but mimiron/firefighter, yogg, algalon, hardmode loot....sigh...it was an epic feeling when you raided ulduar, only raids i enjoyed that much were bt and ssc back in tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    Put simply, your thread is illogical
    win if you didnt get the algalon reference you never really did ulduar in its day

Ulduar is by far the best raid in the Wrath if not in the whole WoW itself.
    Really good boss encounters with the best lore IMHO ever. Whole Storm Peaks leads you to Ulduar, via 2 5-man dungeons you slowly reveal what's going on, and what you did after killing Loken. You summoned to Azeroth guy with a Reset-The-World button and now you have to find a way to actually save the world. Whole story around Yogg with him slowly taking controll over more and more people, turning them insane.
    And Ulduar itself is just EPIC. Just look how big everything is. How complicated.. You saw Mimirs train? I love every single piece of this raid and will do it even in Cata, just for that epic feeling, for story..

who remembers ignis trash pre nerf where the debuff would bounce around raid members and wouldnt be dispelled until you went in water now that was cool to bad they took it out like a week after release....

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Flame Leviathan but that's it. Ulduar is right behind Kara as my favorite instance that I've played.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    If you have only done the first wing, you have no opinion about how Ulduar visually looks, or how the fights are.
    He actually does have an opinion about it though. His opinion might have been different if he had done the whole instance, but as it stands, this is his opinion. You can either agree or disagree with it but you can't simply say the opinion isn't there in the first place.

hmm, i loved everything about it. except for maybe some of the trash. trash for Vezax comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    You need to learn to calm down. Your a fool for thinking that he was flaming. He wasn't flaming. He was in fact, making his current opinion known on the forums. Nothing wrong with it.

As to the OP: I do not know why the majority liked it but that is bullshit. Many people didn't get that far in the instance on current release, I am afraid we have the heroics to blame, as to the class mechanics that were stupidly confusing at the time.

As for myself, I didn't like it that much. Mostly because of all the horrible memories of me being in that god awful instance.
    You cant judge something you've never really done.
    Saying it sucks, bad, boring, bland and stupid without experiencing them first hand( or many times through) is not sound.

In any case, Ulduar was the hot blonde of the cheerleading squad. It did not focus on dragons, undead or vykrul. It was stunning with lore, visuals and boss fights. There was a reason for bosses being there and kills felt like an achievement. I even went in there 3 months ago to experience it again and I was not bored.

Now for ICC. Everythign wa a shade of blue. There were bosses for no reason to be there other than their relation to the Wings they were in. They had no back story and most bosses were tank and spank with taunting and "guess what this mob does!".

Just saying, not doing an instance fully through and saying you don't like it is just stupid. And seeing a raid video on tankspot and actually doing the fight is a big difference. Just because you know the mechanics doesn't mean that you know where to stand, minor abilities, anything that the camera person's PoV doesn't show. For example, if your PoV is someone who doesn't go into portals on yogg, you have no idea how awesome the different situations are in there.

If you haven't done more than the first wing, you are missing out. Ulduar is BY FAR the best raid in WotLK.
    The dust dreams of the world it had once been. But the dust, alas, does not command the wind.