Poll: Did

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Question Mage <-> Warrior Tank

Hey everybody,

Somebody else posted a Thread on the warrior Forum who asked the warrior community about how it would be to switch from a mage to a warrior as new main. I've done the same step myself. Some mage in my guild is currently leveling a warrior as his new twink. And I've talked to a lot of mages who have a warrior tank as twink or the other way arround. Seems there's some special kind of connection between those two classes.

How much of you have done the step from mage to warri (especially tank) or the other way arround?

Pretty funny
    Last edited by reflection; 2010-12-02 at 03:29 PM.

I did, actually. First main was a mage through BC, then switched to warr tank for wrath, then switched again to a pally...now I'm thinking of switching back to the warrior. Go figure!

Seems it isn't as much as I thought, but I saw this pretty often. Maybe just personal experience

i played my warrior as my main in TBC for a while before rerolling to shaman, and now im rolling mage in cataclysm, im not sure if theres a special bond between the 2 classes, but theyre both veritably intense in pvp situations

Deleted
    Not exactly the same, but a good friend of mine has a mage and a DK tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done that myself (i just don't like playing mage nor warrior), but i know several people that have a main warrior tank and a mage-alt, or the other way around...

My first main in vanilla was a mage, but I rerolled hunter later and spent the last 8-9 months before BC and the first few months of it as a hunter. Then I took a bit of a break and then I did my warrior that is still my main to this day, I don't know if it counts but I did start out as mage and end up as prot warrior. :S

well a warrior doesn't use mana, so I suppose its kind of a relief to not have to rely on that, personally I have a mage main with a Paly and Shaman alt (Neither levelled past 40) but then again i know a warrior who complains about the class a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mage all the way.

War as alt for some tanking.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Funny, I do play both those classes. I think it's because they're both quite mobile classes and I prefer that kinda playstyle.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are probably doing that because as a DPS you have long que times. As a tank you have instant que times and you feel needed.

I started with a druid in TBC, but played my mage first in the beginning of Wrath with my boyfriend playing his warrior tank. Then I switched to my druid after a while, and now in Cata I'm gonna play my warrior tank and my boyfriend prefers his mage. Eh?