Cataclysm: Arena/BG Comps

Hello!

I've been an arena player since BC, and I still enjoy it a lot. It is probably the only or one of the few reasons I still play wow. Although I have played an insane amount of BGs, it was only because I kind of had to, to get the latest gear. Now with the new BG system, I am wondering how BGs will turn out. I mostly hated BGs because people either had no clue, were running around just trying to get kills instead of doing the objectives, or botting/leeching. And then there were the people that actually understood the battleground, and tried to make the best out of it instead of yelling:" Just give up, the Horde is already 1-0" in a WSG battle. Anyway, this wasn't really the main point of my post, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on that aswell, what people think about the rated change.

The question I had is the following: What comps do you think will work in Cataclysm? Both for 10-man BGs, and 2s/3s in arena.

I am curious because everytime a class is "balanced", the comps change. And I was wondering if people crunched some numbers, or had some theories about what might work and maybe which existing comps will completely fail now. Also, maybe people from playing the Beta have got a good idea of what works and what doesn't. Please share thoughts and try to give a logical explanation for your choices, and not just post the comp. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by flipflap View Post
    Hello!
    I've been an arena player since BC, and I still enjoy it a lot. It is probably the only or one of the few reasons I still play wow.
    you should know better than to ask for arena advice on mmo-champ

Resto Druid/Warrior, Lock/Resto Druid/Warrior
    BG's 2-3 healers, 2-4 meatshields, and the rest is nuke. That should be decent.
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhonors View Post
    Resto Druid/Warrior, Lock/Resto Druid/Warrior
    BG's 2-3 healers, 2-4 meatshields, and the rest is nuke. That should be decent.
    case and point
    restodruids are getting trucked by anything with offensive dispels (the new dispel system with no resistance is really broken)
    although WLD will always be viable its much worse now that the lock can't dispel he druid (devour is a purge now) and druids get purge raped.
    disc goes oom in 2min and cant ever go offensive cause ceasing the flash of light spam = someone dies. (shields blow)

war, feral, frostmage, holypaly, resto or ele sham, any lock spec, and rogues are all doing well. some sort of combo between these with good synergy will be fairly successful.

hunters shadowd/disc priests are doing really poorly in particular.

it seems outlast comps will be popular now that the game has slowed down and comps based constant pressure seem very strong. I expect lots of melee cleaves at first.

for bgs.. 2-3 healers.. at leasts 2 MS.. rest dps that actually know what to do and pay attention

for bgs, two good 5s comps together

like a spell cleave 5s and another good 5s