Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No they arent ruining the game.. they're getting better at developing the game. so faster expansions make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I thought it was 2 years between each expansion?

WoW Vanilla: 2004
    WoW Burning Crusade: 2006
    WoW WoTLK: 2008
    WoW Cataclysm: 2010
    BC was in January of 07

and no they are not ruining the game
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

wrath was 2 years, a quarter of which was dead time.
    ulduar was too short and naxx was too long, time wise anyway.
    if they didn't remake the whole damn world we'd be killing rag(again) right now, not that i mind the whole new world its awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Missouri, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe 285.2b
    Quote Originally Posted by depthnight View Post
    check front page bratha. the time slate.
    because blizzard always releases things exactly when the schedule they made years ago says they will

now if you'll excuse me i'm goin to go play my copy of starcraft ghost that came out in '04

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    people constantly copy it into their signatures ... that gif is old.. very old. so old it knows what dialup means
    ...i hated that goddamn noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    No they arent ruining the game.. they're getting better at developing the game. so faster expansions make sense.
    This. I think the fact that Blizzard would try to push out expansions every 1.5 years instead of 2 just means they are getting better and better at doing what they do best. Although I highly doubt the table is right. I don't expect to see another expansion until late 2012/early 2013, because no matter how good Blizzard gets at developing games, they always hold off as long as possible to put out the best games possible (SC2 and Diablo3 say hello haha).
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    1. They are improving the game.
    2. How can they ruin a game that they made themselves? The creators already know where they want to get, and it's their "ideal". So like it or not, they do what they want with it because they think it's awesome. Their game, their rules. And I mean that in a positive way; do you actually think they want to lauch something that's so crap, nobody wants to play?

QQ.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adding new and better things in a game would never ruin it. I think you should edit your first post, because it sounds like you are asking, "Does getting pay raises make you want to quit your job?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can take a random chart from the internet as gospel proof they will release expansions every 1.5 years.

As far as them ruining it, well no, not really. It's mostly improved besides a few changes that suited the majority but not me personally.

If u think that new content can ruin the game you should stop play it...btw Blizz it's making the game a lot more easy and I think this could ruin some aspects of the game, like snegro said...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz, u so idiots, i totally played at vanilla, we kill nefarian lul hardcore, u ruin gamed

Hey man if 1.5 year expansions mean less meh ToC/ICC content, I'm all for it (well ICC was pretty awesome but they dragged it out WAY past it's fresh-by date stamp). What I've seen from beta is that Cata is way more substantial WoTLK and BC in terms of both raid, leveling, and PvP content.

It looks like they're going for more variation in raids, and actually testing them! I mean people wax poetically about how BC shipped with Kara, Gruul, Mags, TK & SSC... but t4 was way overtuned and t5 was just completely bugged if not almost completely untested besides some death touching through phases. Plus itemization was really really slapdash. With the WoTLK release raids at least they had some QA done to 'em, even if you didn't agree with the recycling of Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    Adding new and better things in a game would never ruin it. I think you should edit your first post, because it sounds like you are asking, "Does getting pay raises make you want to quit your job?"
    or. "im totally burned out, but addiction is a bitch"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyshh View Post
    BC was in January of 07

Yeh, more specifically:

Vanilla: November 23, 2004
    BC: January 16, 2007
    Wrath: November 13, 2008
    Cata: December 7, 2010

Vanilla to BC - 26 months
    BC to Wrath - 22 months
    Wrath to Cata - 25 months

Average: 24.3 months = 2 years and a little bit =)

I would say that in proximity to other expansions i would guesstimate plus or minus 2-3 months to the two year mark. In terms of quarterly release Mid to late Q4 of the existing year or Early Q1 the following year.

Blizzard is relatively consistent so to imply they are ruining anything does not make sense.
    Last edited by Toxcat; 2010-12-02 at 09:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyshh View Post
    BC was in January of 07

BC was delayed

And no they wont.. next expansion will be november 2012

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    We how now seen that they will release expansions with a 1,5 year space.

Do YOU think that it is blizz ruining World of Warcraft? or do you like that fact that you will have new content every 1,5 year?
    Because the picture on the front page must be absolute truth.

I don't think they will be releasing a new expansion within a year and a half. My guess is, it will be late 2012 or early 2013. I wouldn't state any facts concerning that time slate.

And no, they are not ruining the game. I for once would get bored to play the same freaking content year after year without any changes.

Deleted
    Okay alot of people are misunderstanding, the "ruining" part of my question. what i ment was that do they realease new content before people are done with the old content, so you get overwhelmed

In my opinion they didn't ruin it. Of course there are some problems which I would like to have fixed, but who doesn't have something they want to have changed? All in all it's a great game, in the end that's why I'm playing it brother

Not at all in the least. Its the players that run through the content as fast as they can without exploring and not having any interest at all in the lore end up missing out on all the great things that WoW has become.

I don't mind the insanely long wait. Yeah, it sucks, and I've wanted to quit wow for months (haven't because I've been waiting for cata with nothing else to do =/) in all honesty though. I don't expect for the expansion after cataclysm to take this long though, because cataclysm had to come out with not only as much content as bc and wotlk for lvls 80-85, they had to come out with 4 (so I hear) raid instances right off the bat as well as completely redoing the entire lvl 1-60 zones and many of those instances have been redone somewhat as well. the amount of work I've seen put into the shattering could be like 3/4 of an expansion itself :P