Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you ask me, RNG should increase, but diminish over time. Let the lucky people get theirs, and let the people who work for it get a better chance.

lol i goten 9 of thos orbs and ran it 50-70 time seen 6 mounts, and 37pets.
    Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Orb without trying to get it. I was after the mount when I got it XP
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Just have to keep on at it. I farmed that place a good six months before that stupid orb dropped. Sad thing is the white hawkstrider and phoenix hatchling both dropped at least a dozen times :I

15+ Year Old Account
    45kills - 1orb - 2pets - 0mounts

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Ah, the Orb.

Long ago, I received not one, not two, but three orbs in a row on successive Heroic solo clears.

I was playing a Blood Elf.

You can still use the orb to gender swap.

Quote Originally Posted by MVF View Post
    I read this thread and thought, I'll give it a shot as I don't have it on my main character. First boss, cheers easy!
    LOL I came here to say the same thing, except mine was on the last boss. I feel somewhat bad about it because I dont really care for the orb on my druid alt.

Also are you 100% positive you have it on heroic?

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Earlier this year during the summer time I soloed H MGT for over a week to get exalted with Shattered Sun for the tabard and I seem to recall within the first couple of runs I had the orb drop for me. So overall it seems like it's not that hard to drop and possibly drops a lot more then, say, the battered hilt does in ICC 5 man heroic's.

Your gettin buck wild

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell id trade that damn orb for a mount any day!

Deleted
    Lol, sucks for you mate. I've seen it drop loads of time while farming the mount I'm Blood Elf though, so it does no effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    make suer you loot the other bosses, they have a chance to drop the orb too
    I think he does with the 380 chances of a drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just a random drop period. It also drops off the trash. I got mine off a trash pull, actually.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck an orb ive never even SEEN it

just keep at it man...about a year ago i started farming strat for the mount, took me 736 kills to get it (hooray for stats tab >_<)

It took ages for me to get it as well. Oddly enough my guild leader had TWO drop from KT at once. xD

500-600 Baron kills prior to the buff of the drop rate of his mount. 97 kills post drop rate buff. Farmed Ravenlord, Tiger, Raptor, Hawkstrider, Polar Bear, among others...two Time-Lost Proto-Drakes...70 KT kills ain't gettin' ya any sympathy from me!

15+ Year Old Account
    15 MGT runs on my DK and the mount dropped twice, with the pet dropping the first try and the orb dropping at some point off the first boss for me. Lucky i guess, although I have yet to see the Baron mount after 100 tries or the Raven mount after around 30 tries. My friend got the first MGT mount though, so thats why I kept trying until it dropped the second time.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    If you ask me, RNG should increase, but diminish over time. Let the lucky people get theirs, and let the people who work for it get a better chance.
    This idea is very intuitively appealing, where drop percentage is not necessarily a constant but could ramp up slowly over time as a function of unsuccessful trials. I think the reason they don't do something like that is probably computational, because keeping track of this would essentially require a gigantic character record where a field is maintained to record the unsuccessful tries on every applicable drop.

This may have been said and I may of missed it, if so I am sorry but remember a 1% drop rate does not mean that you WILL get one if you kill him 100 times, it means that each time you kill it they have a 1% chance to drop it, so I won't go into explaining the whole deal but yeah you are NEVER guaranteed an item to drop if killed enough the chance that it will drop by x many kills goes up to 99.99999 repeating that you will get it but there is always that .00000000000000001 chance that it will not drop.