Reason to not faction change?

TL;DR What do you feel are the major benefits of the faction that you belong too? Why would you never faction change?

When i started out playing wow i only wanted to play horde. Back then none of my friends played and i was new so i didn't do many dungeons or play in any groups. After the game started becoming more popular my friends started leaving their older mmo's and coming to wow. Unfortunately they all wanted to play alliance and i was the only one who wanted to be horde so i did what at the time seemed unthinkable and faction changed to the alliance.

With the direction of cataclysm, blizzards focus on pvp and esports and the competition coming out soon pretty much all of my friends are leaving the game and now im left with a decision do i faction change back to the horde or stay alliance.

There are only a few reasons i can think of to stay alliance.

1. worgen Originally i was going to stay ally because i really liked where blizzard was going with worgen but decisions were made things needed to change and now im not sure this is a good reason.
    2. Faction changes cost money. Sure it not a ton of money but moving 4 toons would cost me $100 bucks
    3. some minor rep loses after the faction change

Right now i can think of many more reasons why i should go back to the horde.

1. Undercity this is easily my favorite place in the entire game and now its even better.
    2. Tol barad i'm not big on pvp but on average it seems like the horde wins pvp objectives more often. With the new player cap changes i can imagine the horde is going to own this zone most of the time giving you more chances to do the dailies.
    3. goblin trike is sweet i know this alone is a stupid reason but combined with the many other reasons it is a factor.
    4. cataclysm is seeming like the horde expansion. I know this point is debatable and highly subjective and that for the most part the changes are balanced but without to much arguing i think everyone can admit the horde is getting a slightly larger update. Granted i think they need it since the last two expansions were seemingly the opposite.
    5. the races of the horde are more appealing to me in my personal opinion

In the end maybe this is just another case of the grass is always greener but it just seems like this is the perfect time to migrate back where i have always felt like i should be. I just want to get people's honest opinions from both sides about what they wish they had from the other sides and most importantly what are the major benefits for you being in the faction you in.

ill make this short...If you feel like Horde is where you will have more fun, go Horde. In the end its you 15$ a month, do what you like!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was you I would go horde. If you like the look of worgen you can always make an alt later.
    I'm Alliance myself, but I do agree that the horde get more on lore etc in cata. Besides, if you feel horde go horde!!

Cata is a time for change!

Number one reason to not faction change - Money

Most of the time you end up needing to server change too. If i went Ally i would not want to be on my Horde 80% pop server so it would be a server and faction change and thats what like 50/60 bucks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munki View Post
    Number one reason to not faction change - Money

Most of the time you end up needing to server change too. If i went Ally i would not want to be on my Horde 80% pop server so it would be a server and faction change and thats what like 50/60 bucks?
    Being on that kind of server you should server change even if you were horde :P But yea, I have faction changed and server changed too many characters now just because I was lazy and didn't wanna level again. Still have a lvl77 mage I would like to transfer and faction change but can't put 45 euros anymore to that fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    But i play both horde and alliance, same classes, why waste money on FC when you can lvl?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

I hope and pray that people who faction changed to Horde in BC just for Blood Elves will faction change in Cata for Worgen. This will eliminate droves of idiots from the Horde side and bring population balance to my realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    But i play both horde and alliance, same classes, why waste money on FC when you can lvl?
    The biggest reason to not roll horde, Is the queue times for pvp. Its been getting worse since they added faction transfer. I can only hope that people will come to their sense when the rbg queue horde side becomes ridiculous and finally switch back to alliance so we can have a decently balanced queue time. Also with tol barad and wg new queue, theres only disadvantage to being the high pop faction. Once people get bored of these problems, it will balance out im sure.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    I hope and pray that people who faction changed to Horde in BC just for Blood Elves will faction change in Cata for Worgen. This will eliminate droves of idiots from the Horde side and bring population balance to my realm.
    Hey now, i was just tired of shaman and paladin could only be BE :<<

From what I read it looks like you really want to play horde again.

But what if your friends stay on Alliance? Or what if they quit and come back after 2-3 months? If you faction change everything right away you might end up with no character to play with them when they return.

My friends play alliance so I play alliance. The end.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    My friends play alliance so I play alliance. The end.
    Same here

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

I won't change factions simply because I don't like horde's village style camps/cities.

Goblin mount looks like barrel on wheels.

Alliance has noble and civilized feel (just check new SW), while Horde is just ruthless bunch of orcs... some people may like it... and I don't care. Me likes Alliance