So there are two Hakkars

Hakkar the houndmaster and Hakkar the soulflayer. Two different entities, one is from the burning legion and the other is a troll god. Apparently Metzen messed this up and made a public apology. Somewhat interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Both were made like 5 years ago. When did Metzen apologize?

This is the first I've heard of this. Sources?

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Knaak made Hakkar the houndmaster before Hakkar the Soulflayer was created. Acording to knaak "Metzan must have liked the name and used it again". They are two seperate entities

Eh? This is old news, so why did Metzen apologize?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archelios View Post
    Hakkar the houndmaster and Hakkar the soulflayer. Two different entities, one is from the burning legion and the other is a troll god. Apparently Metzen messed this up and made a public apology. Somewhat interesting
    This is correct

http://www.wowpedia.org/Hakkar_the_Houndmaster
    According to an interview with Richard A. Knaak, who wrote the War of the Ancients Trilogy, Hakkar the Houndmaster and Hakkar the Soulflayer are two different entities:

Hakkar first existed in The Well of Eternity, as Hakkar the Houndmaster, my creation. Blizzard must have liked the name, because they accidentally took the name afterward for the troll god. Chris Metzen apologized for the mix-up at the L.A. Festival of Books.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, who cares anymore? Hakkar was removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Apparently Knaak made Hakkar the houndmaster before Hakkar the Soulflayer was created. Acording to knaak "Metzan must have liked the name and used it again". They are two seperate entities
    Interesting. Thank you.

Yeah, this is pretty old. Though I find it odd that Knaak-attack actually cared to point that out. What was he disappointed a bit character's name was used before his pet characters, Krasus and the ever loathed Rhonin "please go die in a ditch somewhere, you Mary Sue." Redhair even appeared in-game? I will not dignify him by giving his even more Sueish name of Rhonin Dragonheart (which was provided in a foreign language for more sue-points). Not to mention Hakkar the Soulflayer was actually pretty damn awesome. Metzen admitted the mistake and apologized to Metzen because you know it's inconceivable that two people have the same name. Plus Blizzard totally cares about what one hack writer says despite them owning the intellectual property, it being their game and story after all.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conzin View Post
    Actually, it's hinted the Blood God may make a return. Zul'Gurub being a setback after all.
    Last edited by Zervziel; 2010-12-02 at 02:02 AM.

like a puff of hot air from the lips of a ghost in the shadow of a unicorn's dream

I just have to ask, why does it matter? They didn't make their names in the WoW character creation menu. They can have the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Conzin View Post
    He is in sunken temple still.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Sorry but its a name like another.. It happens that there is more then one guy using the same name. Even tho from a story telling standpoint it might get confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a name damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervziel View Post
    Actually, it's hinted the Blood God may make a return. Zul'Gurub being a setback after all.
    Of course it is *sigh*
    Apparently it doesn't make any sense in WoW for someone to just stay dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Of course it is *sigh*
    Apparently it doesn't make any sense in WoW for someone to just stay dead.
    To be fair, Hakkar is a god...
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Eh? This is old news, so why did Metzen apologize?
    Aye. Why apologize? I know like 4 Mike's.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Misleading title is misleading
    I was expecting a noobish story about 2 hakkar-eu players....
    For those who don't know Hakkar players, they are from an italian server in my battlegroup.
    Grouping up with them useally means getting a few noobs who can't speak English (in all fairness, there are good players on that server) and seeing things you've never seen before