Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I gay up my server constantly. I play on Kirin Tor, and that place is full of LGBT.

My PC imploded, and now I'm sorta out of the loop on what's going on, so I just wanna say one last thing.

I just wanna say that I love you Lysah, and agree that you're totally awesome. Not because you support my point of view, but because you came into this thread and saw it through. I also applaud that you stood up for your opinions without becoming childish or repetitive or annoying or mean or going all crazy mod-powah on everyone's face.

The only bad thing is that in the end, someone decided that they had to pull the, 'You're a mod, you're not allowed to have opinions or discretion as to what threads should have life because I don't like them, let me speak with your supervisor.'

I had fun. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    (Pitchkart's post)
    My mother's side of the family has a history of schitzophrenia and many other mental disorders. And by history, I mean "almost everybody".

During the truly obnoxious process of getting legally confirmed as female (a rant for another day!), one of the standards-mandated things I had to do was go through a complicated "testing process" to ensure I wasn't insane (yeah, really). The part where I was examined for Dissociative Identity Disorder (= multiple personalities) and then Schitzophrenia was really unnerving to me, because it hit way too close to home with my family history. I've grown up being terrified I'd go "crazy" too. Alas, it turns out I just grew up as a girl. How boring, right?

Some of my family members are just hopeless. They're middle-aged or later and still wandering, going nowhere in life, or have actually died on the streets because we couldn't track them down after they disappeared. Others have gotten way past the basic disorder and established very successful lives for themselves.

For what it's worth, please feel comfortable and welcome in your posting here, and if you ever encounter me in-game.

Deleted
    too many homophobes for gay people to come out imo... regardless, I only knew one bisexual

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuta View Post
    I gay up my server constantly. I play on Kirin Tor, and that place is full of LGBT.
    I like your signature. I have a warrior too now.

Want to be warrior-buddies?

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Exactly, If Abnormality defines us, Then we are all defined.
    We are all genetically different, we all evolved along a different path, some of us look alike some look different, some have different skin tone.
    Some have different eye color.

We are all defined as human, you can't prop yourself up higher because you take it in the ass.
    Higher? We want to be treated equally. When we finally reach equal, then you can start to worry about us being treated better. This was a friendly discussion on how many gay people might be playing WoW.

Why isn't the straight version of that question valid? because instead of about 10% of the population, straight people are 90% of the population. It's already pretty sure that the vast majority of people playing are straight.

I'm also gay and I am now playing on EU-Gilneas (german server). Here we have a guild named <Querschlag> which has many gay members. I think the quota is about 50%. Their name used to be <Queerschlag> but they had to get rid of the additional "e".

I used to be a member, but being gay as the only thing you have in common is hardly enough. I am now guild leader of my own little guild and I know of one other gay member amongst us. Although we both are open about our sexuality inside the limits of our guild we hardly "promote" it outside.

On EU-Malygos three years ago I had a very hard time due to my being gay. I got harassed by a whole guild and constantly got very offensive whispers. Although I reported most of them, there was not a single permban. Being guild leader of a serverfirst guild and a scarab lord makes you an easy target, being gay while doing so just gives them yet another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    My PC imploded, and now I'm sorta out of the loop on what's going on, so I just wanna say one last thing.

I just wanna say that I love you Lysah, and agree that you're totally awesome. Not because you support my point of view, but because you came into this thread and saw it through. I also applaud that you stood up for your opinions without becoming childish or repetitive or annoying or mean or going all crazy mod-powah on everyone's face.

The only bad thing is that in the end, someone decided that they had to pull the, 'You're a mod, you're not allowed to have opinions or discretion as to what threads should have life because I don't like them, let me speak with your supervisor.'

I had fun. <3
    I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but I've dealt with this exact kind of behavior in the past, and it looks like I'm still a mod. People try to argue that their version of the rules is better, because they either don't realize our forum has its own set of guidelines, or they don't care and believe their personal ones are always best.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-12-03 at 08:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but I've dealt with this exact kind of behavior in the past, and it looks like I'm still a mod.
    Lysah no hard feelings, we did agree on some points at the start of the thread.
    Where we don't is where you stated that being gay defines a gay person, actions define people not sexuality.
    Good people can be gay bad people can be gay
    Good people can be straight bad people can be straight.

Your defined by the deeds you do things your remembered for.

I've read a lot of this thread, but not all so if this has been mentioned, sorry!

Proudmoore - US is a very LGBT friendly server and I believe there are more than a few guilds on it that... well I don't want to make it sound mean or anything >.< but that members of that community gravitate toward because they are accepted. (That's not to say that they are the only ones accepting of it though!) Of course you have the trolls and they will always be trolls, but from what I've seen, remarks against the LGBT community generally don't go without their repercussions because it is such a high pop server for them.

From experience I find it better to not speak about my sexual preference in WoW. Sadly, the majority of players I'm guilded with and even friends with online, seem to be of the opinion that the word "gay" applies to something thats bad, and the word "fag" is overused a lot. It shouldn't offend me, but it does. It's come to the point where I only speak with women in game, they are a lot more level headed.

What I don't understand is WoW players are classed in a "group" themselves, and are viewed by the average joe as geeks, nerds, no lifers, etc. You'd think being "outcast" like that would make them a little more tolerant, but sadly it just seems to make them more determined to be ignorant, anti-social morons.

This isn't limited to homophobia either. The amount of racism and sexism in the game is just as bad. But at the end of the day, just makes me appreciate myself and RL friends even more.

I’m a gay young man I like some straight people, I like some gay people. I don’t like some straight people. I don’t like some gay people.
    I found this tread interesting because I was curious how many other gay people play this game apart from me and my boyfriend.
    Sexuality is relevant to world of warcraft because some characters have sexual relations with one another. I believe there is even a page on Homosexuality on wowwiki itself showing that it exists in game.
    As I consider WoW to also be a social game players should be able to talk about whatever issues they what as long as both are willing to partake in the convo.
    But above all else I reckon this post should remember its original purpose.

Where we don't is where you stated that being gay defines a gay person, actions define people not sexuality.

You're defined by a lot of things, even pinpointing it to actions is being too narrow.

Also, remembered? That's not like to happen for any of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also contend that being gay can define a person for the reasons I said. If being gay were considered normal, then we straights could be defined by our straightness.

I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but I've dealt with this exact kind of behavior in the past, and it looks like I'm still a mod.
    Oh, I didn't think anything bad would happen, I don't think the people at MMO champ are stu--...er... I don't think they wouldn't be able to see what happened and know Blueface was just lame. I was just noting on how some people always pull that sorta card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceangel View Post
    From experience I find it better to not speak about my sexual preference in WoW. Sadly, the majority of players I'm guilded with and even friends with online, seem to be of the opinion that the word "gay" applies to something thats bad, and the word "fag" is overused a lot. It shouldn't offend me, but it does. It's come to the point where I only speak with women in game, they are a lot more level headed.

What I don't understand is WoW players are classed in a "group" themselves, and are viewed by the average joe as geeks, nerds, no lifers, etc. You'd think being "outcast" like that would make them a little more tolerant, but sadly it just seems to make them more determined to be ignorant, anti-social morons.

This isn't limited to homophobia either. The amount of racism and sexism in the game is just as bad. But at the end of the day, just makes me appreciate myself and RL friends even more.
    /Cheer

I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but I've dealt with this exact kind of behavior in the past, and it looks like I'm still a mod. People try to argue that their version of the rules is better, because they either don't realize our forum has its own set of guidelines, or they don't care and believe their personal ones are always best.
    Nominate for "Moderator of the Year" ? Despite how often you equip the Destroy of Fun boots. =/

I'd have to agree though. I'd probably be like "FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" *loud bang as banhammer explodes into action*
    What wet dreams are made of!

Quote Originally Posted by thatbezoguy View Post
    I also contend that being gay can define a person for the reasons I said. If being gay were considered normal, then we straights could be defined by our straightness.
    And that is a level we pray society eventually reaches, one where homosexuality does not define a person any better than heterosexuality, because both are treated equally.

You are defined by other people by the deeds you do, and remembered for them.

Why are my posts being deleted??

I will burn your soul.