Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I know a few on my server, but we have quite a small population, and no LGBT-centered guilds that I know of.

I was very flattered to be pegged as trustworthy and open minded enough for one of my guildies to come out to me, I have to say.

Leave your prejudices at the door indeed. Especially for those with a religious argument, aren't part of the teachings that everyone is equal, and you should love thy neighbor? I wasn't aware there was fine print, so it always seemed hypocritical to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Gay man, I have run across 3 others on my server thus far...And a lot when I play my proudmoore alt that I made for the Pride event...btw thats always really fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    i knew a couple of gay guys from an old social guild, nice guys but fairly bad at the game i seem to remember =P not met any of the others, or at least, they haven't been revealed to me.

Sexuality isn't related to the game, but if I'm having a conversation with someone and sexuality comes up, I typically say I'm gay because it's relevant to the conversation.

I know of four or five, myself included. But I imagine the WoW playerbase represents a fairly accurate cross section of humanity overall, so there's obviously plenty more.

I would say the amount would be about the same as in the general population. I am, and I know of a few other people who play that are, as well as knowing of a couple of guilds which advertise as being LGBT-friendly on the EU servers.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 Girl in my raid said she was lesbian (fem undead warlock)
    and 1 Girl said she was bi (fem bloodelf priest)

I think both lied... though they had common interest in yuri-mangas and lesbian media... hmmmm...

15+ Year Old Account
    the population is higher than one would think. Had 4 in my old guild and they were the friendliest of friendlies you'd ever meet. Unfortunately 2-3 of them were jokingly perverted in vent almost on a daily basis but it was all in good humor... but i think it scared one or two straight guys shitless haha.

Never met a lesbian though, I think I have, but I wont bet money on it just yet.

oh yeah, not topic related but another honorable mention, I've had a feminist as a guildie once. You can imagine how that turned out every time a WoW male opened his mouth... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I believe there was some drama awhile back because an LGBT guild was banned because they said it violated the TOS to have a guild based overtly on sexuality in a game that bars public discussion about sex in regular channels. However, I think they were reinstated. I don't remember much more than that.
    The Sacred Band
    The D-List
    The Spreading Taint - of the Rough Trade Gaming Community

Proudmoore is the unofficial LGBT Realm for WoW. There are other guilds across the other realms, of course, but this is the best known. Unfortunately, on the in-game Realm List, Proudmoore is currently listed as "Full." You can create new characters, but you can't transfer to this realm.

As per players, I've met a few. Lots in Trade claim to be; I usually take Trade Chat with a grain of salt. My boyfriend and I, obviously. We also know a few people in the Kingston, ON area who play. Two are on Jaedenar.

Like I say RE: Real Life: There are more of us around than you think, but less than you'd like.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Transgender. My sister-in-law is a lesbian but she doesn't play. My guild is mostly guys but the 2 women are married to men. I don't think it's something that would really need to be shared to anyone in game since its irrelevant to gameplay. So I doubt there would be many who share their sexual preferences to anyone but guild mates.
    In my experience I find that it's something that male players force to become very relevant. In a large plurality of cases, within a guild environment, heterosexual male players act as though female players are there for their amusement and condescension, whether they realize that they're doing that or not, and force these topics to come up.

nothing wrong with what you like. Lesbians <3<3<3

If you're looking to recapture nostalgia.. It's not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    OP, no one cares. If someone's race/sexual orientation/religion bother you so much, you need to seek help immediately because you are not normal.
    My warning was for bigoters who would otherwise flame this post...because of their raging homophobia or closeted homosexuality.

I'm gay tyvm. hahaha

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 03:44 PM ----------

I was just wondering about the current population of LGBT players. Its nice to actually talk to another LGBT player every once in a while.

I think Proudmoore still holds the top spot for LGBT population/guilds doesn't it? I think Stonewall will still let you in even if you aren't, but I dunno about Taint.

Deleted
    I'm a lesbian, and the only other person I know who plays is a gay guy. I'm out in my life, in-game I'm out as far as it's relevant (not in PUGs, for example, but then again I don't really talk in PUGs). I wish there was a LGBT guild on my server, or at least one that is openly gay-friendly, because I'm so sick of all the gay-jokes and slurs that I'm actually guildless at the moment. When I'm in a group/raid/guild and somebody uses gay slurs I always speak up and tell them that when they do that, they are talking about me. Not in trade chat, though, but trying to stop hate in trade chat is like trying to empty the ocean with a fork.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    i knew a couple of gay guys from an old social guild, nice guys but fairly bad at the game i seem to remember =P not met any of the others, or at least, they haven't been revealed to me.
    Heh, the three gay guys tht have been in my current guild in the past were insane power gamers that put most of us to shame ability wise. One of them was one of the better known theorycrafters early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I join a guild...which does not happen often...I like mine :P... They usually know I'm gay within the first few day. Always ask what kind of girls I like, always a fun little surprise. Have yet to have anyone judge me for it. In game that is. The real world need not apply :P

I know a fair number of LGB players on several servers. If you're looking for the "gay ghetto" of servers though, Proudmoore is evidently the place to be.

I don't let it bother me anymore. my guild knows im Bi and they respect it.

If you're looking to recapture nostalgia.. It's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I was just wondering about the current population of LGBT players. Its nice to actually talk to another LGBT player every once in a while.
    "Fizzleburn" is an awesome name!

Quote Originally Posted by entick View Post
    I'm a lesbian, and the only other person I know who plays is a gay guy. I'm out in my life, in-game I'm out as far as it's relevant (not in PUGs, for example, but then again I don't really talk in PUGs). I wish there was a LGBT guild on my server, or at least one that is openly gay-friendly, because I'm so sick of all the gay-jokes and slurs that I'm actually guildless at the moment. When I'm in a group/raid/guild and somebody uses gay slurs I always speak up and tell them that when they do that, they are talking about me. Not in trade chat, though, but trying to stop hate in trade chat is like trying to empty the ocean with a fork.
    Throw it back at them. You'll be surprised at the support you get.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Deleted
    i know a single woman who's lesbian, but i think she's the only one tbh...