Fishing in Cataclysm

Can anyone give me an idea as to how fishing is looking for Cataclysm? I took the time to level fishing on one character in WOTLK - but I felt that its importance became overshadowed by the widespread use of feasts in raids. I know that fish feasts were derived from fishing obviously - but it felt like this was its only use because I didn't see many players take the time to buy specific food. This now seems the same with Cataclysm - with a feast that provides "90 Stam + 90 of another relevant stat". This may make fishing worthwhile, but is it going to be all about feasts and really nothing else?

Some fish can also be used in alchemy but I think I agree with you in that there's not really another use for them at the moment. At least not from what I've seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same old, as far as I've seen. Digging the new clicker icon though. Still a fair ways from 425 fishing myself, as its a chore I seldom find the time to immerse myself into. But it has its same old food buffs use.
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly its up to the Op if they want to lvl fishing personally I enjoy it, who knows maybe they could implement another lurker type boss were you had to fish them up =P

Feasts are nice but it's everyone's responsibility to come prepared to the raid. Too many people are spoiled with fish feasts and have come to expect them to be laid down every time they step into a raid or die. They were never the best food for every class in Wrath anyway yet everyone still used them rather than bringing a food buff that was relevant to their class/roll.

It's quite sad when a player will go without a food buff rather than level cooking and fishing themselves or buying their own food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.