wait command for macros

Is there any kind of "wait" command for macros? like /cast divine shield wait 0.1 sec and cancelaura divine shield?

No.

There exists the /in function, which will wait a certain time then perform something like a say command or an emote, but no legal macro will allow you do to anything beyond a cosmetic level in terms of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursedfate View Post
    Is there any kind of "wait" command for macros? like /cast divine shield wait 0.1 sec and cancelaura divine shield?
    The /in was used to avoid res sickness before, but I am not sure if it works like that anymore, and that was definitely more than cosmetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    You may be able to do a /in 0.1 /cancelaura Divine Shield.

I'm not sure.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    No.

There exists the /in function, which will wait a certain time then perform something like a say command or an emote, but no legal macro will allow you do to anything beyond a cosmetic level in terms of waiting.
    I just discovered this command the other night, accidentally. Almost six years of playing and I had no idea you could do delayed text.

If you want to wait a second between commands, use a castsequence macro. In this case, you could set it so that if you cast Divine Shield it pops up, but if you press the button again within any set amount of time, that it will cancel it.

#showtooltip Divine Shield
    /castsequence reset=120 Divine Shield
    /cancelaura Divine Shield

Not sure if it would work with two separate commands like that, though. No way to test it.
    For the Alliance!

You could can make a macro that cancels Divine Shield when you click it twice.
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield

The /in command is not provided by the default UI but I believe by the Ace Library.
    That is why you did not discover it sooner, since it is being provided via one of your addons.
    It can only do a very limited amount after a delay, with a message being the usual choice due to restrictions to prevent too much automation.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In fact, /in is part of the Ace2 library, and once those are no longer in use (due to the development team focusing on Ace3) it'll likely go the way of the dodo, afaik.

Limitations on /in is that it can't be used to cast a spell or do an action on a delay - it's mostly just useful for delaying text notices (a friend of mine uses it for a Pulling in 3.. 2... 1..." macro).

Deleted
    they used to have this kinda thing back in vanilla but realized that it would be way to easy to "macro bot" via it.

Deleted
    /in cannot be used to do any non-automationable action (protected or h-req).

15+ Year Old Account
    this might be posable.

as canceling a buff is not a protected action in the ui atleast i think now

so it have tobe something whit delayed lua function witch has tobe inside an addon and it does not fit in a single marco
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Cancelling a buff is protected since 4.0.1.

What all these guys said, the macrosystem does not have a 'wait' command anymore, this is done so that it's impossible to truly macro up your rotation/utility so good that it is basically cheating.