Page 1 of 2
LastLast

cat min maxing: best end game professions PVE HL wise?

what is the best combo for cata? blacksmith/jewelcrafter? blacksmith/engineer? other?

please help me, thank you for your time

I've heard bracer enchants are not great so possibly LW. But no combo gives you as much customization as BS/JC. For instance if Mastery ever outscales Agility than your bonus now gives Mastery instead of Agility.

For a healer I would suggest Alchemy/Engineering or Herbing/engineering

The trinkets alchemy is getting are pretty nice, and the mana injectors from engineering would work well with the boost you get from alchemist stone. along with the haste, rocket boots, and the mount from both, would be interesting

Herbing would be a self heal and haste for 15 secs that would be used with treeform. Im leaning to alch/engineer myself

for CAT not healer please

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheway View Post
    Engineering/JC
    why ?

im a LW and JC as a rogue, and it was great for Wotlk, hoping to stay the same for cata

bs/jc for the customization possibility..
    OR if you're a mana user just go classic tailoring/ench and you can't ever go wrong :P

Unless Blizzard opts to change the existing bracer enchants available to everyone, the best combo will be LW and JC.

LW gives 130 agility /195 Stamina. I think thats is the single highest boost from a "profession" .
    Skinning on the otherhand is going to be very meh, with just a silly passive crit bonus.
    LW/JC would be the best combo imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    other classes get 65 rating on bracers while LW's are getting 130 agi

so we gain 65 stat points in the form of agility. and we replace the 65 stat points of crit for agility,

other profesion give 80 stat points in the form of agility so LW get 15 less in term of stat points
    but LW also replace 65 crit for 65 crit, while agility beeying a lot better then crit. this will give LW the best benefit.
    especaily if at a certain point they introduce epic gems and buff all the profesion only enchants :P

as for 2nd profesion i would go for engineering as thier enchants stack whit otherwhit normal enchant and they got a nice helmet / cogwheel gems :P however its it unsure if blizzard will add a new engineer helm each tier
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

i really would like a definitive answer from an vhl raid player

LW + take what you like. JC will most likely be a very powerful prof with it

EJ says :
    Q: What professions should I use?
    A: Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting are the best professions for cats. Alchemy provides the next best benefit. Engineering is arguably better than Alchemy as it provides not only Hyperspeed Accelerators and Frag Belts but it also gives you the extra movement from Nitro Boots. Tailoring is the next best. Leatherworking, Inscription, Enchanting tie for last place.
    is this outdated?

Agi scales so well for us that nothing comes close to leatherworking with it's new AGI wrist enchant on a slot where there's not even an equivilent non proffession enchant.

The people who play cats for high end raiding, the majority is going LW/JC for obvious reasons stated above with the bracer enchant. Engineering would be an arguable profession.

Choose what you want but the consensus of raiding cats is LW/JC/Engineering

If you plan on healing or tanking with an offspec i would say JC/BS. I have those on my Pally and they are very accomodating for any spec/role.

I believe he has said a few times he wanted opinions for Cat. If you are planning for an offspec then you aren't optimizing your mainspec.

Deleted
    LW is a must-have atm, since it replaces 65 crit rating with 130 agility on bracers. Every point of crit rating is worth about 1.1 dps, while every point of agility is worth 3.3 dps. So 130*3.3 - 65*1.1 = 430 - 70 = 360 dps.
    BS/Ench/Inscr/Alch are all worth 80 agility = 265 dps.
    JC is worth 3x27 = 81 agility = 267 dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that Blizzard will put some better bracers enchants into cata with one of the first patches, as they did with the 40 stamina on bracers in wrath. That or the mmo-champion and wowhead enchanting recipies aren't complete (which I don't really believe).

Leatherworking provides 130 agility, strenght or intellect, or 195 stamina on bracers, where otherwise the only available enchants give haste, crit, exp, hit or spirit. Every class wants primary stats MUCH more then secondary stats usually (that's why they are secondary...) so having one profession give primary stats in a slot where otherwise only secondary ones are available, makes the profession rather imba.

Every profession gives about 80 primary stats as a self only bonus. Yet LW gives 130 for the small loss of ~50 rating of a secondary stat (which won't be much in percent at level 85).

With 195 stamina over some hit or expertise, I can see a lot of plate tanks respeccing to leatherworking just for that bonus, which I don't think big B will really like.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!