Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i kept thinking it was my modem, it was picking up i had latencey issues this side. usually if its from Blizzards end, i just Randomly DC

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Raidcomp update is great, but I found an error: Curse of Weakness does not belong to the "physical damage incoming" buff category. It's a debuff.
    A debuff on the boss is a buff for the raid (I get what you mean though <3)

Also, Gilneas is now my wallpaper.

Loving the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Well the new BG brackets are kinda a good idea, true is that level 48-49 is a god against poor 40ies but this will possibly increase the queue by quite a lot more... Poor horde.
    With the imbalance of Alliance populations over horde and much broader battlegroups, horde queues will be a lot shorter than alliance. Might still be long with the bg level ranges split, but might be more people are willing to do it when they aren't getting punted by the larger ability/equipment gaps that existed before.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    Typically inane and politically correct GC post filled with strawmanning and specious logic

I wasn't aware my Vengeance buff in any way scaled with anyone's gear but my own
    To some extent it will scale with the tier of content you are on, because the mobs will be hitting harder and more often in later tiers as a way to task the healers' gear-improved abilities. Its still affected by your max hp of course, but thats the cap of the buff. Lower tier mobs that no longer hit you as hard or often, may not buff your AP fully.

Mob damage has to be scaled to give you max AP contribution even with your higher stam and avoidance. That AP boost needs to bring you within a reasonable threat range of similarly geared dpsers and the incoming damage causing it needs to be reasonably healable by similarly geared healers.

Bottomline, its more than just your gear that will matter.

"Believe it or not, we want tanking to be fun."

in what way is it fun now spec as a warrior tank when u have paly/dk tanks in the guild that throw out an extream high dps. its abit fecked when a dk/paly tank almost out dps my fury warr in a hc, and my warr aint crap geared and i do know how to play fury.
    and its extreamly hard to keep up on threat when tanking as warr with a dk/paly tank in a raid, had a guildy that gets close to 100k hits with his abilites im not even close on my warr, my tank gear isnt crap either and think my highest hit is like 25k(maybe close to 30) and its very rare i see those numbers.

can only hope it gets more balanced in cata cause atm warriors bin butt f****d abit to much for my taste, even in the lastest update the palys got buffed since they now can hit mobs behind them without even turning around, like conc wasnt enough.....

if this is the future blizzard want for warriors then they are a dying class
    Last edited by lanceb; 2010-12-02 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaia View Post
    Sorry if it's a stupid question but is the new BG brackets something they will introduce at Cata release or did i miss something?
    wow is gay

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
    That last picture shown there looks almost identical to several Magic the Gathering cards edited and combined into one.. makes me wonder if any of the Blizzard artists have also worked for Wizards. :P
    The top right picture of the goblin is by Greg Staples who has done hundreds of MTG cards. I couldn't find any art by Glen Rane in the MTG Gatherer on their site though.

BG fix was a great idea, and with merging all battle groups there will be not as long as queue, win, win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Longer times, by a damn good amount......such a piss poor idea.
    For Reckoning battlegroup the queues have shortened by half, and we actually get BGs like Alterac Valley through random! So I'd actually research before making claims, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I love the new raid comp update, looks great.

Planning on running this comp in 10s in Cata:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000
    Oo.. Why the two Holy palas?

Ghostcrawler says : "The problem is that in later tiers the mages and rogues in the raid accumulate gear that continues to increase their damage, while the tank chooses gear that increases her survivability"

Wow, this made me laugh.
    So here is what dev thinks - mages and rogues are the only good dps. He also thinks that they are the tops dps and causes threat issues to the tanks. I would agree about mages, but normally what rips threat from the tanks are warriors. So that kind of makes me think that dev does not really know this game too well

So here is what dev thinks - mages and rogues are the only good dps. He also thinks that they are the tops dps and causes threat issues to the tanks. I would agree about mages, but normally what rips threat from the tanks are warriors. So that kind of makes me think that dev does not really know this game too well
    ehm... do you really think it'd sound better as "mages, rogues, arms warriors, fury warriors, enh shamans ... (enter every single dps spec)"? He needed any example of dps class that obvious enough as dps without any specifications on spec, etc. Why do some ppl need to find any small point on proving "blizz hates my class", "blizz never play wow", etc? >.< I can understand when there's something like nerfs - at least it's understandable emotion, emorage and such that pushes some players to say something illogical. But here? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Longer times, by a damn good amount......such a piss poor idea.
    Someones mad that they wont be 1 shotting level 31's with their 39 twink anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Grimraven View Post
    Ghostcrawler says : "The problem is that in later tiers the mages and rogues in the raid accumulate gear that continues to increase their damage, while the tank chooses gear that increases her survivability"

Wow, this made me laugh.
    It was an example. He picked two random DPSers and used those. Would you rather he said: "The problem is that in later tiers the <deep breath> Mages, Rogues, Fury and Arms Warriors, Kitty and Boomkin Druids, Hunters, Enhancement and Elemental Shamans, Frost and Unholy DKs, Ret Pallies, Shadow Priests, and Warlocks in the raid accumulate gear.." It doesn't really flow does it?

On topic of RaidComp: is it intended to assume the buff as "maybe" in some cases, where it's almost 100%? Like if you put a paladin and a druid, there's still only "maybe" on AP% (and somehow it's green for mana part of the buff).
    Or 3% damage buff from BM hunter only "maybe", even thought it's only 1 point talant and linked to dps increase talant, so even those who would like to skip double buff would likely take that point.
    Also setting any class into frame will show stamina and stats buffs as possible - is that supposed to be runescrolls and drums? If so, better to show that somehow in buff list.

With these BG bracket changes it will now take even longer for the queues to pop...

Dang so many people beat me to posting about the mm and sv hunter lol

Deleted
    Why in raidcomp hunter not removing Enrage and Magic?

hm... 15 hunter, 4 class total full buff raid anyone?
    *raidcomplink*/?c=eeecb777777777777777ooooo000000000000000 (damn that rule to no links untill 15 posts)

15+ Year Old Account
    Like the BG change. And makes sense since you wont get much hp's when killing a lower level. eg 38 vs 32, now they just won't match up.