Bind on Account Gear

So why hasn't blizzard made it so I can send it over servers? I mean I can send it to a Horde toon and Blizzard wants more realm balance but they don't do anything about it. I would much rather level somewhere that I can use my BoA gear. I should be allowed to send BoA gear to anyone on any server.

What do other WoW players think about this?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Brickslol
    Hopefully Glad Season 9!!! RLS WOO!!!

p.s. 2s and 5s take little to no skill, just good pve gear

most likely because they would have to limit it to something like individual battlegroups. Because sending an item from one faction on the same server to another is a LOT less complicated then sending an item to any server from any other server. There is a reason they charge you for character moves, and it is not just because they want money.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    most likely because they would have to limit it to something like individual battlegroups. Because sending an item from one faction on the same server to another is a LOT less complicated then sending an item to any server from any other server. There is a reason they charge you for character moves, and it is not just because they want money.
    Nah its just because they want money

It probably takes them two seconds to press a button that server xfers or faction changes.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Brickslol
    Hopefully Glad Season 9!!! RLS WOO!!!

p.s. 2s and 5s take little to no skill, just good pve gear

10+ Year Old Account
    They are trying to get it so we can do that. I think it would be very taxing on the server. First it would have to pull up the server list. Then It would have to pull up both the horde and alliance population. They would then have to send it to that server, while processing other people's cross-server mail.

While it looks fairly simple on paper, it would require alot of work. That and they said that the mail carriers are just to lazy to go to different realms.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldnt work as ull send it to a char with a certain name and if many others have that same name the postman would get confused

i think i read somewhere (source: internet hehe) that they haven't figured out yet how to get this "send to other server" thing to work *cough* anyway at the moment BOA heirlooms for leveling are not really necessary imho because you level fast enough without them (too fast for some actually).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    wouldnt work as ull send it to a char with a certain name and if many others have that same name the postman would get confused
    nah they wouldn't get confused you would simply use the same format as emails from different domains ie
    lockblock@realmname or maybe lockblock-realmname sorta like how you do cross server msg while in bgs or lfd

A quick (maybe) fix to all the people who want BoA gear on there cross server alts would be to make BoA gear actually bind to your account like certain pets do. Like Deathy or the celestial steed. You'd log in with a lot of mail if you had them all, but you could keep what you want and delete what you don't. The in game gear you buy could give you a code you could type in to your battle.net account page, and voila! Every toon on every realm would have the heirlooms. Making re-rolling anywhere a breeze.

It would also make things easier on alt-o-holics like myself. As I wouldn't have to shuffle my heirlooms around all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Before they started merging Battlegroups I would have agreed with you on the first part but now that I'm seeing people from 2-3 other servers that weren't in my battlegroup I don't think that limitation would hold any water. Transferring data from one server to another can be pretty time consuming but having your mail triggering some form of flag that caused the sent item to be deleted on one server and recreated on another I wouldn't imagine would be too difficult, I could be wrong though I'm done minimal work with servers and large databases.