Im a little worried :P

All my real life friends xferd to a pvp realm so I did too, then it hit me, I don't have any pvp gear, what am
    I going to do about the loads of horde who are gonna be attacking me? Haha. I've never played content when it first came out like this, do people actually fight over the quests a lot, like should I get some cheap pvp gear or something? Haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the fears and anxiety of playing on a PvP realm.
    Best tip I can give is that you hang out with those friends.

People will not fight over quests so much as they will look for opportunities to kill someone who is obviously not used to PvP realms. So, Buddy system ftw.

i know ill be leveling up with friends. Ill be running around with a warrior and a priest and ill be on my pally. Any horde we see best watchout because were out for blood while questing :O

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not having PVP gear while out in the field leveling isn't that big a deal. Especially in the new areas as everyone is going to be wearing mostly equal strength quest stuff after the first level or two.

Deleted
    The most common thing you'll run into on a pvp realm is the fact that when you kill some one more then 2 times, you will probably get raped by is lvl 80 main over and over again

I dont have any pvp gear and iv been in a pvp server forever. Just remember safety in numbers. But hordys will attack on sight. they would rather get the jump on you when you least expect it then let you live to get them first.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shibble View Post
    The most common thing you'll run into on a pvp realm is the fact that when you kill some one more then 2 times, you will probably get raped by is lvl 80 main over and over again
    Or he will just spam guildys and have 10 guys hovering around your corpse for an hour...

Quote Originally Posted by brightamethyst View Post
    Not having PVP gear while out in the field leveling isn't that big a deal. Especially in the new areas as everyone is going to be wearing mostly equal strength quest stuff after the first level or two.
    ^ This, I have always been on a PvP realm and I have never leveled with PvP gear. Here is a hint, you will be ganked, but compared to the amount of time you are just questing or running dungeons it is a very small percentage of your time. Therefore, I have never seen the need to wear PvP gear while leveling as it slows the leveling process down and only helps you out like 5% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    People will not fight over quests so much as they will look for opportunities to kill someone who is obviously not used to PvP realms.
    Oh whatever.

How in the hell is someone supposed to tell when someone is not familiar with being on a PvP server?

OP - don't worry about it. I've played on PvP servers since I started playing in Vanilla and they aren't that bad. I bet I leveled from 70-80 (it was during the first 6 days of Wrath) and only got killed 8 or 10 times by other players. I am on a server where alliance outnumber horde 2 to 1... but still. Even if you died 100 times from 80-85, that means instead of it taking you like 30 hours to hit 85... it takes 31.

You don't need PvP gear to level, cause almost no one else will be wearing it either.

What realm are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Souper friend View Post
    I dont have any pvp gear and iv been in a pvp server forever. Just remember safety in numbers. But hordys will attack on sight. they would rather get the jump on you when you least expect it then let you live to get them first..
    That's just everyone for the most part, not just horde. Also I have found that the first few days of an expansion people tend to be a little more chill about ganking. Sure you are going to die more or get in fights more during this time but say about 75% of the time in normal play an opponent will engage you. I would then say it is closer to about 50% of the time during new content but because of the higher player population density it seems like you get attacked more.

The only bad thing is the anxiety of knowing that at any random moment someone might drop from the sky and try to kill you. Chances of this happen increase exponentially the lower your health gets or the larger/stronger the mob(pack) you pulled.

Yea you might get ganked once or twice. You'll get used to it eventually.

I've always leveled in PVE gear in a PVP realm. When an expansion launches most ppl are focused on leveling and tend to avoid engaging in pvp unless provoked.

i wouldn't have transferred to a pvp realm unless you really, truly wanted to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Yea you might get ganked once or twice. You'll get used to it eventually.

I've always leveled in PVE gear in a PVP realm. When an expansion launches most ppl are focused on leveling and tend to avoid engaging in pvp unless provoked.
    Pretty much this, im going to be in PvE gear + while I do love PvP, when im leveling i dont really care about ganking others. Just expect PvP to happen on a PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    i wouldn't have transferred to a pvp realm unless you really, truly wanted to.
    i did really really want to, I'm not regretting my decision

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei View Post
    Oh whatever.

How in the hell is someone supposed to tell when someone is not familiar with being on a PvP server?

OP - don't worry about it. I've played on PvP servers since I started playing in Vanilla and they aren't that bad. I bet I leveled from 70-80 (it was during the first 6 days of Wrath) and only got killed 8 or 10 times by other players. I am on a server where alliance outnumber horde 2 to 1... but still. Even if you died 100 times from 80-85, that means instead of it taking you like 30 hours to hit 85... it takes 31.

You don't need PvP gear to level, cause almost no one else will be wearing it either.

What realm are you on?
    Yea that names sense. I'm on kel'thuzad. It's sucks knowing my 6k gs rating will mean nothing QQ

Stay with your buddies or lvl at night. Or even wait a month or so to play. Thats what i'm doing, did it with wotlk and
    never looked back.