Razer Naga, rebinding ALT key...anyone know how?

How do i set my button 4 on my razer naga mouse as an ALT key? I do not want to hit the alt key on my keyboard anymore, i want hit the ALT key on my razer naga mouse instead.
    Last edited by lansky52; 2010-12-01 at 10:42 PM.

i have no idea ill tell you after chirstmas cause that is when i have to set my Girlfriends up

Your Razor mouse comes with a cd that installs the appropriate software for it. All you have to do is run the installed software and it will let you configure all of your buttons. For future reference, every mouse follows this procedure.

Click the Naga setup map button, then click the "Gears" on the bar you want to adjust. from the dropdown choose "Key bindings", put the radio button to Alt.

This may not work if one is already set to alt. Be sure to check other bars to see if they are set to alt, if they are set to none.

*------------------------------OOPS-------------------------*

just re-read the post. you want button 4 to act as Alt? then you need to open the Out-Of-Game naga config, and set a macro to the 4 key.

However the mouse was not really designed to do this. It is intended to use the normal ctrl,alt,shift keys, to swap out the functions of all your buttons on the mouse to a complete second/third/4th hotbar.

I personally use bar 2-4 as Shift, CTRL, & ALT bars respectively.

In other words
    i press "1" and it does bar1 button #1
    i press shift 1 it does bar2 button #1
    I press ctrl 1 and it does bar3 button #1
    I press Alt 1 and it does bar4 button #1
    Last edited by PrawnStar; 2010-12-01 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    Can this be done with logitech mice aswell?

Deleted
    I don't have a naga, but I had problems when binding alt to my normal mouse buttons.
    I solved it by putting the cursor over where it says what button is binded to the ability - so it looked like

Autorun NumLock <blank>

I put the cursor over the blank one, then pressed Alt + mouse button. For what ever reason this fixed my problem. If I tried to do it -without- putting the cursor over it again it still didn't work.

Hope this works for you.

none of these work and razer naga does not come with a cd. I want to make my button 4 an ALT key. so when i press button 4 on my mouse its like pressing alt on my keyboard.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987MUZ0dmfU ... I use this, and it's just awesome!

ps: this IS a must-have for nearly everybody who is using WIN7 because of the alt+tabulator function which kinda SUCKS ingame, when playing with mod:alt macros. So here is the deal: download "SharpKeys" and change Tabulator with let's say " - " then you will be able to press Tabulator while pressing alt...very helpfull!

cheers Boby!

http://www.randyrants.com/sharpkeys/
    Last edited by mmoc7055f9f47f; 2010-12-01 at 10:57 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lansky52 View Post
    razer naga does not come with a cd.
    I can confirm it does not come with a CD as I just bought the mouse and there was none, and the page to download the driver on Razer's website was broken. I'll add that the mouse is totally overhyped. Wish logitech still made my old mouse.

OT: I have no idea how you'd bind alt to at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxiijay View Post
    Can this be done with logitech mice aswell?
    So long as it has SetPoint, yeah. I do it with mine.

edit: So long as you have SetPoint drivers installed, i mean. That was unclear.
    I am the Zen master. I am the calm, quiet little center of the universe.
    Valhallä - Jaedenar US

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla View Post
    the page to download the driver on Razer's website was broken.

OT: I have no idea how you'd bind alt to at this point.
    how is this broken? I just downloaded the drivers a few days ago for my new naga myself. As for how to bind alt to mouse button four, open up the out of game naga configuration utility (installed when you install the drivers from above url) and its under the first tab -> mouse grid view

Go to their website and download the software for it. Install it and open the software then go to Thumb Grid View on the first screen. From there you click on the option to change whichever button you want and to use alt as button select the 'single key' option and input the alt button on the box that comes up.

No its not there and also im not trying to bind the grid 4 but the button #4 which is not on the grid. Either way there is no option to bind the alt key. Go try it yourself.

broken? I just downloaded the drivers a few days ago for my new naga myself. As for how to bind alt to mouse button four, open up the out of game naga configuration utility (installed when you install the drivers from above url) and its under the first tab -> mouse grid view[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 11:01 PM ----------

Omg thanks man. That is just what i want. Thread closed!

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Go to their website and download the software for it. Install it and open the software then go to Thumb Grid View on the first screen. From there you click on the option to change whichever button you want and to use alt as button select the 'single key' option and input the alt button on the box that comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by lansky52 View Post
    No its not there and also im not trying to bind the grid 4 but the button #4 which is not on the grid. Either way there is no option to bind the alt key. Go try it yourself.

broken? I just downloaded the drivers a few days ago for my new naga myself. As for how to bind alt to mouse button four, open up the out of game naga configuration utility (installed when you install the drivers from above url) and its under the first tab -> mouse grid view

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 11:01 PM ----------

Omg thanks man. That is just what i want. Thread closed!
    If you want the 4th mouse button you simply change it from the Top View, which is the first screen that comes up when you open the software. Then follow the same steps I mentioned above.

You must use the drivers to rebind the ALT key to the 4 button on the Thumb Grid. No other way.
    Last edited by PrawnStar; 2010-12-01 at 11:07 PM.

Swifty made a video on how to do this, i'm really tierd and cba looking for it atm, but its on his channel somewhere

youtube.com/user/johnsju

I hope this helped you

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g2g591 View Post
    how is this broken? I just downloaded the drivers a few days ago for my new naga myself. As for how to bind alt to mouse button four, open up the out of game naga configuration utility (installed when you install the drivers from above url) and its under the first tab -> mouse grid view

I have a mac so the link you provided wouldn't have helped me. But to answer your question the link you provided doesn't seem to be broken. I downloaded my driver from a mirror, and the mac version on Razer's website seems to work now.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    If you missed it, this is what you do. Found this out the first time I configured my naga.