Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Digital Download: Is it downloaded?

I purchased my digital copy a month or more ago, and so far I haven't seen any background downloaders going. Is there a way I can check if I have Cata installed?

Would be awful to login Dec 7th ready to play and have to wait to download.

Deleted
    go to your battle.net account and check it i'm sure you can see it ther

Ok lets see.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 10:02 AM ----------

It shows "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm", but then again it said that when I first purchased the download. If I have it downloaded the files should be on my computer, no?

Deleted
    You have to log once on your game to be flagged as Cataclysm, then exit then start the launcher again to start the DL. Have you done that? I mean really logging in the game, not just starting it.

Deleted
    did just tjek mine

Upgrade Complete Play the minute servers go live, if it says that you will be abel to log on the 7 dec

And i think you have most of the files on the computer allready, most of them did come with 4.0.3, as i know it the patch you have to downloade is bugs and such from the beta and some minnor stuff or something not sure

Deleted
    So far my expansion 3.mpq has 628 mbs. So... IDK i'm in the same boat.

Is that supposed to be all the preloaded data or is there more?

Quote Originally Posted by Gackto View Post
    I would guess you've downloaded it all, I don't think they'll throw in another small update to fix minor bugs on release day, it'll ruin your launch experience if you wake up Dec 7th and have to download another 150mb to be able to play without problems. Atleast I hope they won't do that

Anything wrong with the steps you followed Blizzard gave you when you bought Cataclysm?

It clearly says it should download in the Launcher or when you are in the game, in game you can check by hovering your mouse over the PC icon in the menu saying 'Download: Completed' or something like that.
    torbase.tk
    Looking for voluntary writers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gackto View Post
    When i purchased the digital version i got a 700mb, but that was prior to 4.0.3 so i don't know if that DL is still required.

I bought the digital upgrade like few hours ago and it prompted me for an 850 MB download at the launcher. The expansion3.mpq is about 640mb so I guess that's in line with most of the people.

As long as you've logged into the account you upgraded at least once, yes.

When you did it triggered a roughly 700 MB download which contains all the Cataclysm-unique content.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

If you can log in the game right now then you are ready to cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Everyones ready for Cataclysm, 4.0.3a is Cataclysm.

Everyone has all the files ready (or are downloading them as they play).

<Moderator Edit: This is false information.>
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-12-02 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post

There is some difference actually; if you have the pre-order (Or you modified some configuration files to make the game think you have the pre-order), you'll have some additional files. These files in particular:

World of Warcraft\Data\Expansion3.mpq
    World of Warcraft\Data\client locale here\Expansion3-speech-client locale here.mpq
    World of Warcraft\Data\Interface\Cinematics\Goblin_800.avi
    World of Warcraft\Data\Interface\Cinematics\Goblin_1280.avi
    World of Warcraft\Data\Interface\Cinematics\Worgen_800.avi
    World of Warcraft\Data\Interface\Cinematics\Worgen_1280.avi

As well as a .lock file for all the above.

I purchased Cataclysm online yesterday and it also triggered a 700mb download. My installation was completely up to date prior to that.

According to the Blizzard website, and their promotional material, you should be able to play at 12:01 am, 12/7/2010, if you use the digital download method. Which makes me wonder why anyone would want to stand in line for 3 hours; pick it up at the store at 12:15 am; rush home and get it installed by 12:30 am; download "the patch" that will install the changes since the time Blizz created the Cata install disk, and begin playing by around 1:00 am... (Based on WotLK experience).

If this is anything like TBC or WotLK, servers won't be fully functional until Wednesday or Thursday anyway.

Soooo... here are the top 10 reasons I can think of to wait in line to purchase Cata...

10. I just love standing in lines
    9. I like meeting other people with the same interests as me
    8. I might be able to pick up a girl/guy
    7. I get to see all my rl friends
    6. So I can dress up as Thrall and show my commitment
    5. So I can see someone dressed up as Sylvanus
    4. So I can show off my Frostmourne
    3. For the Horde!!!
    2. My mommy won't let me use her credit card for online purchases
    1. It's the only way to get the Collector's Addition

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegamatic View Post
    I purchased Cataclysm online yesterday and it also triggered a 700mb download. My installation was completely up to date prior to that.

According to the Blizzard website, and their promotional material, you should be able to play at 12:01 am, 12/7/2010, if you use the digital download method. Which makes me wonder why anyone would want to stand in line for 3 hours; pick it up at the store at 12:15 am; rush home and get it installed by 12:30 am; download "the patch" that will install the changes since the time Blizz created the Cata install disk, and begin playing by around 1:00 am... (Based on WotLK experience).

If this is anything like TBC or WotLK, servers won't be fully functional until Wednesday or Thursday anyway.

Soooo... here are the top 10 reasons I can think of to wait in line to purchase Cata...

3. For the Horde!!!
    Ok but.....why is your post off-topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post

There are other differences as well all be it minor ones. One thing a few guildies and I have noticed is that if you have the Goblin Trike but have not done the digital download then it is silent. However if you have the digi-download then it sounds similar to the mechano-hog with a bit of a whooshing sound mixed in. Considering having Cata grants you access to the new 80+ zones as well as Goblin/Worgen it makes sense that you would be missing some sound files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

It isn't. It specifically answers the question: Once you purchase Cataclysm, the next time you log in it will begin the digital download, which is about 700mb. There will still be last minute patches, but we should have everything we need when they flip the switch at 12:01 am (ST).

It had already been mentioned that the majority of Cata changes were released in 4.0.3a. Rather than begin a new thread (which I could do) I added some color commentary concerning purchasing online.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegamatic View Post

3. For the Horde!!!
    The launch time is 12:00am PST - meaning anyone in Mountain, Central and Eastern will be able to go to a store at midnight local time and have 1, 2 or 3 hours to install the game before Cata goes live. If you are in PST then yes, Cat a will go live at the same time you could buy it in store but if you are in EST then you will not be able to play until 3am local time - plenty of time to install.

PS. I was playing just fine at BC and LK launch - it was pretty smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.