Cataclysm: The Kiting

There's been a lot of talk about dungeon becoming more demanding in Cataclysm and one of the reasons mentioned have been the need for kiting. Now, in all of this ambiguous talk about "more demanding/difficult/pro/omgwtfbbq" there's hardly ever any mentioning of details. I tried searching the forums just now for "kiting" and skimmed through some threads without any results. So here's the actual question (since I know quite a few of you have played the beta):

Which Dungeons/Bosses will require kiting?
    A: Ascendant Lord Obsidius in Blackrock Caverns, but others?

What kind of kiting is it?
    a) Do the mobs have to be slowed?
    b) Do the mobs have to be stunned?
    c) Can any class do it?

If you give me simple answers to these simple questions, I will edit this post to include the answers.

Disclamer: I fully realize that this might have been mentioned somewhere without me seeing it, but I'm telling you right now I did search for it before hand without finding anything more than this. Also, I'll have none of this "all of the classes can kite"-bullshit, because I'm wearing my no-bullshit-googles 8) ($5 bucks from ebay, so worth it) and I will simply not see any of these posts.
    bragging about sex is just like bragging about world first kills, people won't believe you until you release a video
    - Bibi

good lies are like good pants, you know they'll support you when you're busy spreading shit
    - Bibi

didn't do every instance on beta but from what i remember its only the ascendant lord encounter that requires any kiting.

its just his adds that need kiting and they just need to be slowed ranged is alot better for this rather than having say a warrior charge in hamstring then run away because they apply a healing recieved debuff (and they apply it really quickly)

Deleted
    as far as 5 mans go Ascendant Lord Obsidius is the only boss that has a kiting mechanic, u will have to kite 2 "mobs" in normal and 3 in heroic. Though there have been loads of times in beta where kiting has helped us kill bosses/trash packs after the tank or healer have died due to group mistakes.And honestly i was amazed by the amount of skill some of those dps had.Was great to watch while i was kissing the floor .

if blizzard hadn't catered to the children playing we wouldn't have to "bring back" kiting. I'm all for the change, I enjoy doing more than smashing buttons in a rotation

Bring back BWL type kiting bosses imo.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just that one boss, to my knowledge, but I suggest you get to learn to kite in all forms anyway 'cause you're gonna need it if you aggro multiple mobs in Uldum or the Twilight Highlands.

Rogue tanking was the best. Back in BWL we were on the second boss and our healers messed up and a tank died, so when we ran out of tanks the rogues where next on the aggro table and we all tanked the boss until he was dead. Go go evasion!

Quote Originally Posted by flyonthewall View Post
    c) Can any class do it?
    I'm a veteran player (2005), and when I see a question like this, it just makes me chuckle a bit. Ranged will always have the advantage when it comes to kiting instance mobs. Any class can keep a mob busy long enough for the group to react, but it requires a keen awareness of the surroundings and the ability to use all of the tools in your toolbox. In most cases, if a mob gets loose or a tank dies, as long as whoever's next on the threat list is paying attention, most mobs can be controlled just fine. All of the new talents have given players all sorts of fun things to use to keep a wipe from happening.

I mention that I'm a veteran player only because of poor itemization during Vanilla and the ever present Mr. Murphy meant that you had to be quick on your feet if you didn't want your dungeon run to take three hours.