Thread: Banes

Banes

Blizzard stated in the beggining of Beta that some Curses (before 4.0.1) like Agony and Doom will be converted into Banes and will act like magic instead of curses... Any reason the only change is their names and they are still curses??? Did I missed something? Is this a bug?
    Because it's ANNOYING as hell since Mages, Druids can remove TWO of them at the same time, if you have Elements and Agony up, and they use Remove Curse, both will dissapear, and I'm quite sure, Remove Curse is supposed to remove 1 Curse at a time...

sounds like a bug.
    Last edited by Smetz; 2010-12-02 at 10:47 AM.

mages cant remove magic effects from remove curse, resto droods are the only drood spec that can remove magic and curse at the same time since they are a healing class, at lvl 85 it will cost alot of mana for a healer to cleanse but its only healers that can remove 2 effects at the same time from cleanse as long as they spec into it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    mages cant remove magic effects from remove curse, resto droods are the only drood spec that can remove magic and curse at the same time since they are a healing class, at lvl 85 it will cost alot of mana for a healer to cleanse but its only healers that can remove 2 effects at the same time from cleanse as long as they spec into it.
    Read again what I posted, your answer has nothing to do with what I said... Banes are Curses, they can be dispelled by Remove Curse, and have full duration on Mage Armor...
    Last edited by Bogdan; 2010-12-02 at 12:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are both curses and magic effects. Mages can get rid of them one at a time, Resto Druids can get rid of both at the same time.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    They are both curses and magic effects. Mages can get rid of them one at a time, Resto Druids can get rid of both at the same time.
    How can they be both magic and curses?? Since Agony has full duration on Mage Armor how can it be a magic effect? Since mages can't dispell magic effects how are they dispelling it? Since Priests and Paladins can't dispel it, how is it magic? Agony and Doom are curses not magic, my question was WHY? Why are Locks being able to have 2 curses up since Blizzard said blue on black that agony and doom are being transformed into magic...

15+ Year Old Account
    Go test for yourself.
    Find a mage, duel him and have him remove curse on Bane of Agony. It will work.
    Find a priest, duel him and have him Dispel Magic on Bane of Agony. It will also work.

R.I.P. YARG

so.. in effect they have shadow nerfed us.. awesome.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    How can they be both magic and curses?? Since Agony has full duration on Mage Armor how can it be a magic effect? Since mages can't dispell magic effects how are they dispelling it? Since Priests and Paladins can't dispel it, how is it magic? Agony and Doom are curses not magic, my question was WHY? Why are Locks being able to have 2 curses up since Blizzard said blue on black that agony and doom are being transformed into magic...
    Sure your not some cross eyed smurf spending way to much time infront of the screen? Don't get me wrong, its quite fun having a midnight laugh over your raging at people trying to explain how things work, piece of advice.., take a chill pill n' accept the fact that not everything is working as intended just yet due to the exp coming.
    Blizz also stated ages ago that with the flexible lockout you could clear as much as you want on 25, but you'd be able to switch to 10man if you got stuck on some fight.., this also remains to be fixed unless that got solved under this resets maintanence.

Go test for yourself.
    Find a priest, duel him and have him Dispel Magic on Bane of Agony. It will also work.
    Gherkin, since you are a moderator in the Warlocks forum I'm guessing you have a warlock of yourself, I suggest that YOU should try having a priest dispelling Agony.... Priests, cannot dispell Agony, so Agony isn't magic; since Agony has a full duration on mage armor is either a curse or a disease, and since mages can dispell Agony and mages cannot remove magic it's a curse, already said that above but...

Also I found that blue post... "Curse of Agony and Curse of Doom will be converted into Bane of Agony and Bane of Doom. Bane spells are considered magic instead of curses. This means you will be able to cast one Bane (e.g. Bane of Agony) and one Curse (e.g. Curse of Elements) on a single target." ---- And since what's currently on live and what's in this post aren't simillar (except you can have 2 of them on a single target) it's a bug... I just wanted to see how other people feel about this... because it's frustrating for both warlock and non warlock classes (in pvp)

Deleted
    Go test for yourself.
    What kind of bullcrap is that? I suggest YOU go and try it. Priest CANT remove bane of agony.

I think you're confused with shamans who can remove curse and magic if specced resto.

Priests cant remove curses/banes

the reason they made banes separated from curses was not making banes magic, was to be able to allow warlock to use a damage "curse" (bane of doom, agony) and a debuff curse (coex, coe, weakness)

Deleted
    In short, its considered magic by the game to degree of having it up with curses but s considered by dispel mechanics as curse

15+ Year Old Account
    It worked in beta for a time, and based on the blue post I thought it still did.

I should stop assuming.

R.I.P. YARG

I should stop assuming.
    When you Assume you make an ASS out of U and ME. :P