Cata Raiding Comp Question

Hello mmo-champ people, I am a regular reader and i have a question for you fine people. I am the GM of a 10m guild that will be raiding in Cata and i was wondering if it mattered what kind of comp i run in the raids? For instance should i bring 3 melee and 3 range or 2 melee and 4 range or does it even matter?

Deleted
    Hi Heaven, It really depends on the boss which you and your raid group are about to face. With the dual talents been made easy for some classes to change between ranged and melee or tank, dps and healing.

And you should by now know what your guild members posses on talent/class wize

I think that whats important is that the 10 players play the spec that they prefer, theres always a solution to adapt to the bossfights Raiding is still for entertainment purposes

get 3 healers imho

Quote Originally Posted by mothain View Post
    Hi Heaven, It really depends on the boss which you and your raid group are about to face. With the dual talents been made easy for some classes to change between ranged and melee or tank, dps and healing.

And you should by now know what your guild members posses on talent/class wize
    This.

There are always "optimal" strats for bosses but the ideal comp can change a lot between bosses so unless you want to be switching people out mid-raid (or you have a bunch of shammies and druids), just make sure you have some of each. In general most fights are a bit easier if you are balanced more on the range side than the melee side though.