10+ Year Old Account

Need better Keybindings - Causing Physical Pain. (Arcane Mage)

So I play an arcane mage. I've recently had a problem with some carpal tunnel while playing WoW because of the arcane rotation.

As you can see below, my keybinding for Arcane Blast is "Q".

So I think you can see where this is going. My rotation looks like this for most fights:

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

The constant repetition is really taking its toll on my wrists. It's nothing I'm taking any type of pain medication for, but it's pretty annoying and with all the QQ I do, it could get worse. A lot worse. The ultimate solution would, of course, be some sort of software where I click a button, it auto spams "Q", and then I press it again when I want it to stop spamming "Q".

Thanks for your time, I appreciate any advice you have!
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg Says; 2010-12-02 at 01:16 PM.
    Lightning Fast

lol

Edit: Fixed your actionbar for you so you will have no more pain. Now, feel free to faceroll over the keyboard.

Last edited by Inferis; 2010-12-02 at 01:04 PM.
    No Screenshot. No Signature. From WMV or Ingame. Make it big.

Watch me create signatures on Youtube here - Watch my signature gallery here

This topic is full of QQ, it would seem.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure the ultimate solution isnt something that presses your buttons for you, but for you to stop playing for a bit. if you're in pain now it could do some serious damage to your wrists :\

xD

Sarcasm answer: Get a Logitech g15 and bind it to the g key, its possible to get it to spam

"Remember there is always something cleaverer than yourself"

Deleted
    bind your AB to 4 instead, works wonders!

This topic is full of QQ! On a serious hand, why not just switch places for Blink and Arcane Blast?

Deleted
    One thing which i know alot of people to is that they spam the button, in this case Q, whilst the spell is being casted which is not really needed. If you're doing that, try to get used to not pressing it as hard or as frequently.

Or you could simply pick up your keyboard and smash it on to your head for even greater success.

L2click
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

bind to scroll up and scroll down, turn ur mouse up and down and roll the scroll wheel

Less QQ, more pewpew.

Seriously, why have the button you're spamming on Q? Are there any keys that you can spam that don't case you irritation? The general suggestion should be to have those buttons you use most on the keys that are most comfortable for you to press and you might have more comfort with a key you can press with your index finger rather than one you're pressing with your ring finger. Consider switching the bind from Q to possible E, R, or F and move one of those to Q instead, or perhaps make more use of Shift/Alt/Ctrl binds.

Maybe you could consider replicating Arcane Blast over multiple buttons. Also changing the positions of them. I personally have one Arcane Blast with the keybinding Shift+; and the other on the keybinding Shift+0 This makes the rotation slightly better if you alternate the two buttons in the order as follows

Shift+; Shift+0 Shift+; Shift+0 Shift+; Shift+0 Shift+; Shift+0 Shift+; Shift+0 Shift+; Shift+0 Shift+; Shift+0 Shift+; Shift+0

See if that helps you enjoy your game more than your current bindings!

15+ Year Old Account
    bind your arcane blast to scroll up or down.

Take my advice, exchange all your shift-bindings with ctrl bindings.
    If you think its too far down for your pinky to reach then do this: Place the upper part of your hand below your pink on the ctrl key when you use it, its very simple after a bit of practice and doesn't require you to bend your pinky down on the left outer side of your keyboard constantly, like you do with shift bindings.
    'To laugh at your own mistakes can lengthen your life, but to laugh at the mistakes of others can shorten it.'

Deleted
    This feels like such an obvious troll. It just happens to be QQ that you press with a rotation thats one button??? Pull the other one. Locking thread and banning you.
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-12-02 at 01:26 PM.