Smile Gear from Northrend to Cata.

I know. Smite me for another gear question. But I'm rerolling right now, started tuesday and I'm 74 right now. I'm leveling prot on my warrior. and I'm wondering with Cata so close and me hitting 80 probably sometime this week or weekend, I clearly won't have gear from raiding. So I'm wondering, I know the mobs in Cata hit pretty hard and have a ton of health. so will the gear I have from questing in Northrend be sufficent enough to get the first level or so done in Cata till I'm even with everyone who has replaced their ICC gear with greens and what not.
    Stream: Gurkalicious

If you plan to level prot you shouldn't have a problem at all. But it won't take long for you to swap out all your northrend gear for new gear from cata so in general it shouldn't be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mobs in Hyjal and Vashj'ir are designed with fresh 80s in mind, don't worry. It may be a little difficult early on, but you'll replace your Northrend gear pretty fast. It's really not until Deepholm that the mobs get scary.

Alright thanks guys. It's kinda weird making the switch from my geared warrior to my not even 80 one yet hehe. (Cheaper and more fun that Faction and Server xfer :P)
    Stream: Gurkalicious

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    The mobs in Hyjal and Vashj'ir are designed with fresh 80s in mind, don't worry. It may be a little difficult early on, but you'll replace your Northrend gear pretty fast. It's really not until Deepholm that the mobs get scary.
    Really? I heard you were to try and get atleast i232s to make it go easy.
    I dont think it would be fun to go in there with a mix of ilvl i138s-180s :/
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'